PDA

View Full Version : How to drop the backpack

Tobus
10-13-2007, 08:10 AM
Title says it all really.

I'm playing the demo, found me a german uniform, but I can't seem to lose the Russian Backpack, no matter what I press or click. How do I lose the Russian backpack?

Von Omar
10-13-2007, 08:28 AM
Hit the (i) to bring up your inventory. There is a little image of the pack near the upper, outer right edge of the inventory window. Drag that with the cursor out of its slot and outside the inventory window. It'll drop the pack.
You can drop any peice of equipment in this manner.

Tobus
10-13-2007, 09:23 AM
Thanks! I knew it would be something easy to do. Now to get through to the base. Any pointers on how to get me an officers uniform?

mbv
10-13-2007, 10:55 AM
If this is the first mission (the demo mission) I waited until I got to the driver in the bunker before I changed clothes. You can avoid all the patrols on the road leading to the bunker and truck. For the patrols in the areas where the road narrows just stay hard over on one side in the prone position and watch them, when they turn back to the bunker follow behind them and keep hard over to the left. They usually turn in a wider area where they don't see you at the side as they turn. Grab the drivers uniform in the bunker (choke him) and you are on your way to the base in the lorry.

takedown47
11-01-2007, 04:28 AM
i managed to sneak into the base without changing clothes. I planted dynamite near the perimeter, set it on a 15 minute timer, meanwhile planting a mine field around the explosive. I then relocate steathily through the forest, across the road and wait for it too blow. Then the gaurds at the gate along with half the garrison go running to check it out. Depending on how evenly you placed the mines i can kill around 10-20. In the confusion i run into the base, get into one of the workshops close to the entrance and knock someone out quietly for a uniform (usually the officer who is standing over a driver fixing a wheel. If you are quiet his buddy wont even know his superior is dead/unconcious. Move in and knock him out also. Move the bodies, wait for dietrich to enter, give him a knock on your head with a luger, get the key (but u dont need it) and hide his body (u can come back for it later). With the officers uniform and provided you dont do anything stupid like shoot a guard in the face you'll have free run of the place. However the HQ there are still some hallway gaurds you'll know you're not a true aryan and will likely raise the alarm. A good way to take them out is with a knife either from a distance by throwing it or moving in quickly and slashing his throat. Cack the safe/unlock the safe, get the documents, get back to dietrich, put him in the back of the truck and drive back to moscow for some vodka.

Spacefrog30
07-26-2008, 01:38 PM
press o then drag & drop