PDA

View Full Version : So it is officialy delayed till 2008..?

4eVeR
10-13-2007, 06:13 AM
Its true?It wont come out in 2007? even in russia? What happened then.....? =(

Freak Of Nature
10-13-2007, 08:01 AM
I've asked the same question, but nobody aswered me :roll: hope they'll answer here. So what cause release date move to 2008? :?

trutaeu
10-13-2007, 02:20 PM
Which is why the game both troupes? It was to be launched in December 2005 :?: :?:

:cry:

Alex Pianist
10-13-2007, 02:53 PM
Hey guys what are you talking about? The game was released in 2005 :lol: :lol: :lol: as it was originally told by the developers. Unfortunately they are so selfish so they decided to play it without giving this game to others. That's why they changing the release date from time to time.

Btw - that's very logical point :lol:

trutaeu
10-13-2007, 03:07 PM
Then you wanted to say that the developers have launched the game for them even? :?:

Ubaku
10-13-2007, 03:44 PM
The game is delayed to 2008 because it is not finished yet.

Alex Pianist
10-13-2007, 04:29 PM
Then you wanted to say that the developers have launched the game for them even?

That's just my theory :lol:

trutaeu
10-13-2007, 05:46 PM
More cartoons left I was more angry that we are more than 5 months without news of the game

trucknisse
10-13-2007, 08:02 PM
What do you mean? The last official development update was Sep 8:
http://www.rignroll.com/index.php?type=dev_id&publ_id=470
plus we've received some updates from evgeny as well.

The game is delayed is because its not ready. Not special happened, its just taking time, as we all know by now.

rmagnum2002
10-13-2007, 09:05 PM
The game is delayed to 2008 because it is not finished yet.

Really, didn't know that.... :D

trutaeu
10-13-2007, 10:44 PM
I do mean that, after the day on September 8, the latest news was on 8 May, May to September no news .... it is very annoying :twisted:

cowboy62
10-14-2007, 02:08 AM
if this is true that it will not be released this year them i shall have to thinlk seriously about looking for a new game as this company is just not worth dealing with any longer im sure i read some were this company was responsible for developing the simulation for the russian space programme how many years did that take :evil: :evil: :evil:

TruckingSulzi
10-14-2007, 07:39 AM
Well who said that its gonna be released in 2008?

Pete379x
10-14-2007, 09:20 PM
Well who said that its gonna be released in 2008?

Exactly...its not official!The will probably delay it as usual.

Alex Pianist
10-14-2007, 09:29 PM
Pete379x
yep - then it will be in summer 2008, then in september 2008, then we will receive the following from the developers - we have to test our previous test, so it will be somewhen in 2009, and so on :lol:

I think we should wait for... um 18 Wheels of Steel: Rig'n'Roll :P

bandit1
10-14-2007, 09:32 PM
they are probably waiting for the in-game date to be exact to the real-life date 2011. lol

toyota-martin
10-15-2007, 12:43 AM
Pete379x
yep - then it will be in summer 2008, then in september 2008, then we will receive the following from the developers - we have to test our previous test, so it will be somewhen in 2009, and so on :lol:

I think we should wait for... um 18 Wheels of Steel: Rig'n'Roll :P

hehe omg :D then we have to wait for quite some time lol.. they have to finish "long haul" and "europe truck sim first" :P

but i guess that they release it before RgR are released.. but then we have to download like 6-8 pathes for the wos games :P thats always the way it is from them :P

Alex Pianist
10-15-2007, 03:23 AM
toyota-martin well, SCS guys will probably release their games... I heard that one of them will be finished in December (I'm not sure!) and the other one in March. If we will ask them to make 18WoS: RnR game now, we'll probable get it... maximum - in a year :lol:

Evgeny
10-15-2007, 06:36 AM
Well, guys, it's quite common practice, when the release date of a game is moved. I understand your disappointment, but sometimes it happens, when the development team meets some difficulties during the development. Hope you'll understand.

roebedoes
10-15-2007, 06:45 AM
well evengy i think we will not understand this :roll: i think this game has the record for the most release dates. you guys make yourself not believable with delaying every time the game

greetings from holland

p.s all we wonna know is the releasedate(probably this will be delayed but whateverrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr)

GinXeng
10-15-2007, 06:56 AM
This is just ridiculous, when I first was told about this game back in 2001 I was only 13 years old. Now I am 21 and driving a real truck in life and still this game not out yet.

Bloodstar
10-15-2007, 02:17 PM
This is just ridiculous, when I first was told about this game back in 2001 I was only 13 years old. Now I am 21 and driving a real truck in life and still this game not out yet.

Well, this is a little bit of exaggeration.

King of the road was released in 2002. by JoWooD, I know because I reviewed it.

Every game needs 2 years at least. Since this was big project then 3 years.
So before late 2005. this game could not have been released.

It is late 2+ years at least.

Basically they don't have much time until it becomes Duke Nukem Takes Forever and they know it. I am glad that they responded and that they are aware of this "syndrome".

I am not truck driver but glad to see so many truck drivers fans of this game. That is telling much about this game haha.
My friend is truck driver and I am sure that he will buy this game when he see it on my PC.

Mario

GinXeng
10-16-2007, 12:01 AM

Well, this is a little bit of exaggeration.

King of the road was released in 2002. by JoWooD, I know because I reviewed it.

Every game needs 2 years at least. Since this was big project then 3 years.
So before late 2005. this game could not have been released.

It is late 2+ years at least.

Basically they don't have much time until it becomes Duke Nukem Takes Forever and they know it. I am glad that they responded and that they are aware of this "syndrome".

I am not truck driver but glad to see so many truck drivers fans of this game. That is telling much about this game haha.
My friend is truck driver and I am sure that he will buy this game when he see it on my PC.

MarioIt is not bit of exaggeration this game was annouced in 2001 back when the trucksims forum was still around.

Bloodstar
10-16-2007, 09:12 AM
[/quote]It is not bit of exaggeration this game was annouced in 2001 back when the trucksims forum was still around.[/quote]

Announced and put to work are two different things.

JoWooD released King of the Road game in June 2002. or so... they also had some patch to make.

BTW, if you go at site of Softlab you can see that they make some space simulators, music editing tools etc... only on old version of the site you can find and that not so easily that they make truck sims as well.

So what this tell you?

This tell you that they are NOT working only on Rig'n'Roll and that it is ONLY a ONE project of many they have.

Possibly that is the reason for delays. They have shifted workforce around and that caused delay of Rig'n'Roll, obviously they had priority on other projects.

So yes delay is big but how much time did they effectively worked on a game??? When such big delays occurs I wouldn't be suprised that for some time work was COMPLETELY stopped on a game. Or it was progressing with snail pace with only few people working on it while others made Space simulators or I don't know what.

Immature from them and not proffesional toward gaming community and fans and publisher - but maybe they had short term money making contracts to fullfil or go out of business.

Evgeny just helping you in PR.

Mario :wink:

Tinoo
10-16-2007, 10:16 AM
I played Kotr in 2004...Since then any good patch released?

Bloodstar
10-16-2007, 02:11 PM
I played Kotr in 2004...Since then any good patch released?

I don't know... Didn't even applied any patch on Kotr.

I admit I didn't played kotr too much and I sucked at this game. I have suceesfully delivered few times cargo and been through all the map, met mafia, admired beautifull scenery - bridges, weather, night effect, rain...
Game is very relaxing and I actually enjoyed driving a truck as much that silly may be LOL haha.

In fact, I like racing games but I am not very good at them. This game is just different.

What I didn't liked in Kotr is competition that was too agressive and made damage to my cargo. Cargo is not porculain to be damaged just like that inside truck. In any way i would prefer that competition is smarter, game is trying to be simulation and you must obey the rules in driving a truck and then silly ai tries to push you out of road. This is crazy and fantasy.

And guys bear with 1C. We can give them deadline of 1st Quater of 2008. to release the game.

I will not buy the game after that. I will just boycott it. If all fans tell them this then they will think about putting 2008. release date and making jokes with us year after year. 1Q of 2008. is all the time I am prepared to give them. I am tired of incompetent game developers that make games for 5 or 7 years.

Many companies have mistreated the fans and that was not good for them. Fans are forgiving to one point and then...

Mario

Flagman_20
10-16-2007, 02:15 PM
Nothing left to be said, I agree with every word on Bloodstar's post

Bloodstar
10-16-2007, 02:28 PM
Nothing left to be said, I agree with every word on Bloodstar's post

Thanks Flagman 8)

JOleg
10-16-2007, 03:54 PM
Woah ... I have just found out/read the story about 'Duke Nukem Forever' ... guys, that game is in development for TEN FAT years :? This equals FOREVER. Oh my God. After that I'm starting to think we've not seen any suffering at all ! We're just starting to suffer! :lol: I mean come on ... at least we have quite a lot of info on Rig'n'Roll and screenshots, even some videos, in comparision with what Duke Nukem Forever fans have - one tiny screenshot 200x125 pixels for what, the past 4 years?? Jeeeesus! And they get a plain "It's done when it's done" answer to the question "when is it going to be released?". I think the attitude is far worse there than it is here.

I found out about this game (DNF) just now but there's no way I'm going to attach to those poor folks in their quest for the moment of the release of the game... scary :lol:

So ... knowing that, and also knowing a couple of other projects which have been or are still in development for an indefinite amount of time (S.T.A.L.K.E.R., Racing Legends, Duke Nukem Forever, etc..) I say that 2008 might very well be not the last year of waiting ... :lol: Considering the fact there's still no pure and real evidence of completeness of the game...

Sorry ... it's just that I've just had a good laugh of DNF fans commenting the spoof trailer videos on YouTube :lol:

Flagman_20
10-16-2007, 04:17 PM
JOleg
Maybe that's true...
But we've been waiting for long now also. Rig'n'Roll fans have at least something that make us know that the game is still in development.
I'd think that the game had been cancelled if I only hade one pic for the past ten years.
10 years is forever, but 5/6 years are VERY long also.

Oh, and on other thing about the realease date: "It's done when it's done" is not much different that "Maybe it will be done in 2008" These are my thoughts though.

Tinoo
10-16-2007, 06:34 PM
What you think if this game is developing now 5 years and we arent at half of DUke nukem :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

USA Driver
10-23-2007, 04:53 PM
I knew this game wouldn't be released this year. I found it hard to swallow when they promised it would be released Q4 of this year.
1C seems to be turning into another SCS, playing with our emotions, except in other ways then the Map Editor. :roll:

GargantulaKon
10-24-2007, 08:41 PM
I feel like Rig'n'Roll is like the Gran Turismo series in that it keeps getting pushed back for the third part to be released. It is a coincidence that this is the third Hard Truck too. Are they perfectionists like Polyphony Digital (developers of Gran Turismo)? I kinda see that as a good thing since it means that the game will be better. I hope the simulation amazes me with their attention to detail when it finally is released in stores. Is 1C publishing it as a boxed product to stores in the US?

john
10-24-2007, 09:53 PM
i dont know but it was supose to come out in2004 :)

3dartpol
10-25-2007, 02:12 AM
It's is not IC fault , they are only publisher and not the developers that work on the game...

It is SoftLab-NSK that are developers and they are responsible to complete the game, but when they are busy or worked on other project then nothing can be done about.

Also it very strange that a game has been under work many years and where they get the money budget , i smell little fishy about this game that has been delayed many times...

GargantulaKon
10-25-2007, 03:02 AM
Also it very strange that a game has been under work many years and where they get the money budget , i smell little fishy about this game that has been delayed many times...
Probably from the other programs they develop.

Pete379x
10-25-2007, 03:26 AM
Its because they dont have a huge team!Thats why its taking them so long.

GargantulaKon
10-25-2007, 05:22 AM
How big is their company now in terms of employees? Around 5 people? SoftLab-NSK reminds me of the game Live for Speed and Vendetta Online that also develop slowly since the team is really small.

Anatoly
10-25-2007, 07:34 AM
Is 1C publishing it as a boxed product to stores in the US?

We do plan to do it either ways - retail and digital download both for North America and Europe.

GargantulaKon
10-25-2007, 08:24 PM
OK, thanks. It seems that a lot of small developers/publishers like to only release a digital download since it is cost effective, but I love to collect the box art, manuals and the DVD(s)/CD(s). I like having it physically available.

JOleg
10-25-2007, 10:10 PM
Is 1C publishing it as a boxed product to stores in the US?

We do plan to do it either ways - retail and digital download both for North America and Europe.

Okay, am I the only one who just saw the first confirmation that Rig'n'Roll will be distributed digitally as well? Folks have been asking.. Well, there you have your answer :wink:

BarroS
10-30-2007, 07:50 AM
Well, I am new to the forum, but I thought it was necessary for me to Join.
I love driving simulators. I am also waiting for Rig 'n' Roll to be launched for ages now... i still remember the first announcement they made... My question (and of all in this forum) is what is taking so much time to release the game? what's wrong? Why has multiplayer been removed?
Can anyone understand our :lol: PAIN :lol: of the delay of this game?
An answer would be nice... :lol:

Best Regards, BarroS

GargantulaKon
11-01-2007, 11:13 PM
Multiplayer would be awesome to have eventually. Hopefully, the artificial intelligence is going to be great.

Flagman_20
11-02-2007, 01:22 PM
I just can't understand it either.

We've been waiting for so long for thig game and they announced all along that there was going to be multiplayer.
Now they canelled it. Now that's just wrong.

After waiting for this game for so long now, I feel that SoftLab and 1C (or is 1C just the publisher?) have been playing with us.

I mean, what's going to be next? No AI? Only 5 trucks? No game at all? I wonder.

If they keep doing this, I'll just leave and find a company who doesn't play with their customers.

I don't want to sound rude or anything, but something has to be said.

Holland1994
11-02-2007, 05:49 PM
I just can't understand it either.

We've been waiting for so long for thig game and they announced all along that there was going to be multiplayer.
Now they canelled it. Now that's just wrong.

After waiting for this game for so long now, I feel that SoftLab and 1C (or is 1C just the publisher?) have been playing with us.

I mean, what's going to be next? No AI? Only 5 trucks? No game at all? I wonder.

If they keep doing this, I'll just leave and find a company who doesn't play with their customers.

I don't want to sound rude or anything, but something has to be said.

Yes your worries are right.
But i dont gonna say the reason....
It seems that they are playing with us, but i dont think so.

And this about many players say:
-i dont-gonna-bye-the-game-annymore-because-it-takes-so long....
Oke do what your want.
Its your life is'nt?
But, you want to play truck-games? What are you gonna do?
Drive a truck in FSX? No, dont think so. Or just keep playing Haulin?
And guys, please take it easy and dont use the badwords, just chill.

GargantulaKon
11-02-2007, 08:16 PM
While my team and I were making a game, we intended to include multiplayer, but we had so many network communication issues that we scrapped the idea for later since it was taking away from the time of making the other aspects of the game better.

I would still want to compete with people online eventually though. What if people online do not take the simulation seriously and crash into your truck while you were busy delivering a load? That can get annoying.

Flagman_20
11-03-2007, 02:46 PM
We're all annoyed about this.
The thing is that, and I think we all agree on this, the game's taking too long. Waiting this long and get disapointed again and again, just make us think that it isn't worth it. Most of the consumers (including myself) haven't left because this WILL be the greatest trucking game ever. But, we'll eventually get tired.

GargantulaKon
11-03-2007, 06:32 PM
There is a lot of people not into this type of "game" so there is not a huge demand to get this game released. I mean read some of the comments posted at GameTrailers.com's videos for Rig'n'Roll and I think that is one of the reasons why it is taking so long. The lack of people into trucking simulations. I hope when it is finally released, that more people will respect this type of simulation.

swidi
11-03-2007, 08:15 PM
Well. Thats make sense. So I think it can be a good idea to take only LAN game into the game... On that way, only selected players can play...