PDA

View Full Version : error

vigabrand
10-13-2007, 02:31 AM
I downloaded the demo anid tried to run it but get this error

The application has failed to start because its side-by side configuration is incorrect. Please see the application event log for more detail.

What does this mean and how do correct it?

Guardian
10-13-2007, 11:43 AM
I think You need to install vcredist, that file that is on a download demo page on a main Fantasy Wars page - http://www.fantasywars-thegame.com/index_uk.html

Bonus/Playable Demo, and there is a sentence "Warning! If You can't launch the demo, please install this file" (and there is a secret link in "this" word, so click it xPPP).

Other than that, I have no idea. But I think I had the same stuff while trying demo and that litlle file helped..... :? :wink:

vigabrand
10-17-2007, 05:15 PM
I received a fairly prompt email reply to this from tech support and I did have to d/l a program from microsoft. Fixed the problem and I'm up and running. Not sure if it was the same program you mentioned. I d/l the demo from another website and they didn't have any of this info. As a current victim of Blizzard (World of Warcraft) tech support, I'm pretty happy to have been successfully helped by 1C. Thanks!