PDA

View Full Version : Having a few issues with CoD...

burlaff
04-07-2011, 06:12 PM
First of all, this isn't one of those silly CoD bashing threads...

I'm having a few strange graphical issues with CoD of which I'd be very much pleased if someone could help me solve:

1) When I select the grass option in video settings, it simply doesn't work properly. See the attached image of the interior and exterior views of the Hurricane for examples of my problem. As you can see I don't seem to be getting proper blades of grass, just strange rectangular shaped things, and on exterior view I hardly get any grass at all.

2) Anti-aliasing simply refuses to work on CoD on my pc. There are no options for anti-aliasing in the corresponding section in video options in CoD, just 'none'. I've tried altering the values in the 'MSAA' section in the conf.ini but it had very little (as in, really, not very much) or no effect.

3) There is no self shading/shadowing present in CoD on my pc when the 'shadows' option is set to on, whereas its clearly visible in many screenshots posted by other users. see the attached screenshots of spitfires for examples of self shadowing and the il2 1946 style gradual dimming I get on my pc.

(Settings on CoD are mostly set to medium, with the exception of model detail set to high and a few other non-grass related options).

Would be appreciated if anyone could solve any of the above problems.

One final note: I've recently switched from windows XP to 7, so I'm wondering if any of the above issues are related to the game trying to run with the old XP settings, such as DX9, with which some features of CoD were limited.