PDA

View Full Version : Arrrgh! Mission 7 - The Abwehr School - really tough mission

mbv
10-12-2007, 12:39 PM
This one is giving me major grief at the moment I may have to restart it. I have both sets of documents and now have to kill the two high ranking officers in the school. I have the officers uniform but simply cannot kill the target in the room off the ground floor lobby that is full of officers and a couple of guards. As soon as you open the door the target identifies you and if you pull out a weapon at all the lobby crowd, and multiple other guards, kill you pretty swiftly. There is no way to distract everyone in the lobby while you kill the target and if you whistle the guards into a side room all of them come to meet you so that you cannot kill them all.

Any tips on how other people approached this one ?

Von Omar
10-12-2007, 09:56 PM
I wish I could be more helpful, but this was my least favorite of ALL the games missions.
I gave up trying to figure it out and just went through killing everyone. I don't mean run-and-gun, but taking out patrols and guards in a stealthy manner. Once you have freedom of movement the mission becomes a series of quick timing affairs to kill the targets and, alas, a whole pile of quick loads :(
I'll have to go back and do it "properly" at some point.
I'm sure that doesn't help you at all, but at least you know you can do it in a less calculating manner and still succeed.
Good luck.

mubuforever
10-12-2007, 11:44 PM
This one is giving me major grief at the moment I may have to restart it. I have both sets of documents and now have to kill the two high ranking officers in the school. I have the officers uniform but simply cannot kill the target in the room off the ground floor lobby that is full of officers and a couple of guards. As soon as you open the door the target identifies you and if you pull out a weapon at all the lobby crowd, and multiple other guards, kill you pretty swiftly. There is no way to distract everyone in the lobby while you kill the target and if you whistle the guards into a side room all of them come to meet you so that you cannot kill them all.

Any tips on how other people approached this one ?

I managed to finish the mission in a stealthy manner. This is how you do it.
you said you have the documents and the officers uniform. The target that sits in that lobby surrounded by officers(can't remember his name) at some point he leaves the room accompanied by a guard and goes up to the 3rd floor and enters the first room on the left.you follow at a safe distance.wait for him and the guard to enter and the door closes behind them.go past the door at the end of the corridor.wait for them to walk out of the room and leave and before the door closes get inside that room. You find a good spotting position and wait for a few minutes for them to return. Shoot them both with the silent revolver. That's the first target.
For the second target you need the instructor uniform. You can find an instructor in the library .The library is located at the second floor in the same wing of the building where you took the documents from. Once you got the instructor uniform go to the 3rd floor and enter the door where the soldier is . Go inside. On the left there is a rail of a balcony and in front of you there is a door of a classroom.open that door, but don't enter, you can see an instructor teaching take a short step towards the inside of the room and the action menu pops up and says"Raise fire alarm" press e (use) and immediately exit the room. This is important, exitting the room. The instructor will tell the students to leave and the entire classrom empties. after the students leave get into the classroom, shoot the instructor and hide his body behind the door. then position yourself in the classroom and wait After a while the target will come into that room for a visit. You know what to do :D
Some basic rules: watch the map at all times to avoid surprises, time your moves, save frequently and use different save files .

mbv
10-13-2007, 10:48 AM
Many thanks for both replies. I had completely missed the fact that the target on the ground floor actually moves out of the office, he seemed pinned to his desk all the time I watched him.

Unfortunately one of the booby traps I had laid earlier on a door (which could not be defused) to cover my eventual exit, should I need to run for it, went off when I least expected it. This turned all enemy red in one wing and I ended up in a room to room shoot out with a vast number of troops coming up the stairs. Don't know how I survived that one and it was quite messy in the corridor afterwards. Turned out the booby trap had taken out the target on the ground floor :D . I managed to finish the guy off on the third floor silently - he was stood there on his own because everyone else had run over to look at the booby trap corridor :lol:

I am going to have to do that one again!

A piccy of the vast number of troops that came to meet me when the booby trap exploded
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v94/markwalters/Miscellaneous/DeathtoSpies2007-10-1300-08-42-39.jpg[/img]

Von Omar
10-13-2007, 07:39 PM
It's great to see that I'm not the only one that resorted to mass body counts on that mission :)

I love how every mission has multiple methods of execution

Mafioso
11-03-2007, 05:22 PM
Oh man I can't kill the last officer(4) That German soldier standing near instructors classroom always sees the officer's body and he raise the alarm What do I do with him? I tryd to kill him, but then other see his body :(

RedMosha1
11-03-2007, 07:27 PM
What I did, is I got the instructurs uniform...For the last guy, I killed the guard who stands at the door and only lets instructor in then chucked him over the balcony. The alarm is raised all the students leave, the target stays in his classroom/viscinity..use the knife or pistol and get out.

hank3150
11-06-2007, 03:13 PM
how did you people go in the school? i killed the guy standing on the street your facing when you start the game, i crawled past those people in the middle and then chocked him, then i got in through the back passage

hank3150
11-06-2007, 03:14 PM
i do know i didn't went rambo on that mission :D

Tobus
12-12-2007, 12:59 PM
I went in via the tunnel from the postoffice. Fairly easy to kill anyone in the postoffice, after that easy enough to murder yourself a way through the tunnels.

The killing of the last 2 guys was hardest for me. I eventually did it by waiting for the first in his office, after getting the key to it from another guard. I shot him and the guard accompanying him in the office.

The last was most difficult, but also most satisfying. He walks between classroom and own office. After him leaving the classroom, I shut the doors to the hallway and the classroom, crouch in the farrest away corner and shot the guard guarding the hallway. Apparently a bug, because the people below can see you shoot someone when standing instead of crouching, but don't mind someone slumping because of getting shot. Anyway, I now rigged the door to the hallway with a grenade and gently leave the building via the front door (I have a officers uniform on, so no problemo). Since the guy takes his time, I got the mission accomplished message when I was well on my way out of the building.

redscare
12-13-2007, 11:17 AM
I did exactly the same as Tobus. Only that the first one I followed him so they opened the door to the office for me. I entered after him and the guard, and killed both.

The second one I waited till he was outside the classroom, closed the door, killed him and both guards in the corridor with headshots before they could rise the alarm. Then a student comes out the classroom --> headshot him and everyone inside the classroom to make sure the alarm is not going to raise.

Then just peacefully walk outside :D