PDA

View Full Version : Thankyou Mr. Maddox

sdcruz
10-11-2007, 10:23 PM
Hi Sir

I know you may never read this. Just want to say thankyou very much for developing IL2 Sturmovik. The sim is 6 years old and I just cannot believe how much fun I am having with it. I am playing the offline missions. I also like to create some dogfights in the QMB. I just created one with the old bi-planes against the 1940 BF109 and had so much fun!

A major PLUS is that this sim was also written in OPENGL. I am running IL2 Sturmovik under LINUX - as I do not have a M$ windows Operating System. The sim works perfectly running via WINE (www.winehq.org) - so thanks for developing this under OPENGL.

Fantastic sim - even 6 years later!!

Thankyou!

Shelton.
Australia

Flying_Nutcase
10-12-2007, 12:11 AM
And so say all of us.

Bravo Sir Maddox. You are d'man. Infinite thanks for such a fine piece of work, that continues to keep a grip on our free time and, err, our lives. :P

Flying Nutcase

choctaw111
10-12-2007, 01:08 AM
Yes indeed. Thank you very much. Friendships have been made as a result of this sim as well.

Monterey
10-12-2007, 01:53 AM
Yes, our wives may not care much for your sim, but we sure do!! Keep it up, Sir!!

S!

RockStar
10-12-2007, 06:53 PM
Indeed the finest sim on the market Sir. BTW my wife also likes your sim as it keeps me out of her hair. :lol:

DKoor
10-12-2007, 08:44 PM
Indeed the finest sim on the market Sir. BTW my wife also likes your sim as it keeps me out of her hair. :lol:+1

In the beginning it was a shortage...

After some time she realized the advantage of it.

choctaw111
10-13-2007, 01:20 AM
My wife got me stuff for Il2 so I could enjoy it MORE! :D Maybe now she realizes that may have been a mistake :lol:

Triad773
10-13-2007, 01:35 AM
My wife has called herself an "IL-2 widow" at times when I was on a squad online... part of the reason I don't so it anymore that way, But off line I can do when I want with no voicecomms to deal with. Not ideal by any means, but it works more with the family situation I have. She DID get me 1946, so she does like history and understand to some extent :)

Still loving what I can do with this software 8)