PDA

View Full Version : Mixture setting problems (Hurricane)

Redroach
04-04-2011, 02:33 PM
Hello, fellow chaps,

I am just hopping into the RAF campaign and I seem to have some trouble setting the mixture on take-off (CEM and heating effects on).
Right after starting the first mission, I am in the cockpit of my Hurricane and the mixture setting seems to behave pretty randomly. As you all know, you're supposed to set the mixture to "rich" and then start up the engine. I set two keys for "richer" and "leaner" mixture and, no matter what I do, the mixture setting seems to do whatever it wants at first. For example, "leaning" the mixture suddenly pushes the mixture to full rich (as shown by the little bars at the low-left corner of the screen), throttle at 0% seems to block any mixture settings, prop pitch sometimes influences the ability to set the mixture, too, and so on. This makes it quite hard to set the mixture to full rich for take-off - in fact, it's almost like throwing a dice for what the next key press will do... But, once in the air, the mixture settings work as they are supposed to do. :confused:

I presume this is a bug, but perhaps, I'm doing something wrong. Could it be that there are some restrictions in setting mixture, like being dependent on throttle/prop pitch/radiator settings? Is there a possibility that some subtle control settings are in conflict with each other? Any help would be appreciated :)

CoD is a really great simulation, but it certainly still has to mature, I think. And perhaps, so do I :-P

JG53Frankyboy
04-04-2011, 02:37 PM
the gamecontrollers (and thier 'bars') and the cockpit instrumentation are working opposite with the Hurricane, little but irritating :D

with gamecontroller just set the mix to "lean" , then the cockpitlever is on the "rich" mark ;)

Redroach
04-04-2011, 02:54 PM
hmm I hope I got that right... so you're saying the mixture is at full rich if the marker at the bar is at the bottom? Hmm oky, I'll check that out - thanks for now :)

effte
04-05-2011, 09:45 AM
Cutting the throttle moves the mixture to rich in the real aircraft, to avoid giving the engine too lean a mixture on low power settings. Have a look at the physical design of the controls and it will come clear.

Unfortunately the 3D throttle lever goes right through the mixture lever knob if you have mixture on an axis....

IvanK
04-05-2011, 10:33 AM
The second selectable in game Hurricane Throttle interconnect works ok, the first selectable Hurricane mechanisation is bugged.