PDA

View Full Version : whirlwinds of Vietnam

1.JaVA_Sharp
10-08-2007, 11:24 AM
you wouldn't happen to have any kind of release date for Europe would you?

Evgeny
10-08-2007, 02:16 PM
Well, now we can't tell you the european release date, but we will inform you about it as soon as possible.
Thank you for your question.

Vigilant
11-15-2007, 12:17 PM
Well I just read SimHQ's review - and I must say, I am dissapointed after reading their take on it, as it seems to lack a lot of essential items that haven't been overlooked in other similar heli sims. No LAN support? No Track IR? No mission builder? 10 missions? I'm scratching my head here asking, why?

A shame really. I know we can't have it all, but there are some things that you just have to have with a sim like this. Just some feedback.

IndioBlack
11-11-2008, 10:55 PM
Well SimHQ probably think FIRST EAGLES is great, despite the fact that until the first patch, it was barely an arcade game. But then massive God-like worship of TK ignores his failings, and gives unquestioning support, whilst he patches himself out of the excrement. The kind of support that the WHIRLWIND developers never got.
Without support, game authors are never going to believe it worthwhile to spend time on patching and updating. So a potentially superior Sim like WHIRLWIND never gets the chance to shine with updates like Multiplayer, LAN support and all the other bells and whistles that patches bring with them.
It is widescreen out of the box, which IL2 isn't.

For my money, WHIRLWIND is the most immersive Helicopter Sim out there.