PDA

View Full Version : One mission demo

trucknisse
10-08-2007, 10:55 AM
This is a poll for the release of a small one mission demo before christmas. They've had demos on the game shows, so this request is quite reasonable.

roebedoes
10-08-2007, 12:24 PM
of course we want a demo we want to see if it is worth to wait so longgggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggg g

roebedoes
10-08-2007, 01:48 PM
this is a usseles vote because there will be no demo i heard it form evengy

Bloodstar
10-08-2007, 02:10 PM
this is a usseles vote because there will be no demo i heard it form evengy

If they don't make demo - prior to release is best or not too long after release (I mean days) they will lose enormous sales.

I know guys who will buy the game after I show them demo.

But, you cannot just rely on word of mouth of finished game. Not all will take the game and show it around.

For instance I can sell few hudreds copies of this game. How? Well my buddy from school is owner of truck company, he have 3 trucks, some bought with cash and some on leasing. He is making more money than me! haha But he is good guy!

So, he knows hundreds of drivers because he is working for Coca Cola.
Coca Cola had to fire all drivers but helped them to buy first truck on 50% discount, gave them jobs and also helped them with spare parts etc and other benefitions.

With a demo he can show this game to many people. They all have PC's.

Also, of course demo is good not just for truck drivers but to all others.

So if they don't want to make the demo that is biggest counterproductive thing they can do.

Excuse they are making that you cannot make the demo is not true. You just need to invest TIME into making the demo.
It is strange that they are making the game 6 years and they cannot find time to make a demo.

Mario

Pete379x
10-08-2007, 06:01 PM
Why would guys want a demo? Its been long enough that everyone is waiting just finish the full game instead!

Freak Of Nature
10-08-2007, 06:38 PM
Why would guys want a demo? Its been long enough that everyone is waiting just finish the full game instead!
yeah right and what if it takes 1 more year ? I will be happy if they gave a demo

Bloodstar
10-08-2007, 06:43 PM

Every day some game is released. If you don't have a demo many gamers will skip it over.

Last game was released in 2002. that is few aeons in gaming business.

See you, me and some other blokes know that it will be great game but many don't know that.

Demo is strongest tool to attract sales as different web sites will give different score in their reviews. Check the web - some games get's 5.0 on Eurogamer, and 8.0 on Gamespot. See they are making game to make money as well and game already costed much.

I have no problem if they don't release demo because I for myself know that game will be superb based on King of the Road.

And what about competition, I have played one truck game from those Chezh company, that was a joke!!!

King of the Road have a real phisics, my friend is truck driver and he told me "look, this is like in real truck, when truck is climbing it slows down...".

Nobody is making better truck simulation than those guys at Novorosiysk!
Nobody on the whole planet!

Mario

Freak Of Nature
10-08-2007, 06:51 PM

Mario
True. :)

Evgeny
10-09-2007, 07:05 AM

Thank you, I'll report your words to them. But, in fact, they are in Novosibirsk, not Novorosiysk. :)

Bloodstar
10-09-2007, 09:00 AM

Thank you, I'll report your words to them. But, in fact, they are in Novosibirsk, not Novorosiysk. :)

Ups, sorry! Thanks, much appreciated! Demo thing is most important.
They already know that I praise them LOL

GargantulaKon
10-22-2007, 07:27 AM
According to the official Web site, it sounds like there is never going to be a demo!

Q: Will there be a working demo of the game?
A: No, the demo version will not be released.
I think that is a bad move. After watching the MTV Icon interview, they said that Hard Truck 2 got so much more popular after the demo was released in America. They even boast that it made a server, that can withstand earthquakes, hurricanes, etc., crash when people were downloading the demo. Odd, do not you think to not release a Rig'n'Roll demo? I know that I am going to get the game even without a demo, but it would nice for new people.

My little story about finding Rig'n'Roll. I was about to purchase 18 Wheels of Steel: Haulin'. I went to the SCS Software Web site to see more info about the game. They had a link to a truck game fan site and I found that Rig'n'Roll was from the original developers of Hard Truck 1 & 2. I loved Hard Truck 1 & 2, especially the exceptional physics so naturally I am really excited about this simulation! The suspension was so realistic. I love way the trucks rolled while turning and that the trailer reacted as well.

KENWORTH
11-02-2007, 01:47 AM
yeah i say we need a demo to see if it was worth the wait the videos ans pics are ggod lets see what the game is like

Bombakas
11-02-2007, 02:20 AM
Some companies will not release a demo because they are afraid that people will think that demo represents the full game and if the quality is bad then none buy that game.

Kitaroija
11-02-2007, 02:11 PM
Sure, I would like a sample, but any delay whatsoever to the releasing schedule in any form is strictly unwanted at the point.

rcm.1982
11-02-2007, 02:55 PM
come on..release a game demo..i wanna play something! dont make me wait in vain! come on come on! :roll:

GargantulaKon
11-02-2007, 08:44 PM
At least an update to the Web site as to the exact status would be nice. I loved Bugbear's blog that stated exactly what they were working on before FlatOut 2 was finished. This made me know that it would be released eventually.

travs2448
11-10-2007, 01:35 AM
if 1C wanted to be smart they would make a demo. of course after the game relese so we (as in the peeps who new about the game and plan to get it when it comes out[if it ever does come out])

GargantulaKon
11-10-2007, 04:15 AM
Welcome travs2448! I am really surprised at the amount of people interested in this type of game! I bet there are way more people who are into trucking simulations than whomever digs around the Internet and finds this forum.

KENWORTH
11-10-2007, 04:50 AM
theres some truck drivers into trucking sims

bakingcookies
11-10-2007, 05:58 AM
They better release a demo, because I ain't paying 50 bucks to find out if this game sucks.

trucknisse
11-10-2007, 02:01 PM
They already have 2 demos, so releasing one of them will not delay them a second.

Ron Falco
11-10-2007, 05:18 PM
I personally think that a demo would be the best thing for this game seeing as it has been delayed to the limit. If the people at the Irgomir expo can have a demo, why can't we? Saying that a fear that the demo will probably convince people that it will not be up to par is a lame excuse. An easy way to make a demo would be to just take a small 4-5 cities and box 'em off with "barriers" like you did in Convoy.

All we're asking is for you to release a playable demo, so that we can at least have something to look forward to. Please!

KENWORTH
11-10-2007, 06:48 PM
i need a link to download one of the demos or both

JOleg
11-10-2007, 07:02 PM
i need a link to download one of the demos or both
no kidding ? :mrgreen:

trucknisse
11-10-2007, 07:06 PM
lets keep the pressure up! :!:

Bombakas
11-10-2007, 10:48 PM
Yes of course, give me rign roll demo :) Voted yes 8)

KENWORTH
11-10-2007, 10:56 PM
i wanna play the demo i played all simulation truck games besides this 1

bigbubba467
11-11-2007, 01:54 AM
i wanna play the demo i played all simulation truck games besides this 1

as i said in a previous thread there is no demo that has been released to the public these demos was only shown to the public at the expo

KENWORTH
11-11-2007, 05:36 AM
ok man i wish i was there

trucknisse
11-11-2007, 11:13 AM
as i said in a previous thread there is no demo that has been released to the public these demos was only shown to the public at the expo

We know. We just wish it were otherwise, and to keep asking for it so that hopefully, they will release a demo.

digit
11-11-2007, 11:27 AM
The whole game is what we should be asking for :roll: The games not gonna get much better then it already is!

bigbubba467
11-11-2007, 04:07 PM

We know. We just wish it were otherwise, and to keep asking for it so that hopefully, they will release a demo.

That is true but right now i would rather get the whole game since it was 7 years in the making then a demo. We could of got a demo 2 years ago. But the only thing that would be really important is releasing the whole game.

bigbubba467
11-11-2007, 04:10 PM
The whole game is what we should be asking for :roll: The games not gonna get much better then it already is!
true because if they keep playing around they might cause more problems then good. If they add something need another 7 years of testing lol j/k but they should release it and fix all the minor bugs with a patch!

GargantulaKon
11-11-2007, 05:04 PM
I am surprised since I would think that they would get tired from doing it in real life, but then coming home and doing it virtually as well.

KENWORTH
11-11-2007, 06:01 PM
I am surprised since I would think that they would get tired from doing it in real life, but then coming home and doing it virtually as well.nah i can tell you trucking in real life is not boring not to me anyway sure its good to come home but at a time you will mis the open road

bakingcookies
11-12-2007, 11:48 PM
truck in real life is 10,000 times better. If you're in the passenger seat, it does get dull.

digit
11-13-2007, 08:44 AM
truck in real life is 10,000 times better. If you're in the passenger seat, it does get dull.

Yer i know what ya mean but if your talkin away its not so bad.

So hows that release looking instead of a demo :wink:

rcm.1982
11-20-2007, 02:20 PM
Come out with the DEMO already..im dieing over here ..and i'll get an attack if you dont come out with it soon..im already hospitalized at home for thinking too much about this game.. :wink: nah im just kidding..just trying to scare you guys to come out with the demo..please ur making me depressed! :cry:

nicknackpaddywack
12-06-2007, 05:03 PM
I dont like demos, so my vote is no, and the reason being i'd like the complete games tested and finalised, otherwise i may be dissapointed by the lack of testing.

either way what ever rig n roll turns out to be, its still going to be better than anything else anyone else has to offer? why is this such a big gap in the market for gaming?

KENWORTH
12-12-2007, 11:21 PM
i say yes cause its better to play a demo than wait for the game to come out we dont even know how long it may take some of us could die tomorrow and we will be curious about playing the demo and my second answer is the demo will show us how the game will be