PDA

View Full Version : Battle Failure

scissorss
04-03-2011, 06:17 AM
I've been playing through the RAF campaign and every mission debriefing is titled "BATTLE FAILURE" Even after successfully completing the mission objective and safely landing with my squadron. Anybody ever get anything other than a failure?

609_Huetz
04-03-2011, 08:04 AM
Same result here, finished the whole campaign yesterday and only had the Battle Failures as well.

1.JaVA_Sharp
04-03-2011, 10:12 AM
seen that as well.

RCAF
04-03-2011, 07:14 PM
Same thing for me. Even when the objective seems to be met, and the Squadron Leader is saying well done on the radio, I still get Battle Failure in the story screen afterwards.

Has anyone seen a successful mission screen?

NikToo
04-03-2011, 10:07 PM
Not yet... Only ever hanging in that chute and various people shouting in the mission log. Shot down six He-111s, failure (I have unlimited ammo, I'm a wimp...). Just shot down the FW-200 and still got "Failure". Are they tough or what?

EBass
04-04-2011, 09:43 AM
Yea same here.

M_B
04-04-2011, 10:10 AM
Yeah agreed - massacre a flight of stuka's, save the tankers, complete the mission and Picket gives me the evils because I chickened out lol.

BernieBrown
04-04-2011, 12:43 PM
yup same here.

but do you think it matters? i dont think so... its not dynamic is it ;)
so it wont matter if you loose the battle or not to finish the campaign!

what i really miss is a pilot career screen. where you see the current squadron, pilot's rank and medals (depending on your performance) displayed on a uniform etc.
then next door to the hangar to see you plane in 3D and inspect it after the mission with all the damage it took. then repairs available according to your rank, door to briefing room to get a overview of the map etc. there is soooo much improvement but its not the focus atm.

i dont think there will be a dynamic campaign with career by 1C soon. so im hopeing the mod.community will step in.

also looking forward to the "Rise of flight" new campaign. imo CoD should also go in that direction once the urgent stuff has been fixed...

b101uk
04-04-2011, 10:24 PM
same here :rolleyes:

scissorss
04-04-2011, 10:34 PM
yup same here.

but do you think it matters? i dont think so... its not dynamic is it ;)
so it wont matter if you loose the battle or not to finish the campaign!

what i really miss is a pilot career screen. where you see the current squadron, pilot's rank and medals (depending on your performance) displayed on a uniform etc.
then next door to the hangar to see you plane in 3D and inspect it after the mission with all the damage it took. then repairs available according to your rank, door to briefing room to get a overview of the map etc. there is soooo much improvement but its not the focus atm.

i dont think there will be a dynamic campaign with career by 1C soon. so im hopeing the mod.community will step in.

also looking forward to the "Rise of flight" new campaign. imo CoD should also go in that direction once the urgent stuff has been fixed...

Yeah, it's not a big deal to me, was just wondering if there was a "mission successful" screen with a different story associated. But yeah, I doubt it would have any effect on the campaign since you can always continue to the next, even if you end up as a bloody puddle in the previous mission.
:P

RCAF
04-05-2011, 12:35 AM
Actually I believe that it does change the outcome, I can't be sure though can I ;)

Without saying too much about the "story", there is a point where you offer a lady a flight in your Spitfire. I can only assume that this can happen at some point in the story, as it would explain the inclusion of the "Heartbreaker" Spitfire model (in which you have a woman on your lap while flying) in the Quick Mission selection. However, if you have Battle Failure after a certain mission, you end up standing her up. I can only assume that if you were able to be successful that would be different.

It makes me wonder how many other outcomes might have changed a bit if we were able to succeed.

TwistedAdonis
04-08-2011, 05:45 AM
I for one have shelved the game because of this. Immersion is totally destroyed for me and I'm just irritated at the end of every mission. Anyone know if 1C are aware of this bug?