PDA

View Full Version : Gold Version!

Evgeny
10-08-2007, 09:05 AM
The Gold Version of the game is going to be released soon!

Kolorabi
10-08-2007, 07:11 PM
Can you give us any details about this gold version?

Space Rangers 2 is one of the best games I've ever played. :)

Evgeny
10-09-2007, 06:48 AM
Future. The year 3300. Our galaxy is invaded by dominators, the combat robots that lost control under influence of Klissan technologies. A coalition of five allied races: Maloqs, Pelengs, Humans, Faeyans and Gaalians stakes on space rangers called up to root out dominators.

The player becomes a ranger, selects a race, and gets a space ship and necessary equipment. Since that moment he finds himself in a real world of rangers which does not exist in any other computer game where he can engage in all possible types of activities: fight in the space or the hyperspace, buy and sell goods, accomplish government tasks, liberate planets from dominators in 3D battles and, of course, play text quests each of them being a separate game.

It is impossible to foresee the development of events. The game may finish with a victory of either side or last endlessly. Everything depends on actions of the player and dwellers of this live and developing world where you can live a life of a wicked pirate as well as that of a glorious hero able to make out the origins of dominators’ onset and put an end to this bloody war.

New features:

- 20 new text quests!
- 27 new maps for planetary battles!
- New government tasks.
- New equipment and unique hull designs, including three super spaceships.
- New game modes: step-by-step progress through text quests and planetary battles.
- Expanded interface of ship’s hold and information center.

Bonuses:

- Exclusive materials on game development including fantastic first demo-versions of rangers and planetary battles!
- A huge collection of artwork, wallpapers and mini-games from fans of ‘Space Rangers’ series.
- A reference-book with description of all resources of the game composed by fans of the series.
- The disk also contains: “Space Rangers”, “Space Rangers 2: Dominators” and all previously issued patches.

Kolorabi
10-09-2007, 10:10 AM
This sounds absolutely terrific! For those who have only seen screenshots of Space Rangers 2, it might be difficult to believe, but Space Rangers 2 is one of the most immersive games I've ever played. The weeks I spent playing the game, I _was_ a space ranger. The game was constantly on my mind, even when I wasn't playing. A true classic.

Will Nobilis publish this in Europe or will you handle it yourselves? Any date to look forward to? :)

Evgeny
10-09-2007, 10:32 AM
Well, it's projected to release it in this year, but we can't tell you the exact date yet. We will inform you about it as soon as possible. If you have any more questions, I'll be happy to answer them.

rakeltner
12-22-2007, 09:45 PM
Any word on the Gold version? I did some digging and could not find any release information yet.

Evgeny
12-24-2007, 06:10 AM
The release is planned for Q1 2008.

rakeltner
12-24-2007, 02:28 PM
Thanks for the info Evgeny.
I played the demo and really liked it. I'll definitely pick up the Gold version when it makes it to the US. (If I can wait that long)

FoxRiverBob
12-30-2007, 03:47 AM
Is the Gold version of SR2 that you're talking about, the same as the SR2 ver 2.0 that was recently released in Russian by Katauri Interactive? If it is, then I can't wait! The Russian players love it!

Dan
01-02-2008, 07:19 PM
I have version 1.3 of the game - will there be a patch released to update to this "Gold version"?

Thanks for any reply.

Trappin
01-08-2008, 10:19 PM
Hello and thanks for offering SR2: Gold.

Will the US retail packaging be sold in stores or only available through internet sales providers?

Will SR2: Gold have Copy Protection? Securom like STALKER has is ok.. no Star Force copy protection correct?

What will the US retail price be?

Will SR2:Gold V2.0 have a Star Force removal tool when upgrading from V1.3 US retail edition? Download price?

The bonus material sounds excellent.

Thanks

Flash
01-09-2008, 09:22 PM
I have version 1.3 of the game - will there be a patch released to update to this "Gold version"?

Thanks for any reply.
Russian users are unable do it.

Will SR2: Gold have Copy Protection? Securom like STALKER has is ok.. no Star Force copy protection correct?

Russian version haven't got any protection for this time.

Evgeny
01-10-2008, 05:59 AM
Hello and thanks for offering SR2: Gold.

Will the US retail packaging be sold in stores or only available through internet sales providers?

What will the US retail price be?

Will SR2:Gold V2.0 have a Star Force removal tool when upgrading from V1.3 US retail edition? Download price?

The bonus material sounds excellent.

Thanks

1. Both ways.
2. We don't plan to use the copy protection in the US version.
3.,4. Can't tell anything now, i'll inform you on it very soon .

Midi_Amp
01-13-2008, 02:17 PM
Nice to hear the Space Rangers 2 is getting an update :grin:

I just bought this game for a measely US$5 off a bargain bin... I was kind of shocked by how priceless this game is. US$5 well spent, I'll be waiting for the Gold version for sure!

FoxRiverBob
02-07-2008, 03:14 AM
Hello Evgeny,

I am one of the two current moderators for the English side of the Elemental Games Forum. Several of us at the EG Forum have been talking among ourselves and would like to offer our services for the final edit of the English translation of SR2 ver 2.0. We would love to Beta test it as well.

Anything we can do to enhance or speed the release of SR2 Gold, please let us know. For fastest response, please email me or leave a message on the EG Forum at Elemental Games Forum (http://www.elementalgames.com/forum/index.php?lang=eng) :cool:

For those of you who enjoy Space Rangers, please join us at the forum. We have good participation and pretty fast, expert response on gameplay questions. :cool:

Trappin
02-07-2008, 09:14 PM
Yep. There are quite a few of us willing to help with the translation process. Maybe some of us can help with the rough draft and then hand off the work for people to proof and finish.

SpaceCow
02-08-2008, 10:56 AM
Great news!

Im definitly gettin the gold version, no starforce = good.
The only thing that would make me happyer now would be 1c making SR3 (please?)

Cyas later

Redskull
02-14-2008, 03:09 PM
This realy is good new SpaceCow

SpaceCow
02-18-2008, 03:49 PM
Can you give an exact date yet ?
SR2 addon i mean.

Redskull
02-19-2008, 02:53 PM
Yes please:-) I'm patientless now!

Trappin
02-20-2008, 03:42 AM
Yes ! SR2:Gold please.. my loins ache with desire !

Redskull
02-20-2008, 02:41 PM
Your lions my dinosuars and dragons are going nuts...Ahhhhh get away.
Anyway can I please be sent an e-mail to when its finished please?:-)

FoxRiverBob
02-24-2008, 04:40 AM
Well gang,

It has been a month and a half since we have heard from Mr Evgeny, the moderator of this forum. One can only wonder now how much attention 1C is paying to the Gold version of Space Rangers 2.

Hey 1C, you have an anxious audience out here, waiting for the release of the English version of SR2 ver 2.0.

In the meantime, why don't you 1C forum readers head over to the Elemental Games forum and join a lively crowd there in the Space Rangers forum. Elemental Games is the developer of Space Rangers.

The web site is www.elementalgames.com .

Trappin
02-24-2008, 07:54 PM
It has been a month and a half since we have heard from Mr Evgeny.

Let me translate this into California surfer speak. Evengy, Bob's lions ache with desire ! and apparently Redskull is pantless.

My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives ! ... and loins.

Redskull
03-03-2008, 03:39 AM
Well gang,

It has been a month and a half since we have heard from Mr Evgeny, the moderator of this forum.

Huh!... Oh yea true I wonder if he's ill or if he's very busy or maby......na that can't be it! But Bob what do you think of killing some Dominators,He!
I know you want to!:cool:

Redskull
03-05-2008, 02:40 PM
Let me translate this into California surfer speak. Evengy, Bob's lions ache with desire ! and apparently Redskull is pantless.

My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives ! ... and loins.

Ok...Thanks for translation just........ don't use my name in California surfer speak please...it sounds disturbing.

Evengy,where are you!!!!!!!!!:-x

Evgeny
03-06-2008, 09:09 AM
I'm here, guys. :) Here are some screens from the game.

bman654
03-07-2008, 12:14 AM
OMG what are those big giant mechs on the right in the red picture? I don't remember those from when I played SR2 last.

Nice new terrains for the mech combat!

Can you post any new pics from the main game? Like the new search screen or something?

Evgeny
03-07-2008, 05:17 AM
Some more screens:

ROLU
03-07-2008, 05:53 AM
GOD bless the Administrator !!! :grin:

sluggo
03-07-2008, 03:00 PM
Posted to further convey the urgency of releasing this!:!:

sMull
03-08-2008, 12:04 AM
Really excited about this :cool: Any info on pricing?

Trappin
03-08-2008, 02:09 PM
http://tgnforums.stardock.com/post.aspx?postid=166828

Hingerson
03-10-2008, 07:51 PM
Cant wait!

Zakhal
03-11-2008, 12:09 PM
Really excited about this :cool: Any info on pricing?

Id like to know that too. I just bought SR2 two weeks ago (cant return it anymore) for 35€. Im not very keen on paying the full price again for a small addon/enhanced edition.

bman654
03-11-2008, 05:24 PM
WOW! that was a hefty price. You can download it for $19.99 (don't know the euro price) at gamersgate.com and also I think at totalgaming.net

Kolorabi
03-11-2008, 09:49 PM
I hope a retail (boxed) release is still planned for the English-speaking territories. :)

bman654
03-20-2008, 02:20 AM
So over at totalgaming.net (stardock) they have said the gold edition won't be out for "months". Is this just for the US release? Or is the 1c version also delayed?

Evgeny
03-21-2008, 11:56 AM
So over at totalgaming.net (stardock) they have said the gold edition won't be out for "months". Is this just for the US release? Or is the 1c version also delayed?

Well, they are targeting for April.

Frug
03-25-2008, 05:45 PM
Pretty sweet. Will definitely buy an updated version of SR2, especially if it does away with cd protection.

Just curious, but do you know if it's got any new music tracks with it?

Redskull
03-28-2008, 08:11 AM
I'm here, guys. :) Here are some screens from the game.

Awsome The water is so realistic... pinch me someone...I must be dreaming!

parachute
04-09-2008, 10:21 AM
Any news about (non-russian) 2.0?

Shivaran
04-09-2008, 03:03 PM
So, April is here...

Me want play! Ugah!

myrmidon
04-18-2008, 10:40 PM
Happy to see progress and screenshots!

SR2 is on my "desert island game list"...absolutely indispensable. I'm really JAZZED about this SR2 expansion effort. Huzzah!

go ahead and continue on and make SR3...i'll buy it in a heartbeat.

SR4...
SR5...

Caslav
04-20-2008, 03:44 AM
i bought SR2 and i want to know:

-if there are patches/updates, where can i download them?
-will it be possible to upgrade it to gold version?
-is it going to cost separately and if - how much?
-gold version is out... when?

thanx, awaiting answers and new Rangers impatiently;)

chickens

parachute
04-25-2008, 07:48 AM
there will be no gold version. 1c doesnt have the money to pay the translators.

Kolorabi
05-04-2008, 05:22 PM
Could someone from 1C confirm or deny this? And give us an update?

Trappin
05-06-2008, 04:41 AM
For those of you wondering about the quality of customer service one should expect from 1C :!:

In Space - No One Can Hear You Scream. :-P

Shega
05-06-2008, 07:39 AM
Sorry for some misunderstanging, actually that will be not the gold version but the edition of Space Rangers 2 consisting of new game missions. The title wiil be Space Rangers 2: Reboot, and the game will be published in the USA by eGames this June in retail and online shops.
There will be two different versions -- Space Rangers 2: Reboot standalone, and the version including both Space Rangers 2 and these new missions.

ROLU
05-06-2008, 11:40 AM
But what about the rest of "new features" like:

- new equipment and unique hull designs, three super spaceships.
- new game modes: step-by-step progress through text quests and planetary battles.
- expanded interface of ship’s hold and information center.
ETC.

???

Shega
05-06-2008, 12:32 PM
Yes, new equipment, game modes, maps and much more!

starlord
05-06-2008, 06:41 PM
To it's a stand alone add-on? Consider it bought as soon as it its the market.

Hunter Gamma
05-07-2008, 04:53 AM
Hey ya! Another member from EG forums here.

So, I wanted to ask about european release. I myself life in Finland and got the original SR2 easily enough from retail when it was released.
So the question is: Is the SR2:reboot (standalone or pack) coming in europe and when? And in what forms (download, retail)
Shega, you talking about USA release made me worried if reboot is coming to EU at all. Yes, I may sound hysteric, but I've waited this expansion for around a year now. Though, I've seen 1C games regularly appear here in Fin., so I just may be paranoid. :roll:

Kolorabi
05-07-2008, 12:31 PM
Thank you for clearing things up, Shega, it sounds very good indeed. Like Hunter Gamma here, I am also very keen to hear if we will get a western-european release?

Ranbir
05-07-2008, 03:22 PM
Yes, please...waited so long and was a bit sad after the expected April release did not surface.

Shega
05-08-2008, 07:14 AM
The game will be also available from our Buy and Download section (http://www.1cpublishing.eu/buy-download), so there's no need to panic : )

Hunter Gamma
05-08-2008, 07:22 AM
The game will be also available from our Buy and Download section (http://www.1cpublishing.eu/buy-download), so there's no need to panic : )

Thank you good sire for this information. My waiting just got a little less stressful.

Barleyman
05-08-2008, 07:26 AM
Yes, new equipment, game modes, maps and much more!

Is the "reboot" actually version 2.0 or is the english version still going to be 1.3 :confused:

FoxRiverBob
05-08-2008, 12:12 PM

Thanks Shega. Nice to see a moderator in here every month or so :)

pleasereleaserebootinjune
05-29-2008, 05:34 PM
Three days till June. *Prays*

Redskull
05-30-2008, 11:41 AM
Three days till June. *Prays*

now its 1

Ranbir
06-08-2008, 09:34 AM
Any day now, I guess... :)

Ranbir
06-17-2008, 04:18 PM
Well, it's available from Stardock's new Impulse platform, atm.

EDIT: Warning. Only for US customers. I tried to pay for it and it said I wasn't allowed to access it, I am from UK.

I guess 1C will distribute for Europe...just have to wait on them.

Alligator02
06-17-2008, 04:53 PM
Will that work with stardock's version?

Ranbir
06-17-2008, 05:50 PM
Yes, since the original installation of SR2 was seperate from the SDC client.

I just don't think you'll be able to launch the game through Impulse, which is a non-issue since it isn't a requirement in the first place.

Of course, I have no idea how the digital distribution works here at 1C.

It is a bit sad the 1C release isn't around yet, was hoping they'd beat Stardock to the punch.

Edit: Only one problem I can see happening is if 1C don't sell the expansion pack seperate for those that already own SR2. Other than that...

bman654
06-17-2008, 06:46 PM
FYI, Stardock is selling it (as of today) as an expansion:
https://store.stardock.com/product.aspx?productid=ESD-TGN-W286

Edit: nevermind I see you know. Any idea how the installer works? I have a CD version of SR2. Will the Stardock version of the expansion work with that?

Ranbir
06-17-2008, 10:57 PM
You'll have to ask Stardock support.

Try Sales@Stardock.com, if you've already bought it.

I think there is some discussion about registering your CD version to Stardock.

Kolorabi
06-18-2008, 08:40 PM
Any word on when this is made available for people in Western Europe?

Ranbir
06-19-2008, 08:41 PM
1C said June, it is still June so all I can say is, any day now.

Ranbir
06-21-2008, 09:32 AM
By the way, if you have a US friend that uses Impulse s/he can gift you the expansion. It is what I did and am now enjoying the game.

megakill
06-23-2008, 10:54 AM
We will be offering SR2 in our buy and download section quite soon (probably ~ 2-3 weeks).

mr_zen256
07-17-2008, 07:16 PM
I see Space Rangers 2 is now in the download section. It says it is Space Rangers 2: Dominators. When is Reboot going to be available? I live in New Zealand, is there anywhere else I can buy and download Space Rangers 2: Reboot?

Nike-it
07-18-2008, 07:58 AM
I see Space Rangers 2 is now in the download section. It says it is Space Rangers 2: Dominators. When is Reboot going to be available? I live in New Zealand, is there anywhere else I can buy and download Space Rangers 2: Reboot?

Soon Space Rangers 2: Reboot will be available for all countries. The exact date will be given a little bit later.

ROLU
08-01-2008, 05:48 AM
this "little bit" is getting bigger and bigger... :(

Kolorabi
08-07-2008, 02:36 PM
The Gold Version of the game is going to be released soon!

Indeed...

I understand it when games are delayed because of bugs, or because they're simply not done yet.

But in this case, the game is finished, it has been released in many parts of the world, and 1C even have a full online store themselves, which they can sell it through.

So what is happening here?

Humppa-Juiti
08-08-2008, 05:41 AM
Indeed...

I understand it when games are delayed because of bugs, or because they're simply not done yet.

But in this case, the game is finished, it has been released in many parts of the world, and 1C even have a full online store themselves, which they can sell it through.

So what is happening here?
Ummm! Actually the word is that the game is a little bugged. New features not working properly etc.
I don't know if the publishers are working to create a patch. I'd like to know if that's the case.There is a workaround which many players seem to be happy with though.

Also I really would like to know if 1C plans to release a boxed version of the "Reboot".

bman654
08-08-2008, 03:03 PM
more likely the hold-up is legal stuff. I know Stardock is interested in acquiring digital distribution rights outside of America. Perhaps they are still trying to work out a deal.

Nike-it
08-11-2008, 06:22 AM
We are preparing Space Rangers 2: Reboot for digital download from our site. In a couple of days I'll post the exact date.

mr_zen256
08-19-2008, 04:54 AM
We are preparing Space Rangers 2: Reboot for digital download from our site. In a couple of days I'll post the exact date.

Last time I checked, a couple means two.. tee hee ;)

eeneku
08-26-2008, 02:33 PM
I'm waiting.. Give us the date.

haowan
08-28-2008, 07:33 AM
Also waiting! Been watching the thread for a month or longer. Really looking forward to this. Let me buy it from 1C and not Stardock :)

mr_zen256
08-31-2008, 03:12 AM
Any chance of letting is know the reason for the delay Nick? Sorry for harrassing ya, I'm just a fan anxiously awaiting the release :-P

Nike-it
09-01-2008, 06:20 AM
Any chance of letting is know the reason for the delay Nick? Sorry for harrassing ya, I'm just a fan anxiously awaiting the release :-P

It should be available this week.

mr_zen256
09-02-2008, 03:02 AM
That's awesome news Nike! Can't wait :cool:

PS - My apologies for calling u Nick. Me good read not. :-P

uly
09-05-2008, 04:39 AM
Okay, who's willing to bet that it will actually be available this week? Me, I'd wouldn't put my money on it.

ROLU
09-05-2008, 10:40 AM
Nike-it posted that "it should be" but not that "it will be" ;)

uly
09-08-2008, 12:17 PM
Nike-it posted that "it should be" but not that "it will be" ;)
Yeah, the same "should" as in "we should not keep feeding the fans inaccurate information, but what the hell".

haowan
09-08-2008, 01:05 PM
Yeah, the same "should" as in "we should not keep feeding the fans inaccurate information, but what the hell".

Come now, this kind of attitude will not achieve anything.

uly
09-09-2008, 01:08 AM
Come now, this kind of attitude will not achieve anything.
Very true. But then I can't see that it would hurt anything, either. In fact, it's been amply shown that nothing we say or do matters, anyway.

May I remind you that the game is done and already been distributed by Stardock in the US and that 1C already has an established digital distribution, so there cannot be any major technical problem left. SR2:Reboot is not a new franchise, and the SR series is already published by 1C, so there's absolutely nothing new in this deal legally, either. From the posts here, we also know that the 1C deal has been decided at least a month ago, likely much longer. There should have been plenty of time to resolve any outstanding issue, yet the product is still nowhere in sight.

Either they are utterly incompetant or they are just being incredibly cavalier about this. Maybe they're holding out for some kind of holiday sales (no idea which though), but just decided to string the loyal fans along. If that turns out to be the case, I will never buy anything from 1C again.

If something did went wrong, they need simply to apologize and ask us to wait longer. Repeatedly giving and failing vague promises only annoys the customers more.

haowan
09-09-2008, 10:06 PM
Well, I'm frustrated too. Maybe we can get some concrete answers soon.

In the meantime, I've been playing Transcendence (http://www.neurohack.com/transcendence/index.html). It's a real-time space shooter with the same perspective as Space Rangers / EV Nova. It's really quite good once you get over the fact that you can't change ships and it's a linear game - it's very much like a Roguelike game in many respects actually. Give it a go! I am completely addicted :D

uly
09-10-2008, 06:49 AM
EV is certainly one of the best game in the genre, it'd be perfect if only it has a better interface and better PC/Win compatibility. One problem I have with it personally though, is that I prefer small and fast ships in general, but in EV the fast ships are so fast that it becomes impossible to control.

But I digress. Somehow I'm not surprised that you've played EV Nova, too... haowan indeed! (hao3 wan2, right?)

But me, I'm more into the RPG aspect of these games. I'll give Transcendence a go anyway, though. Thanks for the pointer.

haowan
09-10-2008, 01:09 PM
Somehow I'm not surprised that you've played EV Nova, too... haowan indeed! (hao3 wan2, right?)
Right, but any link between that and EV is mere coincidence; I've only played a demo for a short time. I quite liked what I played and might consider buying at some point. I guess I'll play the demo again some time.

But me, I'm more into the RPG aspect of these games. I'll give Transcendence a go anyway, though. Thanks for the pointer.
There are some RPG elements in that you can decide for yourself if you want to take a fairly peaceful religious route or free slaves and help out colonies in danger etc. But mostly it's blasting stuff, selling loot and upgrading your stuff :)

mr_zen256
09-14-2008, 08:16 PM

Wow, two weeks have passed since you said that and still no sign of Reboot.

Seriously, what's the delay?

ROLU
09-15-2008, 09:34 AM
I think that 'it should be available this month' ;)

eeneku
09-15-2008, 02:26 PM
Wow, two weeks have passed since you said that and still no sign of Reboot.

Seriously, what's the delay?

http://www.1cpublishing.eu/game/space-rangers-2-reboot/overview

According to this the release date is in October.

mr_zen256
09-15-2008, 08:11 PM
http://www.1cpublishing.eu/game/space-rangers-2-reboot/overview

According to this the release date is in October.

Interesting. Has that always said October? I cant recall..

Well, I'm not gonna hold my breath for it being released this month or next month for that matter!

Original release was planned for Q1 2008

Then the release date was said to be in June.

Then they said (In June) "We will be offering SR2 in our buy and download section quite soon (probably ~ 2-3 weeks)".

Then in August they said "In a couple of days I'll post the exact date."

Then on Sept 1st "It should be available this week."

Now the site is saying October!

This is getting ridiculous.

ROLU
09-16-2008, 06:12 AM
as for that you are 105% right ;(

eeneku
09-16-2008, 02:31 PM
Interesting. Has that always said October? I cant recall..
Then on Sept 1st "It should be available this week."

No, they updated it recently. A week ago maybe.

uly
09-18-2008, 01:22 AM
If I remember correctly, it said Q3 2008 until very recently.

But it can say whatever date they want. There's nothing to stop them from delaying again later. I'll believe it when it's actually released.

Divebomb
09-18-2008, 11:09 AM
Get this sucker up on gamersgate. Do it NOW

SobeR
09-22-2008, 01:28 PM
Will there be support for higher resolutions and widescreen monitors?

phoenixreborn
09-24-2008, 06:57 PM
I'm confused. I don't know anything about Space Rangers...

what is this?

http://www.gogamer.com/Space-Rangers-2-DVD-Edition-Front-Page_stcVVproductId4761207VVcatId444710VVviewprod. htm

Seems to be Space Rangers 1 and 2. What's different in the (unreleased) Gold edition?

bman654
09-25-2008, 03:42 PM
Here's (http://www.elementalgames.com/forum/msg.php?lang=eng&forum=rangers&theme=571&page=auto) a good list of all the changes between SR2 and SR2 Reboot. Think of SR2 Reboot as an expansion pack to SR2.

ROLU
09-29-2008, 03:42 PM
Hey! Rangers! good news (probably) :rolleyes:

On the main 1C site the date of release is now: 17th October 2008

I hope this is the final date this time ;)

phoenixreborn
10-01-2008, 02:10 AM
I don't think that is the correct link.

Anyway based on how good king's bounty is I think I'll get SR 2 reboot when it comes out.

ROLU
10-01-2008, 06:40 AM
That link is ok, but ElementalGames forum site is down at the moment (again)

And do not try to compare SR2r with King's Bounty because they are totally different games ( SR2r is perfect, KB is not :grin: )

Kolorabi
10-02-2008, 08:09 PM
They are both insanely good games. I'm not sure which is better. SR2 owned me for weeks, and now KB is doing the same. Hopefully I'll have finished it in time for the release of Reboot.

Redskull
10-03-2008, 07:37 AM
Hi people sorry if this is off topic but does anyone know about elementalgames.com? If you do could you please tell me if the name didn't change:(

ROLU
10-03-2008, 09:33 AM
http://www.elementalgames.ru/

http://www.elementalgames.ru/forum/index.php?lang=eng

Probably some trouble with the domain provider (payment delay etc.)

megakill
10-03-2008, 10:36 AM
Meanwhile, be my guest and play Kings Bounty from the same team. :-)

ROLU
10-03-2008, 11:25 AM
@Kolorabi

SR1 and SR2 owned me for years, and I think that SR2 Reboot will be much better than sex with Angelina Jolie ! :D :D

!!! OFF TOPIC !!!

@megakill

It looks great, but it is too similar to the Heroes of Might and Magic (for me...)

If you like it so much you should look at the "AGE OF WONDERS: SHADOW MAGIC"
(the same type game, but perfect :D )

megakill
10-03-2008, 11:37 AM
Well it is much more an RPG game than anything else. HOMM is completely different, the only component that is similar - battles. But battles are so much more tactical.

ROLU
10-03-2008, 12:52 PM
well... you are right and I surely give it a serious try after playing SR2:Reboot (at least 1 year :D )

but if SR3 will be released in the meantime... ;)

Kolorabi
10-03-2008, 01:01 PM
I think that SR2 Reboot will be much better than sex with Angelina Jolie ! :D :D

Well, I haven't tried either yet, but both are pretty high up on my "things to do before I die/marry"-list. :)

astyanax
10-06-2008, 02:56 PM
http://www.elementalgames.ru/

http://www.elementalgames.ru/forum/index.php?lang=eng

Probably some trouble with the domain provider (payment delay etc.)

When those links fail to work, you can get to those forums from http://217.112.36.11/forum/index.php?lang=eng

ROLU
10-10-2008, 08:15 AM
only one week to go people :)
it's time to say goodbye to our beloved, our family and friends... ;(
after next monday they will never see us again... ;(

BECAUSE OF SPACE RANGERS 2: REEBOT !!!!!!!! :D :D :D

Netriak
10-10-2008, 09:37 PM
Reboot is now available worldwide from Stardock's impulse.
http://forums.impulsedriven.com/326194

mr_zen256
10-19-2008, 01:28 AM
Well, the 17th has been and gone. Still no sign of SR2: Reboot being available on the buy and download section of the 1c website.

Why am I not surprised? :-P

ROLU
10-20-2008, 06:26 AM
Yeah, right, another big disappointment, this has gone too far...
I will not be surprised if Stardock take away majority of potential clients from 1C now.
People do not like to wait forever !!!

mr_zen256
10-20-2008, 10:42 PM
Yeah, right, another big disappointment, this has gone too far...
I will not be surprised if Stardock take away majority of potential clients from 1C now.
People do not like to wait forever !!!

lol this kinda reminds me of Duke Nukem Forever.

I'm not sure who is in charge of managing releases for 1c but they should be ashamed :-P

eeneku
10-30-2008, 05:18 PM
Seems to be out now, but I still can't buy it. What the hell is taking so long?

mr_zen256
10-30-2008, 06:00 PM
Seems to be out now, but I still can't buy it. What the hell is taking so long?

I wish I knew! The lack of communication from 1c is quite disheartening. I would like to buy Space Rangers 2: Reboot as a complete package, not the original game then the add-on expansion.

Are they actually planning on releasing it as a complete package or just as an expansion?

I see you can buy Space Rangers 2: Complete (SR2 + Reboot), from Stardock or Reboot by itself. Is Reboot going to be streamlined into SR2 so you can download it as a standalone?

KillerAnt
12-01-2008, 07:26 PM
I wan´t to know the answer tho that very question also. I wan´t to buy it all in a bundle. Any ETA on that?

mr_zen256
12-01-2008, 08:54 PM
I wan´t to know the answer tho that very question also. I wan´t to buy it all in a bundle. Any ETA on that?

Hey Killer. 1c took way too long so I ended up just buying Space Rangers 2: Complete through Impulse (aka stardock).

You dont need to install Rise of the Dominators and Reboot separately, it is already combined in the download of 1.3GB.

You can download impulse from here (http://www.impulsedriven.com/) then just use that program to browse their virtual store and find Space Rangers 2: Complete.

PS - You don't need to run Impulse when you want to play SR2.

uk_john
07-19-2010, 12:00 AM
I got reboot and have found bugs. The little picture of the Robot you are controlling in the land battles has corrupted graphics, and if you pick up minerals in space, and then go to anywhere to sell them, they come up at 12cr rather than 0cr.

I expect I will find more, but that's it after 1 hour of play. So let's hope a patch is being developed, although there is nowhere I can find tech Support for the game!