PDA

View Full Version : CEM on screen

furbs
04-02-2011, 10:57 PM
the little lines that show throttle and mixture... anyway to remove them from the screen?...really getting in the way of screenshots.

SEE
04-03-2011, 02:13 AM
I preferred the IL text fading in and out rather than those sliders. Would be better if they could be toggled 'on' or 'off'.

Kozi
04-03-2011, 10:44 AM
afaik they are in a standard info window.

Just alt click on them to make the window active and delete it or set it to your liking.

Saintblu
04-06-2011, 10:47 PM
You can also replace the sliders with numbers... like il2 46 by modifying the info windows

Feathered_IV
04-07-2011, 02:23 PM
Silly me. I experimented by switching them off now don't know how to get em back. Been scratching my head for the last couple of nights. Can anyone help, or recommend a good hat? :confused:

JG53Frankyboy
04-07-2011, 02:26 PM
create a new info window and edit it to your desire.

JG52Uther
04-07-2011, 04:23 PM
Prefered the old il2 system myself.Same goes for the old QMB. Change doesn't always mean better.

Sully_pa
04-07-2011, 05:34 PM
Prefered the old il2 system myself.Same goes for the old QMB. Change doesn't always mean better.

I hear you , some things about IL2 1946 were perfect as they were. Why they changed some of it is puzzling to say the least.

Mabroc
04-07-2011, 06:28 PM
The previous system was good, simple and effective. I liked it a lot. The new one is confusing, complicated, but probably much more effective in the long run. So, I hate it now, but probably will love it after tweaking it to my personal taste.

I guess the problem is not the new GUI system, is the way they choose a radical new DEFAULT setting without putting in the in-game OPTIONS control panel a switch with several GUI styles, like:

"1_Default NEW Style GUI"
"2_Default OLD Style GUI"
"3_Mixed New-Old Style GUI"
"4_etc...."

and a CREATE NEW CUSTOM GUI option, to create several combination of info windows and make a new template without really being flying the plane, just the black screen showing 2 or 3 default windows, so you can resize, move, create or delete others to your heart content. Save it with whatever name you like and seeing it added to the previous menu. So before you take off you can choose what template to use, maybe even make one different for every aircraft or one for bombers, other for single engine fighters.

But they dont even explain with detail about the INFO WINDOWS on the manual, so you are lost in a strange new in-flight GUI

That would be a great feature I think.

335th_GRAthos
04-08-2011, 04:29 PM
You can also replace the sliders with numbers... like il2 46 by modifying the info windows

Oh! :-)

Can you please post how to do that?
Throttle I know.
but how about speed, altimeter and compass???? (like IL2 46...)

~S~

Fusek
04-08-2011, 05:59 PM
I have the same problem as Feathered. I too closed all windows, and now I'm not able to bring them back. It seems you have to have at least one window open to be able to open the menu. Or it is a wrong keybinding on my part.

And as far as I know, there is no way to get heading, altitude and speed on the screen, only engine management.

JG52Krupi
04-09-2011, 01:56 PM
I finally managed to bring my info back.

New info window and then add all the vehicle data, system, crew, damage etc.

Then you need to click on window in the items list and set everything you want to invisible and inactive alpha BG to 0, to make the background transparant :D

Also to get the digital data on engine info. alt left click the box, right click customize engine info. A new window will open up, select engine info from the items column and then change the layout from analog to digital and font size color can be changed as well.

UPDATE:

Pretty obvious but nice to know.

History = how many events are shown at once.

Timeout = Time before info disappears, i have it at 20 seconds for my windows :D

Fusek
04-09-2011, 06:31 PM
Can you tell me how to get a new window? Right clicking doesnt work for me, neither does alt-right click.

JG52Krupi
04-09-2011, 06:48 PM
Do you have the mouse cursor showing?