PDA

View Full Version : Hey 1C

Bloodstar
10-07-2007, 10:14 PM
The guys are right, if you cannot manage to release full game, give us at least one mission demo before Christmas.

Later you can do another demo just before game is released.

If you don't do that somebody of us will drive to the Moscow via Smolensk (still appaling roads as I've heard) and drive biggest truck straight in your office.
:twisted:

So don't play games with us hehe.

trucknisse
10-07-2007, 10:25 PM
amen to that

Divebomb
10-08-2007, 10:43 AM
Hehehe. These guys are serious.

obsolum
10-08-2007, 10:47 AM
http://www.easysmileys.com/img/dancinglock.gif

Evgeny
10-08-2007, 10:51 AM
The guys are right, if you cannot manage to release full game, give us at least one mission demo before Christmas.

If you don't do that somebody of us will drive to the Moscow via Smolensk (still appaling roads as I've heard) and drive biggest truck straight in your office.

Well, our office is surrounded with a massive wall and a graff and situated on the top of rock, :) :wink: but if you come here we'll be glad to meet you and have a cup of tea with you talking on the game. Don't take offence, we're working hard and doing everything we can to bring the game closer to the release. :)

roebedoes
10-08-2007, 11:22 AM
what do you say you guys do your best i am sorry but i think rig'n roll has the record for the most releasedates and that is not positive

Evgeny
10-08-2007, 11:27 AM
Well, the development of the game of such caliber needs a lot of time. Believe me, we're realy doing our best.

roebedoes
10-08-2007, 11:43 AM
of course you quys do your best otherwise you were not developing a game but evengy could you please say of the games come out in 2007 or in 2008 that is a think the most important thing the rig'n roll fans want to know

Evgeny
10-08-2007, 11:46 AM
The game will be released in 2008. We can't give you the exact date yet, but, certainly, we will inform you about it as soon as possible.

roebedoes
10-08-2007, 11:53 AM
oke thanks for the answer and good luck with developing

Evgeny
10-08-2007, 11:54 AM
Thanks, happy to work for you.

megakill
10-08-2007, 11:56 AM

Sorry, this would be impossible. The whole ingame world is a continious space - we can't just cut 1 level. This game has no levels - it is a constantly living world that goes around the player... Hundreds of other characters, truckers,police, etc, etc,

roebedoes
10-08-2007, 12:01 PM
jip that's right it is a sort of free roaming so you can not give a 1 mission demo than they have to make a whole new demo well it takes 5 year to make the game (and even more) so a demo will take to long

JOleg
10-08-2007, 12:29 PM
Sorry, this would be impossible. The whole ingame world is a continious space - we can't just cut 1 level. This game has no levels - it is a constantly living world that goes around the player... Hundreds of other characters, truckers,police, etc, etc,

What was that? Was that an attempt for an excuse to not release anything but the final game? :wink: You guys are killing me ... you're smart enough to make a game of such caliber as you say, but can't just limit it to one level or something? You guys better make that demo before Christmas ... or else ... a truck in the building is guaranteed :lol: :P

Bloodstar
10-08-2007, 12:33 PM

Well, our office is surrounded with a massive wall and a graff and situated on the top of rock, :) :wink: but if you come here we'll be glad to meet you and have a cup of tea with you talking on the game. Don't take offence, we're working hard and doing everything we can to bring the game closer to the release. :)

Well, I got a try :)
OK, I am sorry if I was rude didn't wanted to be. I do care much about this game and posted info on this game already before on Usenet, Gamesquad forum, even Battlefront.com forum once etc... word of mouth.
So I really do care about this game.

Well just make the game, I know that it is big project and I know that you must got it right. But just please hurry up.

I would never play truck simulation games but this is something different (I am more wargamer and also fan of turn based strategy games etc...). You actually feel that you are inside the truck LOL
So this is nice virtual reality sim as well,

All the best, if I ever come to Moscow I will visit you.

Mario

trucknisse
10-08-2007, 12:35 PM
Well, can't you just cut out southern california, remove the modelling data for that area, and make it impossible to drive further than this? This is just adding a few extra roadblocks.
We don't to inject a lot of work that cause delays, just a small area to play with.

Evgeny
10-08-2007, 12:35 PM
To Bloodstar

Hope to see you in Moscow. :wink: Thank you for understanding.

Bloodstar
10-08-2007, 12:42 PM

OK, I can understand that.

I was thinking that somehow game could be made short for a demo. In Kings of the Road there were missions to take cargo to some location.

But I strongly suggest to you that you make a demo for a final release.

You are shooting yourself in a foot if you don't make the demo.

I will try to illustrate this to you: when I made a buzz about this game on various forums or Usenet many guys were just waving hands and say "BLAH! A truck simulator! Who needs that!".

You must be aware that you can enter big time USA and European market with this game. I know that you have a very strong following in Russia but without demo you are limiting your sales.

Yes, you would say that you have sold many copies in USA etc... of previous games but you can sell many more copies by doing a demo.

You have California in the game. I have visited California two times during E3's, Los Angeles, also have been across Golden Gate which is simulated in the game. When you cross that bridge you enter Orange County of California and there is San Rafael (LUCAS ARTS was thre and I visited them). Broderbund have payed me 5 days in a hotel in Novato, California and I also viisted Mindscape. Bothe companies are long gone now.

With a demo you can bring a bigger sales. Mind you, California was 7th State in the world on wealth. Don't know is this still hehe. USA is big market, 320 million people.

Making good demo is expensive but I guarantee you that that will return to you not 10x but maybe 100x.

Think about it. As you see every day some game is released without a demo, reviews will not be sufficent.

Mario

JOleg
10-08-2007, 01:33 PM
In any case, 1C and SoftLab, this lack of respect which becomes apparent by, for example, not releasing a demo, cancelling multiplayer, constant delays of the release and no wish to hurry up, etc.. will not just be forgotten when game is released. I mean that it will bounce back to you in the number of sales. By no means I wish you that of course, but just accept it that you've disappointed a lot of people with such an attitude. When we say "the excitement is gone" ... we really mean that. Right now, I'm waiting for release, but not anticipating.

You will have to do something to increase the sales. Demo is the first wise and logical step. Next is - presentation, with a pre-made video and a man to comment most of the features and concept of the game (talking about PR). Next step - which should have been the very first - become more open to the gamers community. They give you all the respect when they feel they are cared for, and even if not, they still deify you because you might be creating the game of their dreams. So, just imagine how much it hurts to find out after 5 long years of waiting and development that we will not see multiplayer in it ... just imagine. I guess I could go on, but you get the point.

You _don't_ want us to feel the team's exhaustion while we'll be playing it, do you? The game must shine and smile when it comes out and we should be enjoying it. Each such wound you make will not make it that much enjoyable anymore.

Hey... I post too much, I never post so much. I guess I'm hoping the call will be heard. And just to shake the developers ... they know they need this, so just accept it :wink:

Bloodstar
10-08-2007, 01:40 PM
In any case, 1C and SoftLab, this lack of respect which becomes apparent by, for example, not releasing a demo, cancelling multiplayer, constant delays of the release and no wish to hurry up, etc.. will not just be forgotten when game is released. I mean that it will bounce back to you in the number of sales. By no means I wish you that of course, but just accept it that you've disappointed a lot of people with such an attitude. When we say "the excitement is gone" ... we really mean that. Right now, I'm waiting for release, but not anticipating.

You will have to do something to increase the sales. Demo is the first wise and logical step. Next is - presentation, with a pre-made video and a man to comment most of the features and concept of the game (talking about PR). Next step - which should have been the very first - become more open to the gamers community. They give you all the respect when they feel they are cared for, and even if not, they still deify you because you might be creating the game of their dreams. So, just imagine how much it hurts to find out after 5 long years of waiting and development that we will not see multiplayer in it ... just imagine. I guess I could go on, but you get the point.

You _don't_ want us to feel the team's exhaustion while we'll be playing it, do you? The game must shine and smile when it comes out and we should be enjoying it. Each such wound you make will not make it that much enjoyable anymore.

Hey... I post too much, I never post so much. I guess I'm hoping the call will be heard. And just to shake the developers ... they know they need this, so just accept it :wink:

I agree with you.

Demo!

It can be made...

Here's some ideas....

For a demo make a really small area playable on borders of that area make some cliffs so if players want to go to that area they will fall from 2 km and BANG it will be the end of the demo LOL

8)

That would be also hilllarious, you play the demo and then go to that cliff and bajumbadum crash the truck haha.

So basicall no crackers could crack your game and make it full workable.
Even before some companies could find the way to make a restricted demo.

So no releasing a full game that could be cracked of course I don't wish you this. But apriori saying we will not make a demo is very stupid for your wallet.

Small number of people played Kings of the Road. And grrrrr my friend lost my copy of the game.

Mario

Evgeny
10-08-2007, 01:42 PM
Thank you JOleg, your posts are always very reasonable, it's pleasant to get wise messages here. Well, we will do our best to meet your needs, do not take offence, we respect your opinions.

Gatik55
11-04-2007, 09:45 AM
I hope, that I see Rig and Roll this winter. I could be very happy, if you can delight Slovak and Czech truckers :wink: