PDA

View Full Version : Some Question for modding TOW2-3

DARK MORCAR
04-02-2011, 08:09 AM
Hello,

I have two quetions, I hope U can help me.

1. How can I delete the pionts which u need for artillery and air support?

2. In our Forum we make lots of TOW Big Events, but only with TOW1. In TOW1 simple editor u can select between SP and MP. But since TOW2 Africa there is only SP. Why ist the MP selection deletet? We like to play our next Events with TOW2&3, but it is impossible without MP option.

Ist it possible to make a mod to integrate a MP option in simple Editor?

If not, can our event community hope there will be a MP option in next patch/addon/tow4?

Standart MP Game is unsuitable for our events and we need the possibility to use our own maps und create our own start zone and decide whichs units are in battle like in simple editor for SP.

Sneaksie
04-02-2011, 03:45 PM
1. These values are stored in various files. If you're creating your own single mission, you can open its Mission.xml and alter the value <Cost> in available <Support> fields. I'll asks developers how to make support free in campaign on Monday, but this may involve editing a number of files.

2. MP was removed from Simple Editor because MP inner structure changed (there are only Attack/Defend type MP scenarios in ToW1 while ToW2 and later games support various points to control, etc.) I don't have info about plans to add this functionality back to Simle Editor. I would suggest trying full Editor since it is not very difficult to change an existing scenario, MP or not. You can easily move units, objectives, add and delete units, that's sort of changes. Scripting language is more difficult to use properly, but you don't usually need to edit mission scripting if you are changing an existing MP mission.

DARK MORCAR
04-04-2011, 06:21 AM
Do U have a German guide for full editor?
Can I edit the map too? Or Only Units?

Sneaksie
04-04-2011, 07:31 AM
You can edit a map using dedicated Map Editor (Builder.exe). Open any map, save it with different name and alter as you want, then choose it in Mission Editor.

Here's the old German guide for Editor. MP mission creation changed since then, but some of the info is still useful.

I suggest modifying an existing MP scenario for starters. Change forces, their placement, you can also choose another map.

DARK MORCAR
04-04-2011, 08:12 AM
Thank Youuuuuuuuuuuuu :-)

DARK MORCAR
04-12-2011, 07:06 AM
Hallo, I have a new question for modding.

is it possible to chance the map size bigger than 2x2km in tow1,2or3.
How wie can do this?

mo_yi
05-04-2011, 03:48 PM
I just started using simple editor and mission editor for TOW 2 Kursk
my problem is that the missions DONT show in the game ...
i save and they show in campaign editor but not in the game
after i load the game the battle and user campaigns are still locked and no mission is present..
help because i could not find anything in the tutorial -.-

Sneaksie
05-04-2011, 07:31 PM
Hallo, I have a new question for modding.

is it possible to chance the map size bigger than 2x2km in tow1,2or3.
How wie can do this?

No, 2x2 is the max size.

Sneaksie
05-04-2011, 07:33 PM
after i load the game the battle and user campaigns are still locked and no mission is present..

Strange, did you try to create a mission in simple editor and click the 'save and run TOW' button in it? Does the game load the created mission this way?

mo_yi
05-05-2011, 09:27 AM
i will try it again.
but when i pressed that game did not load at all .
i did not even get a UAC message
no.... tried run as admin on both too
does not work at all

Sneaksie
05-05-2011, 10:18 AM
Also, run the game and editors using 'Run as Administrator' context menu command, maybe it just can't save the data.

DARK MORCAR
05-05-2011, 08:13 PM

U have to start editor and game with administrator if U have vista or win7

mo_yi
05-06-2011, 06:50 AM
Also, run the game and editors using 'Run as Administrator' context menu command, maybe it just can't save the data.
thanx man , set editors to run as admin. it works well now