PDA

View Full Version : rocket launcher inf is some BS

CommissarMax
04-02-2011, 07:03 AM
My frikin tiger got 1 shotted by a inf rocket to the front armor! and it was soviet too. HULL DESTROYED. wtff. that is some BULLSHIT. so much for realism =/

/endrant

KnightFandragon
04-04-2011, 12:53 AM
Yeah, first thing, get used to your German armor sucking BAD......You had this happen in Men of War and not AS? In Men of War the Tiger is a total waste of time, the only tank they have that is really decent with any real staying power is the Panther and King Tiger. The Tiger has a weak spot right smack on it's front bumper, the big flat spot below the driver slit and Bow MG....Yeah that spot is EASILY penetrated by anything bigger then about a 57mm and Sherman 75. Any big gun...76mm, 17Lb, 85mm...oh yeah...you will die. Then, if your Tiger or Panzy IV gets off a shot, expect it to bounce. The Germans have some hardcode somewhere that makes thier guns somewhat pitiful. I have a mod where I increased and messed around with Penetration numbers, giving the Germans much better penetration at range and my dad bounced like 20 some Panzer IV rounds off my modded KV that has 110 armor on the front, he then kissed its side and still took like 10 rounds to kill its 80 side armor. So yeah, German tanks dying to Soviet AT infnatry surprises me none. Its a Russian game so it will have some Russian bias in it. It is retarded that the German tanks are so lame but thats that I guess...

SpeedWolf
05-11-2011, 12:04 PM
Did you play germany vs sovie with a player name KingTigerWarrior?

KnightFandragon
05-11-2011, 09:48 PM
Did you play germany vs sovie with a player name KingTigerWarrior?

Me? I havent played MP in MoW in awhile now....World of Tanks has be addicted atm. I am LordKnightFandragon in MoW.

SpeedWolf
05-12-2011, 10:37 AM
Me? I havent played MP in MoW in awhile now....World of Tanks has be addicted atm. I am LordKnightFandragon in MoW.

No i was typing to CommissarMax. i played with him 5 time and all he did it sent tiger over and over again with no infantry support.

he lie about his tiger getting kill from the front armor. i shot all of them from the side armor and back armor as will as the turret.

FM_Von_Manstein
05-12-2011, 04:16 PM
It is BS, the Soviet's used US Bazooka's which were pretty crappy. The Panzerschrek was astronomically better, and the Panzerfaust/Faustrpatrone, despite having shorter range and less accuracy has even better penetrative power.

MoW is very realistic and horribly unrealistic at the same time. The decision to cap off gun ranges at 130, now 150 I believe, is a balancing thing. Realistically Tigers, Panthers, etc, should be taking out 90% of the AFVs in the game at 1 km-2 km. That doesn't mean you have to get rid of small maps, urban tank battles happened, and the majority of tank engagements on the west front occurred at 500-750 meters anyway. The medium and large maps would just need to be enlarged a little bit. Then all you have to do is make 5 Shermans the same point cost for a Tiger and voila, you're done. More ammo types would also be a good idea, and to balance Fireflys, and 76(w)s just give them a smaller amount of AP and HVAP ammo respectively, a historical reality anyway. All British tanks pre Crusader should also not have any HE rounds too.

So yeah, 100% realism and balance can go hand in hand, but you just need to be willing to put a little more effort in.