PDA

View Full Version : Multiplayer poll

Sire
10-07-2007, 07:39 AM
What side are you on?

Kolorabi
10-07-2007, 10:32 AM
I loved King of the Road, and that was mainly singleplayer, so if I get to choose, I want the singleplayer version first, and then maybe a multiplayer expansion or update later on. Multiplayer is not essential.

Ubaku
10-07-2007, 05:01 PM
I just want the freaking game, multiplayer or not. 5 years is long enough.

You people who just found this game recently are lucky, you did not have to struggle with the release being moved for 5 years straight!!!!

Sire
10-07-2007, 05:30 PM
Ubaku:

I know what you mean, and i'm as impatient as you. (been there from the start too)

But what if the game is really great, and when you have played the single missions, you want more? Then the multiplayer mode will sure be missed :cry:

I for sure would wait another year.

JOleg
10-07-2007, 06:52 PM
If Softlab cares about us as a community and our wishes/priorities, they will release an extension with multiplayer included. Right now, I don't know if they will. To be honest, I'm not even sure they will release, as Ubaku correctly pointed out, the freaking game.

Mafia 2 is already revived and has a trailer posted, which means a lot of work is already done... and we all know Mafia was a darn great game. I will not be surprised Mafia 2 comes out before RnR.

ImPulse
10-07-2007, 08:07 PM
I voted "Of course I would. What's a game without a multiplayer mode?".

I've only been waiting for this game for 7, maybe 8 months now, and I got so interested in this game due to the fact that it actually was going to be a multiplayer mode implemented. But now I've heard that this multiplayer mode has been cancelled, and that there won't be any of that kind. Due to this, I'm sad to say that this trucking game is just like any other of those trucking games existing at this point of time. The multiplayer mode was the thing that made Rig n Roll so unique, so good, so worth the wait (and I've only been waiting for a few months, while others have been waiting for years!). And now they picked multiplayer mode out of the game? I'm not saying that everyone is waiting for this game just because of the multiplayer mode but I've heard about many that does it, and how disappointed they got because of this decision. A decision which I can understand, if the reason to it is to make the release date a little bit closer to us then it otherwise would be. But if that's the case, why not release a patch, or make an external program for Rig n Roll later that will support mutiplayer? I don't understand this. Not only have they kept delaying the game for many many years, they are now deciding to cancel things from the game that will cause alot of customers to just ignore this game when it finally arrives. As it is now I'm no longer that interested in getting this game, I'll might just stick to 18 wheels of steel instead. Why buy a game like Rig n Roll when 18wos is just like it, minus some feautures that I can handle well without?

Don't take me wrong, I truly appreciate the work they put down in this game, but I don't see what they win by doing things like this. I will still keep my eyes on this game, but not with that kind of interest that I had a couple of weeks ago.

Sire
10-07-2007, 08:48 PM
ImPulse:

Well spoken/bra sagt!

bayonet
10-08-2007, 12:59 AM
I just want the freaking game, multiplayer or not. 5 years is long enough.

You people who just found this game recently are lucky, you did not have to struggle with the release being moved for 5 years straight!!!!You couldn't be more right dude. it's been a few years for me, couldn't imagine 5.

obsolum
10-08-2007, 10:53 AM
Why buy a game like Rig n Roll when 18wos is just like it, minus some feautures that I can handle well without?
Lol, if you are serious about that then I wonder what the hell you are doing here in the first place. That's like saying "Doom I is just like Quake 4, only with a little less features".

ImPulse
10-08-2007, 03:24 PM
Lol, if you are serious about that then I wonder what the hell you are doing here in the first place. That's like saying "Doom I is just like Quake 4, only with a little less features".

I'm rather sure you misunderstood the whole point with what I said, and made a whole different point which I never thought of.
Let me suggest that you read my whole post a couple of more times, and then that sentence you quoted me on, and we'll see if you get it. If not, I'm not sure how I can explain this, but uh. The features included in Rig n Roll, that 18wos doesn't have is just features which I can handle well without. I was gonna buy Rig n Roll just because of the multiplayer mode, but now I'm not so sure about this anymore.

Now, what can you do in Rig n Roll which you can't do in 18wos? Let's see here.
You can get out of your truck, and walk into specific places like some shop or so, is this correct? I can handle well without this feature.
When you have to refuel, you get this animation of the driver getting out of his truck etc. etc. etc - I can handle well without this feature.
The ability to check through the cabin exists in 18wos too, except the part of the cabin which is behind you. The only thing that doesn't exist in 18wos, is the feature that you can walk around in the cabin. Guess what? I can handle well without this feature also.
Pedestrians walking around in the cities, and being able to pick up hitchhikers? Not a necessary feature for me.
I've heard that there is some slightly more upgrades to your truck perhaps? Not so sure about that, but I do know I can handle well without that too.
Not to mention that 18wos, allow doubles, which RnR apparently doesn't. Is this correct? ;]

Ohnoez, you won't believe this. I ran out of features! I can't come up with anything else on such short notice. All the other stuff included in Rig n Roll, that 18wos doesn't have, is purely graphical and physical modifications of 18wos. And guess what? I can handle well without that too. But does this, in any way, mean that I am supposed to quit the waiting completely for Rig n Roll? Uuhm no, I don't think so. My whole point with my previous post was to point out that I got very disappointed of Rig n Roll now that the multiplayer mode is gone, outta there, non-existent. Rig n Roll is just like 18wos now, there's nothing unique with RnR anymore.
I will not stop waiting for RnR, no. But I won't keep my eyes on it with that huge interest that I had before. Why? Read my earlier post, until you understand it.

Quake sucks btw. :]

3dartpol
10-08-2007, 11:46 PM
If the developers can not finish the multiplayer in time maybe it better they do it later by releasing a patch that update the game later...
It's temp solution if they can not finish the game faster...