PDA

View Full Version : Game is almost unplayable!!!with low setting and resolution!

easytarget3
04-01-2011, 01:27 PM
Hello,

i was so excited the game was out,i bought it right away, but sadly i had major disappointment, setting the game was tedious but ok, i was surprise there wasnt any sound setting really,no slider to enviroment sound or engine or voice just simple switch music or sound :(.but that was ok, what really made me sad, i started game on medium setting recommended by the game i guess,but i got like 5 frames per sec :(, i switch off epilepsy filter,clouds,towns to low,no grass,very low forest and so on,and still slide show,then i went to lower resolution, got better but still like 10-15 frames,i went the lowest res i had in option and crush the game, what a pitty, i was always on your side guys but this is like a joke, iam uninstalling the game till you fix it so its playable on medium. goodluck.
my specs are:quad core 6600 OC 3.00Ghz,4GB RAm,Nvidia8800 GTS 512,harddisc WDC WD1500ADFD-00NLR5 ATA Device (150 GB, 10000 RPM, SATA),Windows 7 64 bits.

Eizon
04-01-2011, 01:37 PM
I've got pretty much the same pc, almost exactly. Same overclock even, only i've got an SSD.

The game runs terribly poorly for me, but everyone knows this.

People will probably poo-poo our PC specs saying they aren't good enough, but realistically the hardware is still pretty powerful, especially given the age of this game (length of time in development). More to the point I can much play prettier games fluidly. The graphics in this game aren't that high, they should be ok on this GPU.

Granted the game has lots of complex simulation stuff, but with 4 cores that shouldn't be a problem. Sorry to say it but I think the team needs help from more experienced developers.

tf_neuro
04-01-2011, 01:46 PM
Same problem here, with higher specs.
(oh, look, a "me too" post)

One of my gaming buddies reports playable and good looking game with all settings to low except for detail and effects (both medium) + roads and shadows on.
I tried the same but no luck, and my computer is at least as powerful as his.

I'll post again if I find something that works for me but I think it's all about finding the right balance between video card settings and in-game settings that works for your computer. Same settings dont work on different machines, even very similar, which makes finding the sweet spot kinda tricky, takes lots of tries...

easytarget3
04-01-2011, 02:20 PM
Same problem here, with higher specs.
(oh, look, a "me too" post)

One of my gaming buddies reports playable and good looking game with all settings to low except for detail and effects (both medium) + roads and shadows on.
I tried the same but no luck, and my computer is at least as powerful as his.

I'll post again if I find something that works for me but I think it's all about finding the right balance between video card settings and in-game settings that works for your computer. Same settings dont work on different machines, even very similar, which makes finding the sweet spot kinda tricky, takes lots of tries...
Super, thats why i bought the game :) to fidlle with the game forever to try at least fly alone above sea! lol, its the best spend money for game, right, playing and playing an playing with the setting :-D

MugiSNK
04-01-2011, 07:58 PM

You guys don't have patience at all?
I agree if you guys say that waiting for the release took a long time, and it did of course. But don't complain about a problem that only 1c can fix. Just wait it out, there is a patch expected for April 19th release, so wait for that one. Just play good old 1946 in the meantime

MugiSNK

paulopanz
04-01-2011, 08:19 PM
+1

NVIDIA 275 Ultra user - game unplayable.

No patience: I purchased an unfinished game.

Paul

FA_Bowman
04-01-2011, 10:33 PM
Hi All

AMD Phenom II x4 965 3.4GHZ, ATI 4890 (crossfire disabled) 8gb Kingston DDR3, Asus M4A79XTD EVO = 35fps Land 48fps Water 12-15 aircraft having a great time.

Reading all these threads takes me back to the early days of IL-2 or BOB II when all you could see and read was stutter this and stutter that etc. etc.

Yes COD has been pushed out early

Yes the publisher has porked it

But now it has been published let the developers get on with building on what they have started, give them a bit of support, sure there are problems, report them objectivley.

Lets stop all this I'm deleting COD from my HD never to play it again stuff, because without any community support what you will end up with on your Hd will =0

I don't see any other WWII combat sims on the horizon, do you?

Bowman

thesean
04-02-2011, 02:10 AM
It's time Publishers (and developers) realised this kind of release strategy does no one any favours. They should have ditched UBI ages ago and gone independent like Bohemia Interactive and Eagle Dynamics.

It's so obvious that this was going to happen the moment I heard they where going to use UBI.

I don't have the game, I am going to buy it. (went to Game Stop today and asked for it ....: "Cliffs of...what? Cliffs of Dover...no, no that's not in the system"...Blank face, walked out....

See, that's what your great publisher, UBI got you IC?

I know the bugs will be resolved, so that's why I am going to purchase.
All the complaints are totally valid and I hope they keep coming. Like I say, no one to blame but themselves.

Also, there was a general feeling of being duped initially what with the whole Filter BS, which never helps with the feelings of the community toward the developers or publisher.

SEE
04-02-2011, 03:56 AM
Hi All

I don't see any other WWII combat sims on the horizon, do you?

Bowman

Actually there is........

http://gaijinent.com/en/games/world_of_planes/

kimosabi
04-02-2011, 08:57 AM
Actually there is........

http://gaijinent.com/en/games/world_of_planes/

Gaijin wouldn't recognize proper flightmodel and physics even if it hit them on the head with a frying pan.