PDA

View Full Version : Throttle issues

Dores
04-01-2011, 01:08 PM
So I finally got this game running! Anyways, I keep thinking that there is something wrong with throttle/RPM when running on easy engine management. Even if I'm on 100% throttle, the RPM is really low, and even when flying a 109, I find that Hurricanes outrun and outclimb me. What is the totally obvious thing I'm doing wrong here?

BobTuck
04-01-2011, 01:48 PM
I've noticed this too.

I went to the extent of remapping my throttle axis and adjusted the deadzones etc. on the throttle map.

BobTuck.

seaeye
04-01-2011, 06:07 PM
Same thing here. Is it just limited to the 109? Some times it works, then it get really notchy, then doesn't work then comes back!!!

Same thing happens with my key bindings. One minute they're ok, then I take off and I hit G to raise my gear and nothing until after 1-2mins. Then I try to put it down, nothing again. What is wrong with this game, did they test it at all???????

Moggy
04-01-2011, 06:24 PM
Same thing here. Is it just limited to the 109? Some times it works, then it get really notchy, then doesn't work then comes back!!!

Same thing happens with my key bindings. One minute they're ok, then I take off and I hit G to raise my gear and nothing until after 1-2mins. Then I try to put it down, nothing again. What is wrong with this game, did they test it at all???????

Have you got anthropomorphic control switched on in the realism options? I had the same issues and found it was much better after I switched it off.

Azimech
04-01-2011, 06:38 PM
RPM low? What about the prop pitch then?

fireship4
04-01-2011, 09:56 PM
I believe some of the problems described here are indeed due to "anthropomorphic control". For example, today I was having problems with my throttle. Sometimes it would not respond, or would delay before responding. I eventually decided this must be due to one of my rotary dials (controlling trim) having a jumpy output. So I out the dial (on the throttle of my hotas) into its neutral position, where I had previously set a dead-zone.

The problem seemed to improve after that. What may have been happening was that the jumping around (again this was unintentional, and was due to jumpy output by the dial) of the trim wheel was occupying my my left hand in game, due to anthropomorphic control being on, and I was therefore not allowed to use the throttle.

Wolf_Rider
04-02-2011, 07:13 AM
I had to tick the REVERSE box in the ingame controller settings, as well as manually set the 100% level

Dores
04-02-2011, 03:55 PM
It still looks like my throttle reaches 100% by the little indicator on the screen, but it still doesn't feel like that at all...