PDA

View Full Version : Hypocritical Instructor - BUG?

Mattius
04-01-2011, 12:00 PM
When embarking on the 1st Moth Training Mission I complete my circuit. Then the instructor says he will take over & land. The instructor manouvres the plane to get ready for land & then dives straight into the ground! :confused:
How ironic that he feels I am not ready to solo land & takes over, only to end up plumetting us both into the ground. Bug?:confused:

Anyone else experienced this?

Wildweasel
04-01-2011, 12:18 PM
Same happend to me, he took over the controls to "land" but just nose dived straight into the ground.

lbuchele
04-01-2011, 12:40 PM
Same happend to me, he took over the controls to "land" but just nose dived straight into the ground.

Happens the same to me,but he mqnages to save the aircraft in last minute,not without a HARD touch with the undercarriage in the ground.

NLS61
04-01-2011, 01:27 PM
No i think its just personal :)

Sternjaeger
04-01-2011, 01:38 PM
maybe they simulated a DM for the pilot as well and he has a heart attack ;)

Kianoni
04-01-2011, 07:25 PM
actually I switched off all text boxes from the screen and played through the mission successfully.. after some babbling about traffic circuit the instructor tells you to turn right which is quite easy to miss.. so if you continue straight forward to a wrong waypoint the instructor crashes the plane.
I would be dead already if my pilot instructor IRL was as bad as the one we have in game.

Kianoni
04-01-2011, 07:53 PM
actually I switched off all text boxes from the screen and played through the mission successfully.. after some babbling about traffic circuit the instructor tells you to turn right which is quite easy to miss.. so if you continue straight forward to a wrong waypoint the instructor crashes the plane.
I would be dead already if my pilot instructor IRL was as bad as the one we have in game.

tested again, whether you will crash or not seems to depend on the radial you intercept the waypoint.. quite crappy AI imho

Fortkentdad
02-13-2013, 04:57 AM
I tried to make it through all the training session. For most of them I did get a "run time error" message. If I hit any button on the error code the system crashed, close, ignore, retry, didn't matter, even the red X to close it, crashed the program. I did find that if I just actually ignored it by dragging it off to the side, it eventually went away and the training session proceeded.

BUT that instructor is very "British" criticizing you quickly for every miss step. On the other hand when he took over my landing efforts he did land it ok (the few times I didn't close the session once he took over).

I found the solo flight to be problematic. I could get airborne with "good show" comments. BUT then he said to go to the ring, ... no ring in sight anywhere. He also would say, turn left (or right) and even though I was flying in circles he'd say "are you ever going to turn left?". Then descend. I was flying at tree top level and he says "are you ever going to descend. Even when I "land" on the grass he is still saying descend. I'm glad you don't need to pass your solo flight training to move on because I have never found the rings I'm supposed to fly through on the solo flight. (They do appear in the landing and other sessions, just not the solo one).

But I'm now trying to learn how to fly the Spitfire and Hurricane by replaying single missions, over and over again.

Good game, but they need more lessons and a better training manual that explains how to fly these planes better. I'm learning more from YouTube than from the Manual.

Sokol1
02-13-2013, 07:59 PM
I'm glad you don't need to pass your solo flight training to move on because I have never found the rings I'm supposed to fly through on the solo flight.

This Tiger Moth training is almost useless...

Beter go to Quick Mission, select Cross Country and click over Blenheim and change to plane Tiger Moth, or Hurricane, Spit, Bf-109 etc.

And pratice take off and landing without "instructor".

Since affter lastest patchs the plane appears with the engines running, to pratice start engines, turn the off with magnetos key, for some reason this dont work for G-50...

Sokol1

planespotter
03-06-2013, 09:35 AM
Instructor is A-hole and training is crud. Youtube is your friend.

Sokol1
03-14-2013, 03:18 PM
Hi Guys,

You who are using these training missions, which would like to see this kind of mission?

Sokol1