PDA

View Full Version : Hello and one question!

Bloodstar
10-06-2007, 02:43 PM
Hello,

First, great that you made forum for English speaking visitors because I have known Russian but forget it over the years and there is no Russian girls around to teach me Russian over the pillow LOL

I am big fan of Rig and Roll and previous truck simulations by Softlab-NSK.

I have reviewed game called King of the Road and gave it a good score. That was in 2002. JoWooD sent me review copy.

The best praise for King of the Road was when I showed the game to my friend. He currently have THREE trucks, and two drivers. He works for Coca Cola. He was very thrilled when he played the game! So I gave him my copy of the game and bought another. That is big praise for a game when professional truck drivers like the game.

The only thing that I didn't liked in King of the Road was AI was being too agressive and there was this stupid damage model when AI truck hit you a little bit you get damaged cargo.
I mean that is stupid and also AI was really agressive and maybe I am lousy driver but he would often get before me and push me out of the road and I was afraid of cargo being damaged so many time I just let him have the road.

I hope that things in Rig'n'Roll would not be straight copy of this from Kings of the Road...

Anyway, I hope that devs will finish the game soon, I will buy it on day of release.

But, I know that this is big project but you must realize that customers are impatient and that 1C really have postponed the game many time! So I understand those guys who are not pleased with this situation.

I was looking forward to Christmas release... but anyway fisnish the game just don't take too long

8)

laywiin
11-23-2007, 08:02 AM
:D Hello!, i had the same problem on King of the road and the graphics SUCKS hard:P hehehe... :wink: Well, its an fight to get first with the Cargo so nothing to do with it you say u get fast damage (dmg) on the cargo wen you drive, MAYBE because you have :wink: 90 Mph In a Swing 8)

Think if it was real;)

USA Driver
11-24-2007, 05:49 AM
I too played KoTR because of the bandwagon they had going on in TruckPol.
Thing I hated was the cops, and the mafia. But I remembered getting revenge on them once by flipping over their ride after they stole my cargo.

But I LOVED the weather effects. How the wind picks up and the clouds move and darken.
KoTR seemed to be the ONLY .. game I ever played that had clouds that actually moved and darkened as the thunderstorm ones got closer.