PDA

View Full Version : suggestion for expansion or next game

Zeev
10-06-2007, 01:09 PM
The game is really good, but if you are going to make expansion, or death to spies 2, please consider adding the following features:

- Option to command lower rank enemy soldiers. For example, if i took officers uniform, I can tell a lower rank enemy to go somewhere, or just salute me, or follow me into an empty room where I can kill him :D

- Map editor maybe? there was never editor in a stealth game, not in commandos, not in hitman, and im sure many players miss this thing.
Are you planning to release the tools which you made the game?

Divebomb
10-06-2007, 02:50 PM
- Option to command lower rank enemy soldiers. For example, if i took officers uniform, I can tell a lower rank enemy to go somewhere, or just salute me, or follow me into an empty room where I can kill him :DHehe. I like this idea.

Even bigger levels, maybe make it easier to shoot your way out of a situation, drivable boats/helis would be nice aswell (well, these might be in the game, I've only seen a few levels--drivable truck and motorbike).

mbv
10-06-2007, 07:04 PM
I think its a bit early to be suggesting the content of DTS2, it has only been out for a couple of weeks :shock: A map and mission editor would be useful to keep the DTS community interested in the game. Cannot see the point of ordering around your enemy troops if you swap uniform, far better to kill 'em all :twisted:, which you can do any way, even if you have the same uniform as them. No way would I like to see attack Helicopters (they did not exist in WWII) in this game. Boats might be appropriate depending on the type of mission.

Von Omar
10-06-2007, 10:44 PM
The things I would most like to see at this point (so early in the playing process) would be an improvment to closing/opening doors. It's a frustrating zone around doors to be able to close one quickly. Just a pet peeve I guess. The other thing I'd like to see for added immersion would be some Enemy dialogues going on when you're close enough to hear. Combined with some more animations indicating talking amongst soldiers or officers chewing out underlings and the like. That would add some nice immersion that is currently lacking.

Otherwise, I guess bigger levels is always nice. I'd rather have more fully robust same sized levels. The Academy level is rather poorly done IMO. It's got alot of buildings but none are enterable. I'd think civilizans or at least low level soldiers would occupy those, and maybe I'd want to hide in one, or look for weapons or ammo.
Some more ammunition/weapon dumps around on levels would be nice too. There are plenty of weapon crates around in storage rooms, but no weapons (or few here and there).

All these things are minor though and I'm very pleased with the game as is. Most of the levels are fantastic. Even the one mission I didn't like wasn't that bad, and was relatively quick to get through.

I'd love to see a DtS2. Maybe do one from the German, British or American perspective.

Divebomb
10-07-2007, 09:24 AM
Helicopters (they did not exist in WWII)Yes, they did. But I didn't necessarily mean for a WW2 setting sequel, I think the gameplay of this game could exist in pretty much any 'time'--and the smersh fiction could easily be expanded outside the 40s.

mbv
10-07-2007, 10:13 AM
Helicopters (they did not exist in WWII)Yes, they did. But I didn't necessarily mean for a WW2 setting sequel, I think the gameplay of this game could exist in pretty much any 'time'--and the smersh fiction could easily be expanded outside the 40s.

As I said, ATTACK helicopters did not exist in WWII, there was the German Flettner, but that was a fairly unreliable observation/medivac copter. The Brits just had autogiros which were of very little use, same with the Russians and US.

The SMERSH theme would work well in a Cold War scenario though, I agree.

Divebomb
10-08-2007, 04:34 AM
As I said, ATTACK helicopters did not exist in WWII, there was the German Flettner, but that was a fairly unreliable observation/medivac copter. The Brits just had autogiros which were of very little use, same with the Russians and US.Yeah, I clearly changed the parameter back to my original statement, which was just "helis".

OSS
10-08-2007, 06:32 AM
i think expansion already in progress, found this screens on some russian site...

http://www.dtf.ru/project/gallery.php?id=995

Chad44
10-08-2007, 06:34 AM
Nice Pics

megakill
10-08-2007, 07:14 AM
The sequel is already in the process! Stayt tuned. 8)

Divebomb
10-08-2007, 07:30 AM
Hoho. That's great news.

Divebomb
10-08-2007, 07:42 AM
Ah, another suggestion. Day/Night cycle. Also, weather--not sure if there's already different types of weather in the game. Heh.

Evgeny
10-08-2007, 08:00 AM
Well, all your suggestions are sent to the developers and some of the wil be probably implemented in the game. Thank you, your opinion is very important for us.

Hostile
10-08-2007, 10:51 AM
I think the player movement is great apart from the running. I don't know if it is difficult but not many developers get it right. It's not real. The AI could be a little less linear. It would add realism and change your course of action. The recognition process of AI could be a little more subtle than so abrupt. For example should the player be facing the officer in question and gets reconized...ok. But if you are not facing the officer, you could make the officer look at the player strangely or suspiciously and this would give the player an opportunity to get past or escape to choose a bette route. The enemies could be in different spots on every restart so that the same level would never be the same. This would bring life and less repetition to the game. The map needs to be less extensive. You know what's around the corner long before you get there. With smaller or NO map at all(Expert), you would then have rely on your equipment a lot more to survive i.e.binoculars, sniper scope....etc. Is stealth not about the uncertainty of what it going to happen next and the pressures dealing with it? I think so...but that's just my opinion. On a more positive note, this game has good atmosphere though can be improved. It has a lot of the formula correct. It urges you to look before you leap. No run and gun here and you must think your course right through or perish and there are no guarantees. The graphics suit the style that it is but the gameplay is where it holds its own. It has succeeded where many have failed. This is an experience not just gaming. All the elements required to produce a killer title are present, they just need to be fine tuned. I was disappointed with no swastika and whatever else is missing from russian version. I'm a purist like that. If anyone knows of a patch for that please send me a link. I have only played one level and can't wait to finish it. Sorry for rambling but I think this fell just short of something revolutionary. :D

Hostile
10-08-2007, 11:09 AM
Would you believe after all that I forgot something....anyway. The AI line of sight needs to be a lot further than what it is if realism is one of your goals. On the first level right at the start you could stand clearly on the road and look at the two germans patrolling up and down forever without being noticed. Realism is I see you you see me given you are not a spec of dust on the horizon. That incorporated the player would be forced to navigate unseen(hint: that = stealth). They would actually have to wait for the guard/patrol not to be facing their direction before moving. And also their vision shouldn't x-ray through trees :wink: . As I mentioned before there is huge potential here, please take advantage.

mbv
10-08-2007, 05:12 PM
Nice to see the sequel is staying in WWII for now :D

balbaro
10-09-2007, 12:44 PM
And also their vision shouldn't x-ray through trees

Sometimes i managed to hide behind a tree , but sometimes the ennemy seemed to be x-raying the bodies trough a wall aswell

Seemed to me the mouse control was a bit "jerky" but maybe thats just me.

But overall, the game seems to be very good as it is, dont overdo with options, it ruins the game IMO.

There should be more games like this released instead of shooters.

And oh yes , very important, have the Germans speak better German, it ruins part of the atmosphere.

Bottom line of this : I will buy any addon's or sequels released.

Yuki
10-09-2007, 08:35 PM
im sorry if this was mentioned already, but i didn`t read the whole thread,

apart from a few control issues already mentioned, i`d like it if the camera was able to look around freely without the body of the character moving as well, (like how you look around in hitman to give an example)

sometimes that was a bit tricky, especially when lying down to avoid eye contact, the whole body would crawl around when trying to look at a passing guard