PDA

View Full Version : Elevator trim to mouse weel??

NLS61
03-31-2011, 06:45 PM
Can that be done put the elevator trim to mouse weel?

Buzpilot
03-31-2011, 07:21 PM
It's not reading my usb mouse wheel, not possible on my computer at least.

jimbop
04-01-2011, 07:17 AM
Bump - anyone know?

David198502
04-02-2011, 10:01 AM
i tried it the last 3days without luck!

pandaa109
04-02-2011, 10:21 AM
The only way I've been able to do is to rebind my mwheeldown to a keystroke like [ ]. Unfortunately you need a mouse that has software that lets you do that.

jimbop
04-02-2011, 10:38 AM
Actually, it can be done:

1. Open the confuser.ini file (what a great name) in the \Documents\1C SoftClub\il-2 sturmovik cliffs of dover folder (after you've made a backup).

2. Under [HotKey pilotMove] you want the following line:

MouseAXE_Z=1trimelevator

For me the response seems way over the top but maybe this is just a matter of tweaking. The axis responses seem to be controlled by [Config pilotMove] so this might be the area to modify.

No more time tonight but maybe I'll get back to this tomorrow. Let me know if you guys get any further!

jimbop
04-02-2011, 10:43 PM
The only way I've been able to do is to rebind my mwheeldown to a keystroke like [ ]. Unfortunately you need a mouse that has software that lets you do that.

Thanks, this works with the X52 Pro software. The ini file edit works but the sensitivity is way off as described above and since the key mapping works fine then why struggle with it? Just map the default trim keys (Shift UP, Shift Down) to the mouse wheel on the throttle.

NLS61
04-04-2011, 01:04 PM
Actually, it can be done:

1. Open the confuser.ini file (what a great name) in the \Documents\1C SoftClub\il-2 sturmovik cliffs of dover folder (after you've made a backup).

2. Under [HotKey pilotMove] you want the following line:

MouseAXE_Z=1trimelevator

For me the response seems way over the top but maybe this is just a matter of tweaking. The axis responses seem to be controlled by [Config pilotMove] so this might be the area to modify.

No more time tonight but maybe I'll get back to this tomorrow. Let me know if you guys get any further!

I've done this but so far no joy.