PDA

View Full Version : Charge ability

Gorguss
10-05-2007, 11:02 AM
1. Does the charge ability add to the attack ability when a unit attacks?

Charge 5
Attack 5
Total attack strength 10?

2. When a unit has the charge ability and attacks another unit that is located within a castle: Does the charge ability come into play?

3. Does the charge ability come into play when defending, or is it only defence?

bers
10-05-2007, 11:18 AM
1. Does the charge ability add to the attack ability when a unit attacks?

Charge 5
Attack 5
Total attack strength 10?

Not attack ability but add attack.

Ex: landless knights -> rangers
rangers (skirmish) / knights
knights (charge) / rangers
knights (melee) / rangers
rangers (melee) / knights

2. When a unit has the charge ability and attacks another unit that is located within a castle: Does the charge ability come into play?

charge plays always when unit attack

3. Does the charge ability come into play when defending, or is it only defence?

Only defence.

Guardian
10-05-2007, 01:41 PM
Is the extra attack form charge always available or only if unit moves at least one hex?
Does the strenght of the charge depend on the distance my knights passed during the turn or it's always the same?
Also, if I have a perk with +2 to charge on plain does it mean that my unit has to be on plains while attacking, my enemy has to be on plains, or both (so if target is in the forest I won't get +2 to charge)?

bers
10-05-2007, 01:50 PM
Is the extra attack form charge always available or only if unit moves at least one hex?

Charge is always avalable

Does the strenght of the charge depend on the distance my knights passed during the turn or it's always the same?

Strength of the charge doesn't depend on distance

Also, if I have a perk with +2 to charge on plain does it mean that my unit has to be on plains while attacking, my enemy has to be on plains, or both (so if target is in the forest I won't get +2 to charge)?

Your enemy has to be on plains.

Guardian
10-05-2007, 03:17 PM
Your enemy has to be on plains.
I know, I'm terrible :D . One last thing - if my enemy has to be on plains, my knights can actually jump into the forest next to the enemy on the plains, attack him and still get +2 to charge, right? Because all melee are about the target hex, not the source one (I've read the last bit in Your last answer about river attack).

Thanks, I'll stop pestering You. For now :mrgreen:

Blackhawk
10-05-2007, 03:22 PM
I know, I'm terrible :D . One last thing - if my enemy has to be on plains, my knights can actually jump into the forest next to the enemy on the plains, attack him and still get +2 to charge, right? Because all melee are about the target hex, not the source one (I've read the last bit in Your last answer about river attack).

Thanks, I'll stop pestering You. For now :mrgreen:

Yes you will get the +2, but this is tactically unwise.In the next enemy turn you will learn that leaving cavalry in Forests is a really really bad move :twisted:

Guardian
10-05-2007, 03:37 PM
True, but if I'll wipe the enemy on the plains I'll open the way for my other units, and hopefully they will protect my knights while they're having a rest in a forest :wink:

Thanks all for sorting this out! :)