PDA

View Full Version : Answers to your questions

Evgeny
10-05-2007, 06:19 AM
Hi, guys. There are answers to some of the questions you have asked.

1). Will there be any difference between driving car and truck?

The game is dedicated to the long-haul trucks, so we will drive trucks.
2). Will the blinkers work?

Yes, they will.
3). Will we be able to use Logitech G25 pedal?

Yes. And also you can use a transmission lever.
4). Is the work on the trucks models physics finished?

Yes, it's finished. They are under testing now.
5). Will there be roads apart frome those on the map at the game website?

Yes, certainly.
6). Will there be an odometer?

Yes.
7). And as for the multiplayer, there is a bad news, guys. Currently it is not planned to include it in the final version of the game.

P.S. Well, the dev team is very busy, so the have not enough time to answer your questions quickly. That's why some of your questions can be unanswered for some time, so, please don't take offence if your question gets answer after a week or two. Hope for your understanding.
Thank you for your questions.

roebedoes
10-05-2007, 06:43 AM
thanks evengy for anserwing these questions, but do you already knows some thing about the release date please answer

from holland

1Truck
10-05-2007, 10:57 AM
Thanks for clearing up some things. Should we post questions only in this thread to make things easier?

Evgeny
10-05-2007, 11:07 AM
Well, Ithink it would be much easier if you post your questions in this thread. Thank you in advance.

trowland
10-05-2007, 12:29 PM
can we name our own trucking company :?: does it change physics when it rains will we skid and stuff like that :?:

bigbubba467
10-05-2007, 02:05 PM
Are there railroad Crossings in the game (level crossings) and does a train go across?

What are the functions of the "human in the game" The trucker. Can he eat, go to the restroom and does stuff like what a regular human being does?

Can we get an estimated time in when we can expect Rig n roll?

Can we get an estimate time when we can expect the Rig n Roll Demo?

bigbubba467

JOleg
10-05-2007, 03:41 PM
As far as I understand there already is a promo demo made for those expos ... why not release it? Let it be buggy and all, but gamers may just be happy with it and keep silent for another year or so because they will have something to ride ... a playable demo! We don't expect to have working scenarios in it, we just expect to have an open world, traffic, pedestrians and a couple of rigs to drive to explore the world, that's all. Even without a working "save" feature. You might just benefit from it in the sense that you will have thousands of gamers testing it on their own PCs with various configurations, so those who will have problems running the demo will give the valuable feedback which can be used to fix the problems before official release.

I understand there will be those who will say this is a bad idea, and I might agree with them, but at this point, I'm also so fed up with waiting and all this uncertainty, that I would rather have that, than a bunch of screenshots and answers to questions.

Heck, I also know with 99.9% probability this will never happen, and there are reasons. But still, a question I would like to hear an answer to:

:?: Why can't the already made playable demo be released? And what if you call it an open-beta-demo to avoid confusion with a normal demo?

I may predict the answer that the demo will be released (a different new demo), but the point is we (or at least I) don't want that demo which is going to be released 2 weeks prior to game release which is still not defined when that happens.

Question #2:
:?: What are the chances that the game will not be released 3 to 6 months later after the game is done? In other words, how long will it take for Rig'n'Roll specifically (not in general) to appear on the shop shelves after the game is done?

Oleg

bigbubba467
10-05-2007, 06:32 PM
Hi, guys. There are answers to some of the questions you have asked.

1). Will there be any difference between driving car and truck?

The game is dedicated to the long-haul trucks, so we will drive trucks.
2). Will the blinkers work?

Yes, they will.
3). Will we be able to use Logitech G25 pedal?

Yes. And also you can use a transmission lever.
4). Is the work on the trucks models physics finished?

Yes, it's finished. They are under testing now.
5). Will there be roads apart frome those on the map at the game website?

Yes, certainly.
6). Will there be an odometer?

Yes.
7). And as for the multiplayer, there is a bad news, guys. Currently it is not planned to include it in the final version of the game.

P.S. Well, the dev team is very busy, so the have not enough time to answer your questions quickly. That's why some of your questions can be unanswered for some time, so, please don't take offence if your question gets answer after a week or two. Hope for your understanding.
Thank you for your questions.

This really sucks with the multiplayer. Why for 5 years we been told that there is multiplayer in the game now there isnt. This really really sucks. Soon you will say that the game doesnt exist . Man This blows big time.
Why keep us out of the dark for so long!!!!

Bigbubba467

ps it will be best to update your offical Rignroll page about there being multiplayer because it says yes it will have and now NO!
this game better be the same price as scs games because i can tell you i am not going to buy if it is expensive with out multiplayer.

bayonet
10-05-2007, 09:42 PM
I really hope they will make this game moddable, because if they don't, alot of people aren't going to buy it. Especially since we got false information on multiplayer for so many years.

so here's my question for the game developers: are you going to cancel the game?

1Truck
10-05-2007, 09:57 PM
Since there are school busses in the game, will they stop and have flashing lights with a stop sign to pick up kids?

JOleg
10-06-2007, 04:09 PM
One more question, not sure if it has been asked already, but here it is:

:?: Will multiplayer functionality be added after the official release in the form of the patch or maybe distributed as another Rig'n'Roll version supporting multiplayer?

JOleg
10-06-2007, 04:18 PM
Or maybe more generally:
:?: What is planned (if at all) to upgrade the game with after the initial release? Options can be: multiplayer, more cities (maybe whole new state), more rigs, ability to drive usual cars, support of independent trailers as opposed to semi-trailers (i.e. with an axis on each end of the trailer), etc. etc. etc...

Oh ... can we also make a request?
:arrow: Can you make a game play video withOUT Aria music, without using any Adobe Premiere stuff with the video, without cutting anything, but most importanly - WITH the IN-GAME sound ? This is SO easy to do. Pretty please?

1Truck
10-08-2007, 10:39 AM
One more question, not sure if it has been asked already, but here it is:

:?: Will multiplayer functionality be added after the official release in the form of the patch or maybe distributed as another Rig'n'Roll version supporting multiplayer?

I second this. It was confirmed that things like radio was in multiplayer, and then learned it was cancelled. This was one of the most wanted features in the game. If it means getting the game out sooner, thats fine, but an expansion/patch should be released later, considering a lot of work probably already went into it.

USA Driver
10-11-2007, 03:26 PM
All I wanna know is what is the current system requirements.
Or do they even know.

Evgeny
10-12-2007, 06:36 AM
Well, here are answers to some of your questions.

1). Will it be possible to go out the road and to hit a bush for example?

Yes, but not everywhere. The Californian freeways are fenced to avoid the trespassing of animals.

2). Are the cities in the gimilar to the real ones. What about downtowns?

Well, mostly the cities are represented along the main roads, so if a main road goes through a downtown (e.g. Los Angeles, San Francisco, San Diego), the downtown is represented in details.

3). The railways question.

Well, there will be trains and trams, but they don't cross the roads (as in the real life speaking of the roads presented in the game.)

4). Will the charecter be able to sleep?

Well, you won't be able to sleep, but you just can take a rest.

5). Demo question.

The demo isn't planned.

6). Can the school buses pick up the kids at the stops?

No, they cant.

7). Will the multiplayer be included in an addon?

We can't tell you now, but we'll inform about it as soon as ossible.

8). The in-game sounds trailer question.

The release of such trailer is possible, but we can't tell you the date of its release now and will inform you about it as soon as possible.

9). Will we be able to save the game at any time?

Yes, you will.

RemiNadeau2727
10-12-2007, 04:18 PM
thanks Evgeny 8)

1Truck
10-12-2007, 08:09 PM
Yes, thank you Evgeny. Our questions being answered about this game means so much, we are getting a much better understanding of it.

trucknisse
10-12-2007, 10:12 PM
Yes, we are all appreciating it very much! :!:

JOleg
10-13-2007, 05:39 PM
In all honesty, thanks for the responses, which are honest and yet some of the interesting ones are still ambiguous and unspecific, but I no longer have any desire to ask any more questions or clarify any more things :( Almost anything I hear is not what I would like to hear. I think I just should return here in a year to check the status or something.

:(

Ron Falco
10-14-2007, 09:23 PM
Thanks for the answers, it gives us some insight as to what to expect.

I'm kinda upset about there being no active railroad crossings, but oh well.

Flagman_20
10-14-2007, 09:27 PM
Thanks for clearing that up, Evgeny
One thing: Will the game be realeased in Portugal?

Evgeny
10-15-2007, 06:41 AM
To Flagman_20

Thank you. Yes, certainly it'll be released in Portugal.

Evgeny
10-15-2007, 06:42 AM
Thank you guys, happy to work for you.

To JOleg

Hope you won't leave us, it's very interesting to read your posts, you are a good member of the community. :wink:

GinXeng
10-15-2007, 07:45 AM
Heres one question you probably wont answer. Whats the truth behind the so many delays and why are they not being honest with us. But I know you are going to reply with "thank you for your questions" but not answer it.

JOleg
10-15-2007, 06:14 PM
To Evgeny:

Thank you, I just wish we had something new to discuss, I mean really, at least something - screenshots, gameplay video, possible incomplete teaser list of sound tracks or any info regarding the OST, maybe demo, just something ... I'm pretty positive you're tired of answering the same questions over and over again, but that's because we came to the point when we know everything about the forthcoming game based on the info we obtain without owning it ;) Just because I am so dedicated to this series and Rig'n'Roll project in particular, I still visit this forum/site every day and several times a day. But I'll just refrain from asking questions because there really is no point at this moment in time. I can only hope developers will prepare us all at least some X-Mas present, otherwise, it'll be boring as hell.

Oleg
:wink:

digit
10-16-2007, 10:23 AM
I must thank you Evgeny for this. Finally the fans are out of the dark corner and we can be updated more often with progress and game features which is what everyone has been wanting and complaining a lot about aswell. Cheers for this one mate :wink:

Evgeny
10-16-2007, 10:28 AM
You are welcome. :wink:

ciypriyan
10-16-2007, 12:40 PM
when the game will be release?

Evgeny
10-16-2007, 12:42 PM
Well, it's gonna be released in 2008. Unfortunately we can tell you an exact date, but we will inform you about it as soon as possible.

Thank you for your questioin.

ImPulse
10-16-2007, 02:13 PM
Well, it's gonna be released in 2008. Unfortunately we can tell you an exact date, but we will inform you about it as soon as possible.

Officially delayed to 2008 huh? That's it. You guys just lost yet another customer. My wait ended here, I've only been waiting for a year tops but I'm fed up with this kinda news, considering I've heard alot of this game's history and what you guys always did before. Therefore, by the looks of it, it ain't worth waiting for anymore. So, I'm gonna go wait for eurotrucksimulator instead, and also continue to play 18WoS.

Buhbyez.

Bloodstar
10-16-2007, 02:17 PM

You must release it in 1Q of 2008. You will lose too much customers. This is not Bioshock. Sooner you release it better.
Gamers don't like big delays - then don't make any announcement. Every game can be made in 3 years, every. You must put resources and people into project.
But when I see that game is 7 years in the making then developers lose prestige. And that is bad.

Look at Duke Nukem Forever, they say that it is still in developement, and you must change 5 times GRAPHIC ENGINE in all that years!!!
I believe that something like that happened to Rig'n'Roll as tech cycle of graphic cards happens too fast!
I have 7900 gs and now it is just average!

Flagman_20
10-16-2007, 04:24 PM
Look in the bright side, Bloodstar...
At least we won't be getting low FPS on modest systems :lol:

toradnic
10-16-2007, 04:28 PM

yes, that very importanti for me, and i think for most other players. But on the other side, 3 years ago, i was ready to buy new PC for RnR... now i'm not sure about anything

Flagman_20
10-16-2007, 04:34 PM
No one is, my friend...
No one is.

*Fades into the darkness*

Bloodstar
10-16-2007, 06:02 PM

hehehe, you are right :)

Holland1994
10-16-2007, 06:04 PM
Yes oke, but the game engine is very old now, 4-8 years.
For most of us the graphics are oke, but the game engine of now they are amazing! Look to Cryisis those are just incredible graphics!

ciypriyan
10-16-2007, 06:19 PM

ok , you say the release is 2008 , but what is this ? http://www.amazon.com/Atari-Rig-N-Roll/dp/B000RVB3XK/ref=pd_bbs_sr_1/002-6306355-1857622?ie=UTF8&s=videogames&qid=1192558686&sr=8-1
and i see other video`s gameplay of rig`n`roll on Youtube .can you give me minimum system requirements?

Holland1994
10-16-2007, 06:23 PM
I think the devolpers know it better then amazon.com , is'nt it?
I think that was happend a few months before that amazon.com asked when rigg'n'roll comes out. Igor sayed he hoped that gonna released before 2008.
Amazon.com wants a date...
the best person right now that can give you the answer Evgeny.

Tinoo
10-16-2007, 06:29 PM
i have 8800 GTS 640 mb no probs with me hehehehe

Flagman_20
10-16-2007, 06:49 PM
I just have one more question: How will the weather system work? Like HT2 where you set the weather you want with a slider or will it be random?

Bloodstar
10-16-2007, 07:46 PM
I think the devolpers know it better then amazon.com , is'nt it?
I think that was happend a few months before that amazon.com asked when rigg'n'roll comes out. Igor sayed he hoped that gonna released before 2008.
Amazon.com wants a date...
the best person right now that can give you the answer Evgeny.

LOL 20$

1C don't give this game so cheaply or whole planet will suddenly apply for a truck driver job.

Evgeny
10-17-2007, 05:49 AM
Well, the most authoritative information is on this website, so the release is planned to 2008.

ciypriyan
10-22-2007, 07:45 PM
http://www.rignroll.ru/index.php?type=image&image_id=2136&fn=i/dev_07_09_4.jpg

it`s true in the game ?

USA Driver
10-23-2007, 04:56 PM
You are welcome. :wink:
What about the ultimate question...
Q. Will the game be released... in my lifetime? :? I'd like to see a release before 2012 maybe!

Freak Of Nature
11-01-2007, 09:45 AM
Will the rain/snow affect truck behavior on the road?

Evgeny
11-12-2007, 08:22 AM
Here is the neew bunch of answers to your questions.

Will there be a dynamic (season) change of the prices for goods shiping in different parts of the ingame world in different seasons? (will there be different seasons?) E.G. During the harvesting more grain-carriers and gas-tank trucks and heavy trucks are needed.

No. The game model of goods turnover isn't so complicated. The fact is that most agricultural products in San Hoakin valley (the main source of agricultural roducts in California) are produced all year round (4 harvest per year), that's why the assortment of goods and the prices for them don't change significantly.

Will a player have to pay taxes for keeping his own truck fleet and offices. Will there be any penalties for not-in-time tax payment? Will there be a tax inspection?

No. It seems a bit steep..)

Will there be some kind of abstract economical connection between the country California (according to the story of the game, California is a country) abd other abstract countries (Atlantida, Pokemonia, etc.)?

It's just a usual California. There is a connection with Nevada in the game (a art of Nevada is a part of the ingame world).

Will there be some cataclysms (huricanes, flooding, terrorist acts like in SimCity) that influence the game country economy?

Some of such things will be presented in the game, but it's a secret now. :wink:

Will the rain/snow affect truck behavior on the road?

Certainly they will!

Will Kenworth K100 be presented in the game?

Unfortunately it won't. Despite all our dissuasion helped us to get the license for it, as it's out of production.

IS it possible to lose a wheel while driving on the road?

I think no.

Will a player be able to do inspection of a truck himself?

Yes, but he should have some knowledge (how to find the damage accoeding to the behaviour of the truck, sensors and indicating lamps readings.)

Will the wheels get bigger at hot weather?

No, they won't. But one should keep an eye on the brake pads and to use engine brake more often, especially at descents.

ciypriyan
11-12-2007, 07:04 PM
when the game will be release? :D

Freak Of Nature
11-12-2007, 07:16 PM
how many times can you ask? they had already told 2008 :roll: if it change they'll inform us, read other treads before asking something, maybe there already is an answer ;)

roebedoes
11-12-2007, 07:29 PM
yes i become also a bit seak of all those questions about the release date (but i also am already a bit unpatient) BUT THEY HAVE TOLD 2008 so we have to wait. we can nothing do about it. so stop with the usless questions about the releasedate

later

robin
the netherlands

bakingcookies
11-12-2007, 10:55 PM
lmao, some of those questions are stupid. Who likes taxes in real life? Not me! :lol:

USA Driver
11-12-2007, 11:50 PM
Lol. Still won't answer the "what are the current system requirements" question.
If it's 2-3 months, they would've had a base to go by, by now.

Metzger28
11-13-2007, 03:17 AM
Interesting answers.

It's a shame the K100 won't be in the game - I understand it's out of production but why would Kenworth not allow you to use it? That's not hurting them any, especially if you bought the license. Hmm, oh well. Perhaps after the game comes out we might see it again.

GinXeng
11-13-2007, 04:33 AM
Even if they took out the k100 because its out of production, that means all the other trucks have to be removed too. They have taken soo long that all the trucks in the game are out of production.

polarexpress17
11-13-2007, 04:39 AM
exactly ginXeng, they have reshaped and redone EVERY truck in the game in real life. the game trucks look hardly anything like the real ones anymore.

thats bad

Evgeny
11-13-2007, 05:51 AM
Lol. Still won't answer the "what are the current system requirements" question.
If it's 2-3 months, they would've had a base to go by, by now.

Well, the requirements are:

Minimal:
Windows 2000/XP/Vista
Processor: 2.0 GHz
RAM: 1.0 Gb
Video card of nVidea GeForce 5700 128 Mb class
DirectX compatible audio card
HDD: 10 Gb
DirectX 9.0c

Recomended:
Windows 2000/XP/Vista
Processor: Intel Core Duo
RAM: 2.0 Gb
Video card of nVidea GeForce 8800 256 Mb class
DirectX 9.0c
Pedals, steering wheel.

Anatoly
11-13-2007, 05:55 AM
Final system requirements can be announced only after beta testing is over, bugs are fixed and code is optimized. Until this time they might change.

Metzger28
11-13-2007, 06:08 AM
exactly ginXeng, they have reshaped and redone EVERY truck in the game in real life. the game trucks look hardly anything like the real ones anymore.

thats bad

This is pretty much true, especially so for the Volvo, which was restyled in either 2005 or 2006.

GinXeng
11-13-2007, 07:42 AM
Recomended:
Windows 2000/XP/Vista
DirectX 9.0c
Pedals, steering wheel.

LMAO? I dont believe a game this old requires that much to run. A 8800? ROFL! I'll beleive that when I see DX10 graphics.

3dartpol
11-13-2007, 09:20 AM
GinXeng, if you read it stated: Recommended
if you don't know difference bettwin Recommended specification and Minimal
then you should read it again.
b.t.w 8800 it not only directx10 card it can run directx9c games too.

This site is best database over all video cards chips with extra info:
http://www.gpureview.com/
http://users.erols.com/chare/video.htm

bigbubba467
11-13-2007, 06:36 PM
Recomended:
Windows 2000/XP/Vista
DirectX 9.0c
Pedals, steering wheel.

this is great just because i have most to all the recommend requirement. I have 1 question when it says for processor : intel core duo. Does that mean no amd systems can run it. amd with duo core what requirements are those because i have a amd processor duo core and it is a 2.2ghz is that is required or not?

GinXeng
11-13-2007, 06:51 PM
GinXeng, if you read it stated: Recommended
if you don't know difference bettwin Recommended specification and Minimal
then you should read it again.
b.t.w 8800 it not only directx10 card it can run directx9c games too.

This site is best database over all video cards chips with extra info:
http://www.gpureview.com/
http://users.erols.com/chare/video.htmI know that 8800 is not just for DX10 becuase I know own 2 of them. What I'm saying is how can they they 5700 for minimal but recommend a 8800. That is too much of a big gap. If you can run it on a 5700 then a 8800 is a waste to run it on. From a 5700 to a 8800 is 2 generation skip on graphic cards.

polarexpress17
11-13-2007, 09:28 PM
an 8800 my ass

Flagman_20
11-13-2007, 10:09 PM
I know that 8800 is not just for DX10 becuase I know own 2 of them.

Want to give me one of yours? :D :D :wink:
Just kidding, I already have a 7600 GS 512 Megs, works fine for now :lol:

USA Driver
11-14-2007, 01:22 AM
Final system requirements can be announced only after beta testing is over, bugs are fixed and code is optimized. Until this time they might change.
Alright, thanks. Keep us posted. :)

Evgeny
11-14-2007, 07:16 AM
Well, guys, I've translated the interview of Igor Belago from the russian game website. Here are his answers, but not all of them, cause some were asked here and Igor has already answered them.

Will the game work under Windows Vista?

Yes, it wil.

Is there any sense to launch it under DirectX10?

No, the game won’t work better.

Will the game support selective gear of Logitech G25 type and TrackIR?

Yes there is already a support for Logitech G25 (super device! It the most worth one!). TrackIR will be also supported.

Will the game support 3840х1024 resolution for using of MATROX TrippleHead2GO?

The game is going to support two-monitor systems. But we can’t afford something more due to the austerity of video memory.

Will the game support 800x600 resolution particularly to be compatible with Z800?

This resolution is supported, although we want to give up on it.

Will the game support nVidea stereo driver and the like for AMD-ATI devices?

No, it’s not planned.

Will the game fully support the steering wheels of Logitech G25 type to let gamers fully use their potential? It means, to let the engine stall when you drop the clutch pedal or when you upshift gear, and to let a gamer double-push the clutch pedal if the gear box is worn out.

To implement all the possible features of a gear box one needs an exerciser of gear selector with Force Feedback. Unfortunately we haven’t come across such selectors.

Will there be HDR (High Dynamic Range) in the game?

It’s already done.

ciypriyan
11-14-2007, 05:46 PM
Recommended

* Система: Windows 2000/XP/Vista; System: Windows 2000/XP/Vista;
* Процессор: Intel Core 2 Duo; Processor: Intel Core 2 Duo;
* Память: 2,0 Гб; Memory: 2.0 GB;
* Видеокарта: класса nVidia GeForce 8800 с 256 Мб видеопамяти; Video: Class nVidia GeForce 8800 with 256 MB of video;
* Аудиокарта: DirectX-совместимая ; Audiokarta: DirectX- compatible;
* Дисковое пространство: 10 Гб свободного места; Disk space: 10 GB of free space;
* DirectX 9.0с. DirectX 9.0 with.
* Игровой руль, педали Game steering wheel, pedals
wtf , is a simple truck sim game and he want 2GB Memory for what ? and 10GB free space on HDD , for what ?what have special this game ?

bigbubba467
11-14-2007, 06:00 PM
Recommended

* Видеокарта: класса nVidia GeForce 8800 с 256 Мб видеопамяти; Video: Class nVidia GeForce 8800 with 256 MB of video;
* Дисковое пространство: 10 Гб свободного места; Disk space: 10 GB of free space;
wtf , is a simple truck sim game and he want 2GB Memory for what ? and 10GB free space on HDD , for what ?what have special this game ?
this isn't a simple truck sim otherwise it would of been out 5 years ago. that isnt much since now a days vista runs on 1gb and most new computers have 1-2gb already on it. you have to look at all the different graphics, trucks, all the cut scenes and add them together. It is really funny that u said that because since this is a simulator. most simulators are up and over that. This is no small truck game this is ur life in 2024 :lol:

Holland1994
11-14-2007, 07:26 PM
Recommended

this isn't a simple truck sim otherwise it would of been out 5 years ago. that isnt much since now a days vista runs on 1gb and most new computers have 1-2gb already on it. you have to look at all the different graphics, trucks, all the cut scenes and add them together. It is really funny that u said that because since this is a simulator. most simulators are up and over that. This is no small truck game this is ur life in 2024 :lol:

Yes you're right, but it was changed to 2011 :) no matters man.
The system recommended specs are really heavy, i see.

bigbubba467
11-14-2007, 10:55 PM
Questions to developers:

1. I see in all screenshots that there is only 1 character that is in all of the trucks. Do we choose who we want to be like a female, a fat guy and a skinny guy no pun intended i just don't know.

2. how many people are in the game because there is only roughly 5-8 people on rignrolls website. if not would it not be kinda lonely on the roads if california is so huge to compare with truck drivers.

3. Do we have any functions like in KOTR like for example the cb we can pay off police officers from stopping us, etc

4. Can we turn right on a red stop light with out getting a fine unless it is notified?

5. are there streets that trucks can not go down like in real life and be caught by the police.

6. How many drivers can you hire in your company?

That is it for now. i think :?
bigbubba467

bigbubba467
11-15-2007, 12:08 PM
sorry about the double post

acouple more questions:

1. Will us as user be able to inport songs in to rignroll like in pttm or anyother truck game or not. If so do you know what format it is in either ogg or other.

2. I dont see much of regular driving screenshots to a destination with a trailer all i am seeing is you are out 4 out of 4 or 2 out of 4. is that all or is there a regular

USA Driver
11-18-2007, 01:19 AM
Will the game support 800x600 resolution particularly to be compatible with Z800?

Wait. What? :shock: They want to give up 800x600?! :shock:
That's the only screen resolution I use. :?

bigbubba467
11-18-2007, 01:52 AM

Wait. What? :shock: They want to give up 800x600?! :shock:
That's the only screen resolution I use. :?

How dare them :shock: that is the one i use most of the time as well. :shock:

Pete379x
11-18-2007, 03:20 AM
eww if its only going to be 800x600 as Resolution im not getting this game lol :?!1440x900 is my best resolution for my monitor.

Edit: ohh okay i get it now,There will be better Res than 800x600?

bigbubba467
11-18-2007, 03:56 AM
eww if its only going to be 800x600 as Resolution im not getting this game lol :?!1440x900 is my best resolution for my monitor.

Edit: ohh okay i get it now,There will be better Res than 800x600?
ya i just need a new monitor then i will be fine i think :?

JOleg
11-18-2007, 03:09 PM
Questions to developers:

4. Can we turn right on a red stop light with out getting a fine unless it is notified?

5. are there streets that trucks can not go down like in real life and be caught by the police.

Good questions, I'd like to know the answers to these as well.

And as far as 800x600 goes, guys that's 20th Century. I mean come on, what's the point of demanding cutting edge graphics from developers if you're going to use the ole-grainy 800x600? I think you really need to get a new monitor/vid card :wink:

bigbubba467
11-18-2007, 11:07 PM
Questions to developers:

Good questions, I'd like to know the answers to these as well.

And as far as 800x600 goes, guys that's 20th Century. I mean come on, what's the point of demanding cutting edge graphics from developers if you're going to use the ole-grainy 800x600? I think you really need to get a new monitor/vid card :wink:

nope i got a good graphic card but not a great monitor
Crt Ibm

USA Driver
11-19-2007, 04:05 AM
I got a question for 1C. The barriers I see on some pictures on the interstates and highways that seem to block access to some ramps and stuff. Like the old ones in Los Angeles.
What are their purpose?

Road Construction or Temporary Closures?
"End of World" blockers, like in 18WoS: Convoy?
"Your route is this way" blockers(aka forcing to go 1 way)?

Would be ticked if they are "Your route is this way" blockers. As I was hoping if you have a load, you would be able to go any which way you want to get to your destination.

Bite your tounge sir. You act like 800x600 was "the best" back in the 90's.
It still is. There's no reason why developers won't support it.
I got a Geforce 7600GS, but I still use 800x600. Any bigger and it hurts my eyes.

JOleg
11-19-2007, 09:29 AM
You guys missed my point. I was not telling 800x600 was the best in 90's ... but if you think about it, it did was an awesome resolution back in the days - do you deny this fact? :wink:

What I was saying guys, is that it's not logical to use 800x600 nowadays when modern technologies offer cutting edge graphics which 800x600 res will not reflect to full extent.

With that said, though, I still do not understand what the problem is with supporting lower resolutions from developers point of view, since I somewhat know what is involved, and I know it's not a problem to implement the support for it ... for instance, there was one old game which had support only for 4 resolutions (640x480, 800x600, 1024x768 and 1280x1024 I think). Well time went ahead, game became old, PCs became more advanced and so the folks cried for more. I modified the EXE to support virtually any resolution they can think off, without actually owning the code of the game... just HEX-edited a couple of things, and now they are all happy campers having all resolutions.

What I'm saying is that developers just decide on their own what resolutions to incude in the drop-down selection box, but that not necessarily means there are some technological difficulties supporting lower resolutions... it's just that they don't want ... the SDK supports everything out of the box....

Oleg

Flagman_20
11-19-2007, 11:45 AM
I got a Geforce 7600GS

Copy cat :D :lol:

But, I agree with JOleg. What's the point in asking the developers fo good graphics if you aren't going to use them?

You're both stuck in the past (no offense :wink: ). Besides, a better resolution isn't such a big hit on FPS. On Flight Simulator X, I raised the resolution form 800x600 to 1240x1024 and only 1 framerate was lost.

bigbubba467
11-19-2007, 01:33 PM
well i dont use 800 x 600 much only when i am running more then 1 program and the part about being in the past when you have a wife and is newly wedd your money would be stripped of cash as well. Since i got married this year i really do not have the money to get somethings right now like a monitor.I would gladly switch over if you are willing to buy me a new monitor :D

Bigbubba467

Flagman_20
11-19-2007, 04:58 PM
Well bigbubba467, I'm saving to buy a new PC.
I'd be glad to give you my old monitor as long as you're willing to do a trans-atlantic trip :)

bigbubba467
11-19-2007, 10:47 PM
Well bigbubba467, I'm saving to buy a new PC.
I'd be glad to give you my old monitor as long as you're willing to do a trans-atlantic trip :)

thanks for the offer but i still believe that involves money unless ur paying for my trip as well :lol:

number9ark
11-20-2007, 01:04 AM
Im using a brand new pc with awsome card HD card HD monitor , and I find HD to not really impress me that much . More hype over braggin rights more than quality I think IMHO . I perfer my old pc with it's lower specs , it still runs everything i slap on it fairly easy , and it gives me more of a gamer feel . The old school feel I love.

bakingcookies
11-20-2007, 02:18 AM
Well, I used to have an old monitor that only supported 1024x768 max, and I can tell you right now I don't miss it at all. And if you think it doesn't improve your game, you need to get a new set of eyes because it increases the quality more than anything else. What do you guys play on your pc's that look better than a brand new montior? pong? Give me a break. 800X600 monitors should be recycled by now, they're probably going to give you eyeball cancer or some shit. If you use a crt monitor it might hurt your eyes, I use an lcd with the largest resolution and colors my monitor will support ans it's way easier on my eyes, I can spend hours playing a game on here and not get eye strain.

number9ark
11-20-2007, 03:32 AM
Higher resolutions doesnt improve the quality of any game , it doesnt improve the lame ass gameplay that the majority of these newer games have . it just " supposed to make them look better" it doesnt improve shit in the game engine or game play or phsyics . graphics is not everything .

trowland
11-21-2007, 07:12 AM
And having a shitty monitor does? What's your point?

if i read one more piece of "shit" like above i'm moving to different forum. no one gives a shit about moniters :evil: . mine woks it's an old hp

nicknackpaddywack
11-21-2007, 11:35 AM
Are we limited to only 6 speed gearboxes then?
(from the logitech G25 perspective) if more than 6 gears are needed then a range-change button could of been implemented? or am i just dreaming now?

and.... 1440x900 will do me just fine

nicknackpaddywack
12-02-2007, 08:37 AM
bump

Oompa Loompa_GUF
12-05-2007, 03:05 PM
I wont buy this game if there isnt a multiplayerpart...
That was the only reason that I would buy in the first place...

This really sucks...

Freak Of Nature
12-05-2007, 06:47 PM
It won't be there forget it :P

digit
12-06-2007, 09:21 AM
I wont buy this game if there isnt a multiplayerpart...
That was the only reason that I would buy in the first place...

This really sucks...

You not going to find a better truck game anywhere else so if your wanting a new game this is your only option and an excellent option too!