PDA

View Full Version : Consumers are Fed Up with This!!

bigbubba467
10-05-2007, 01:52 AM
Hi

I have to say as a consumer I am shocked at what has happened! This is not good enough. The constant changing of the dates of release of RignRoll. This has gone on for too long. You have to understand that we as consumers are getting not just fustrated but really upset! This game has been in development for many years and every year it is the same thing over and over. " Rig n Roll will be out this year " then it starts with it will be out Q1 Q2 Q3 Q4 and the year is over. This has been going on for too long. There are many people out there that really want this game. But because of they constant delaying of the game. Consumers like my self are just getting fed up and don't care about the game anymore. There is a couple of forums/ sites that have atleast 30,000 people and they are fed up and don't care if rig n roll will get release. These people would be that ones that Wouldnt buy the game. So that will be Over 30,000 consumers that will not buy the game. Every year your push it back and give us false hopes. YOU are losing peoples interest in the game which would then cause you to not have the profit that you would prefer.

I am just about to say forget it. It will never come out and i would not buy the game. I am serious about this!

bigbubba467
(if it is rude I am sorry but enough is enough)

Ubaku
10-05-2007, 01:58 AM
Sadly I would have to say I agree with you on this bigbubba. 5 years is kinda long for any game.

Pete379x
10-05-2007, 02:25 AM
Yeah i gotta agree with you also! Its been way to long they have been always delaying it enough is enough like you said.

roebedoes
10-05-2007, 06:00 AM
ok this is a serious problem BUT IT IS A VERY NICE GAME but 5 years is too long. scs soft (of the 18 wheels productions) has also a new trucking game under developing i hope this will take no 5 yearss
http://www.eurotrucksimulator.com/index.php

greetings
rig'n roll fan from holland

rmagnum2002
10-05-2007, 07:32 AM
ok this is a serious problem BUT IT IS A VERY NICE GAME but 5 years is too long. scs soft (of the 18 wheels productions) has also a new trucking game under developing i hope this will take no 5 yearss
http://www.eurotrucksimulator.com/index.php

greetings
rig'n roll fan from holland

SCS will release their game faster that's for sure, while 1C are making a good quality game, SCS released allready 4 trucking games (AA PTTM Convoy Haullin'), and that means they filled they bank account with a larger amount of money and 1C will not have this luck if RNR price will be 5 time bigger then any of 18WOS project, other wise RNR will be last trucking game that Igor's team will make due to low incoming in their pockets and no "cheat money" will help in real life. I think that every game publisher wants to see money coming from it, and SCS here have a good strategy, quantity not quality, a few changes from Convoy to Haullin and they have allready a new game. So their new project will be released in less then a year.

About RNR, they should not say anything about release date until they are sure to make it on time, so many releasing dates.... :?

trucknisse
10-05-2007, 09:02 AM
These guys obviously have never heard of Software Engineering. If they have a software engineer employed, they must have found the worst one that walk the face of the earth. I have no doubt that the individual developers in this game are good at what they do. The trailers and screenshots confirm this. Software engineering is not only about design, programming, modeling etc, but it also means to have a clearly defined process for how to design, implement,test and evaluate the product. Each step in this process must be clearly defined, and each step should have their own process, but they should be completely defined within the larger process. With a well defined process you already most test cases should already be completely defined before any implementation of code actually starts. Yes, this a LOT of work, but without doubt it pays off.
It is fairly obvious from the reports we've been getting from this project that they don't have a clearly defined process, or it does not work very well.

For example:
"We are developing the system of automatic error checks for the game."
Testing is one of the most important aspect of a software process, and a system for error checks should be completely defined before implementation starts. Or do they mean implementing the system of automatic error checks? Still, this is done at a very late stage.

"The game world has gone through technical testing (testing on the consistency of the objects in the game world), right now we are testing the characters of the game world."
This is good. This indicates they have a working test process.

"The development of missions is complete. We are testing it and fixing all the bugs."
"We are also finishing the different scenarios that will be possible in the game."
This is however, not good. This seems to indicate that they develop missions as the project goes along, and as they come up with new ideas. When you add features at a late stage in a project, there is a big risk this will have implications on other parts of the code and modules, meaning a lot more testing is needed that might trigger redesigns to optimize for the new solution.

Now, I must also say that developing a game world of this size is a huge task. It might very well be so that for the task at hand, they are way understaffed. 5 years for a project like this is just crazy. Missing a deadline is a strong indication that there was something wrong with the process, but happens most of the time as deadlines often are deliberately underestimated in order to get the project started in the first place. Imagine if someone you something like this: "We have just started developing a new truck simulator, and with our previous work in the business, it will be the best game ever... and you can expect it in stores just in time for the holiday season of 2012".
Well, these guys have missed the release date not once, twice, thrice, I don't know, but hey, they have missed it alright.

[/i]

Bombakas
10-05-2007, 09:51 AM
but look S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Shadow of Chernobyl is Ukraine developers game.That game was developed so long too six or seven years and they released this game.Im realy sure Rig 'n' Roll will be released too.

trucknisse
10-05-2007, 10:08 AM
I have no doubt whatsoever that the game will be released. I also think they are now back on track, after doing some serious wrestling with some things that took way too much time. I think we'll see a demo sometime around January/February. Mind! This is just my guess after reading their update reports.

bigbubba467
10-05-2007, 01:56 PM
I have no doubt whatsoever that the game will be released. I also think they are now back on track, after doing some serious wrestling with some things that took way too much time. I think we'll see a demo sometime around January/February. Mind! This is just my guess after reading their update reports.

We can only hope and yes they pushed the date again from 2007 it is on the 1c download site of Rig n Roll. It says 2008. Really guys what I am getting at is that. They should of told us from the beginning that this is a big project not saying every year it is this year and this or maybe next. if it is a 5 year project tell us up front. We are not 5 year old children. some of us are the same age or alittle under or alittle older. I honesty feel that they have just done this to try and keep our interest but the sad part is that they got our attention when they said that they are going to do a truck simulator! What they are doing now is just toying with us. I just want a straight answer like anyone else. Like We are working hard but the game will not be finished this year. and if they finish before then tell us. Instead of toying with us and saying this year and stuff all over again give us an estimate idea what they have left and how long it would take. Like We have a few bugs to fix and it should be release around march 2008. And in that give us afew new screen shots and that is it.

If it is not the year of 2008 then i will just pack up and leave because this is not fair for us

bigbubba467

JOleg
10-05-2007, 02:43 PM
bigbubba467 is right on every point. All is said, nothing to add. I personally don't expect in 2007, it's just not possible, so expect another Merry Christmas picture on official site without the released game.

Ubaku
10-05-2007, 03:02 PM
Excellent points bigbubba!!! All very true.

And yes 2008. :roll: http://www.1cpublishing.eu/game/rig-n-roll/overview

If we only knew it really is 2008 and not 2009, but what guarantee is there? What guarantee is there that its not 2010 or 2011?

Its like the little boy who cried wolf, everyone knows this fable. He lied once and no one ever believes him again.

Bombakas
10-05-2007, 03:36 PM
Excellent points bigbubba!!! All very true.

And yes 2008. :roll: http://www.1cpublishing.eu/game/rig-n-roll/overview

If we only knew it really is 2008 and not 2009, but what guarantee is there? What guarantee is there that its not 2010 or 2011?

Its like the little boy who cried wolf, everyone knows this fable. He lied once and no one ever believes him again. Evgeny says that game is finished and they test that game :D I never hear about ohter game is tested many years and trying test that to 2011 :D and ohter game was tested max three month and gone gold 8)

Ubaku
10-05-2007, 03:44 PM
I really hope you are right Bombakas. I personally believe that the game really will come out in a few months. But I don't know. I remember last year I said the same thing and nothing. I also said the same thing 2 years ago.

JOleg
10-05-2007, 03:47 PM
I really hope you are right Bombakas. I personally believe that the game really will come out in a few months. But I don't know. I remember last year I said the same thing and nothing.

I remember I strongly believed it would come out 100% in summer 2006 (that was Autumn 2005)... that did not happen, and that did not happen summer 2007 ... it's just crazy... how is that possible that the project is still being financed ... unbelievable.

Pete379x
10-05-2007, 05:53 PM
I bet that there saying its going to be released in 2008 then there going to delay it again and again as usual :evil:

64Pacific
10-05-2007, 07:36 PM
Hey,

I am thinking that it will be in stores for Christmas this year. It just seems like a logical time to release a game, you can hit the Xmas rush with an anticipated product.

bayonet
10-05-2007, 09:36 PM
Well, two things might turn out of this.

1. it will be an amazing game with a nice big map and lots of realism.
2. it's going to be a a good game, or atleast it would have been in 2003.

I just don't understand how a game could seriously take this long. They don't tell anyone jack shit, and they pushed the released for 4 quarters every year for the past how many years? this is just STUPID. I mean really stupid. It's......what do you call it..... A GONG SHOW. I hope the devs come in here and see some of these posts. Maybe we can get some real answers as to why this game took so long. I don't see why it would have to be a secret if they're having problems developing the game.....

64Pacific
10-05-2007, 09:59 PM
How about a chat session with the developers... But I am assuming they are Russian, which causes a problem for a Canuck like me!

Bombakas
10-05-2007, 10:05 PM
How about a chat session with the developers... But I am assuming they are Russian, which causes a problem for a Canuck like me!This free online translation is good for you and devs: http://www.online-translator.com/text.asp#tr_form

Trucksims
10-06-2007, 04:17 AM
I am very upset as well, not only did they lie to us about the release dates. Now they have removed a feature we all were looking forward too when they told us it was going to be in it, online mulitiplayer has been removed. So now they had problems with mulitiplay and decided to remove it rather then to try to fix it. So whats next? They cant fix the ai so it will be just you on the road.

taylor
10-06-2007, 04:51 AM
I'm angry and disappointed. The game can't be perfect so what happens when they do release it (if that ever happens) and the big bugs are found. How long are those going to take to patch it? Look at how many games SCS has released during the "development" of this ONE game! Sure, they may not be as good as quality but hey, they are still working games that have support! Look at the Euro simulator that is in development! I would be willing to bet money that it comes out before RnR does.

cVGhost
10-06-2007, 09:08 PM
no kidding, I'm a big fan of truck games since HT:18wos, addicted to games released by SCS soft (btw: scs are czech, well so am I! I'm at university, I study programming, and I would join their team, since they have the right stuff!), then I saw first screenshots of Rig n Roll, read througt the FAQ and I thought: "Wow! This is gonna be awsome!". That was in 2004/5 maybe? I just don't believe anymore that it's worth the wait, SCS is releasing the trucksim every year, usually september, now they are starting with a new "EURO" (hurray!) project so the release will take some time (entirey new map, new trucks), but you can see improvements in each and every version of the 18 WoS series (convoy was a bit of a downer though). I probably will play R'n'R once it is released,but I'm not willing to pay for it.
(btw: as stated on their website, the euro truck sim was started in early 2007, and as far as I can tell, they must be very close to it's release, remember how long the Bus Driver took?!:) )

trucknisse
10-06-2007, 10:13 PM
Well, about the multiplayer. I did a post a week ago about what I really wanted to see in multiplayer mode. The answer was that most of the features I wanted to see would be in there. Now there won't be a multiplayer. Uhh, they canceled it! But well, look at it this way:
They canceled it in order to release the game sooner. We all want it now! So, canceling the multiplayer might not be so bad after all, considering that their previous record clearly illustrates the fact that they don't know about the existence of the word deadline.

Now I'm not familiar with 1C patching policy. Are they the release and run guys? Or are they the Release and repatch guys? DICE (the battlefield series etc) is probably the company with the best patching policy in the game industry. With every patch, they don't just fix bugs, they also adds new content, and every battlefield game has received several new maps and vehicles in the patches. For free. See, there is nothing that says they will not release a multilayer patch. Just give them a few years. (I hope not).

digit
10-07-2007, 10:02 AM
But well, look at it this way:
They canceled it in order to release the game sooner. We all want it now! So, canceling the multiplayer might not be so bad after all

But it should not take this long to have multiplayer in this game!! Its not the first multiplayer ever in a game! It IS a bad thing they took it out. NO more secrets! WHY cant they tell us what is going on? we are buying the damn thing so we shoud know whats happening! Why should we buy the game if there not going to tell us anything about it? :x !

Towmanjt
10-15-2007, 03:39 AM
I see the administrators dont post here lol...

Alex Pianist
10-15-2007, 03:50 AM
Towmanjt What do you want them to write? "We are doing our best, and testing our huge game"? I'm fed up with this. Testing for last 2 years? Huh, that's not serious at all. They planned to release game in 2005, then they began their changing dates thing... I'm just fed up with this, especially after I saw how trailers are going behind the tractors... that has nothing to deal with the real trucks.
But still... we'll see what they will make. Now I'm very disapointed (forgive me for my spelling, I'm very tired to look into the dictionary)

Towmanjt
10-15-2007, 08:09 PM
I can understand why they dont want in this mess, BECAUSE THEY KNOW ITS TRUE....

Tinoo
10-16-2007, 10:09 AM
Im thinking maybe dont release it at all when you look it...It began work in 2004 and test last 2 years...Just playing with fans...

3dartpol
10-16-2007, 04:34 PM
SoftLab-NSK is a software development company post at their site
http://www.softlab-nsk.com/
and that lite info tell way ... they are not focusing on making games and are not game developers and will not have much time to work on games at first place...

Also I'm disappointed that they do not give support to patches for their old games...

We can not do noting that is how it is... In this world money comes first.

GargantulaKon
10-22-2007, 08:04 AM
I see the administrators dont post here lol...
Yes that is interesting. At least, they could not have set a release date at all so that consumers do not get fed up with "lies". The Gran Turismo series has the same problem with release dates. I almost totally forgot about this simulation and was about to buy 18 Wheels of Steel: Haulin' but then I found out that the same people who made Hard Truck 1 and 2 are making Rig'n'Roll so I am going to wait for this simulation. I am glad I found out about this simulation late since people have been waiting forever for this simulation it seems.

USA Driver
10-23-2007, 04:41 PM
I agree but also disagree with the OP. Basically, these delays are being caused by bugs.
You guys don't realize that they got several other games they are working on as well as this. They aren't going to take the time to work on just 1 game and be done with it, when they can be done with several at once.

I am also getting tired of no news on their site. But, what can we do? Boycott a game that hasn't been released yet? Seriously, what can we do?

number9ark
10-23-2007, 05:45 PM
There is no comparing 1c to scs . Scs is halfbaked noobs compared in quality of games , 1c has released many other TOP RANKED titles in the time frame also , nothing SCS has ever made can come equal to anything 1c does , 1c demos are better than SCS best complete title . apples to rocks . SCS has released 4 truck games but they all sucked . If and When RignRoll gets released you will all not even bother buying SCS trash any longer ..

GargantulaKon
10-23-2007, 06:21 PM
I am being patient since I know how hard it is to fix as many bugs as possible or adding content to games. I have worked on a video game before.

What other games are SoftLab-NSK working on?

On their Web site it looks like they are only working on DDClip Pro and DDTitle. They are not only a video game company so other software get priority it seems.

SCS games are not bad at all, I think, but Rig'n'Roll is going to be outstanding I think from my past experience with Hard Truck 2.

I thought that when Hard Truck 18 Wheels of Steel came out that it was released by the same developers of Hard Truck 1 and 2. I was tricked by the Web sites for the game. I thought that the developers moved to another company. The game is so similar to the original Hard Truck 2 so I thought it was a "Hard Truck 3".

chikenhauler1992
10-24-2007, 12:31 AM
im with you im starting to think that they are never even realease it cause they keep on moving it on and on and if they take any long im not sure if i will want it any more and i have all the 18 wheels of steel. So i hope they get there act straight

USA Driver
10-24-2007, 06:34 PM
SCS games are not bad at all,Don't make me laugh. Ever since the embarrassment of Convoy, it's been going downhill.
SCS can burn in hell for all I care. :twisted:

Ubaku
10-24-2007, 07:51 PM
I am also getting tired of no news on their site. But, what can we do? Boycott a game that hasn't been released yet? Seriously, what can we do?

We or rather I can write to Igor Belago. But since I recently emailed him I will not email him until early January.

GargantulaKon
10-24-2007, 07:51 PM
I have never tried Convoy that could be why I did not see SCS Software as a bad company. I tried Haulin', and it was not as horrible to me as you make it sound. Their other games that they make are OK, but could use more development time. I do not like the fact that there are so many 18 Wheels of Steel games that were released in short intervals. Seems like a money milker to me. They even used the Hard Truck name in the first version. I have not even bought one SCS Software semi game, but I know I will buy Rig'n'Roll for sure.

Did you use to work for SCS Software USA Driver (from reading your sig)?

Hard Truck: 18 Wheels of Steel
18 Wheels of Steel: Across America
18 Wheels of Steel: Pedal to the Metal
18 Wheels of Steel Convoy
TruckSaver
18 Wheels of Steel Haulin'
Euro Truck Simulator