PDA

View Full Version : That pesky Chat window solution

minus10
03-31-2011, 10:47 AM
I've seen a few posts around various boards about the Chat Window top left.

Closing it is easy: Alt-RClick, close window.

But what if you want to move it? Well I found if I used the customise window option and made the title visible, the title bar was still off screen to the top so I couldn't grab it to move it.

Solution:

***WARNING***
This makes your configUser local to your PC and will clear any settings you may have made already. If you want to edit your config file by hand and tweak then do this and after you are completely happy, and want/need Cloud config, turn it back on

Go to steam and get up IL2 properties (Library, game, r-click properties, updates tab and turn off Enable Steam Cloud synchronisation)

Navigate to your local config, typically (under Vista):

C:\Users\{user}\Documents\1C SoftClub\il-2 sturmovik cliffs of dover

Take a copy of confUser.ini to be safe and then edit original. Scroll to bottom to [ChatWindow] section and look for the line starting 3: that has

-1=-posSize '0.002 0.000 0.460 0.186' -titleStr "Info. Window 1"

(start of line is a window number identifier, 3: by default I think)

Change those coords (they are x,y,width,depth). I adjusted mine to

-1=-posSize '0.002 0.005 0.460 0.186' -titleStr "Info. Window 1"

Save and exit.

Now back in game when you turn on the window header (alt-rlclick, Customise info window 1, left pane, select Hidden to right of Title, select Visible from drop down) you should be able to grab the window header and move it. Resizing is achieved by turning the border on. Set title and border to hidden when the position is good and you're done.

Tip: When you are placing the window title bar, leave it on screen as when it is made hidden the window goes up the height of the title bar.

Note: much like the tips for turning off the epilepsy filter before the option was made public, editing the config under Steam does no good. Likewise, if you have Steam Cloud synch on, it won't work either.

norulz
03-31-2011, 12:16 PM
but how to remove the subtitles?

Deadstick
03-31-2011, 12:44 PM
Thanks minus10!

Subtitles in IL 2 were also in the config file, it was something like : NoSubtitle= 1 (OR =0 if you wanted them on), I suspect it will be similar for this game.

EDIT: I just had a look at the configs and could see nowhere to disable Subtitles. Maybe it is in the game menu, and I missed it.

norulz
03-31-2011, 01:03 PM
nope... I didn't find it