PDA

View Full Version : Il-2 Cliffs of Dover and Triple Head

tf_neuro
03-31-2011, 08:54 AM
Hi, new guy here but old IL-2 1946 player.
I have Triple Head and I'm very happy with it, especially in the old IL-2 with its Use3Renders=1 option, which combined with SaveAspect=1 gives me exactly the view I was hoping for when I got Triple Head.
Other sims like MS's one and 777's RoF dont have the handy Use3Renders option but at least they let you zoom out quite a lot, which isnt really as good as Use3Renders but still kind of acceptable.

In IL-2 CoD however, I tried adding the lines Use3Renders=1 and SaveAspect=1 but the game ignored them, and the worst part is that nowhere in the UI could I find any 'Zoom-in/Zoom-out' control.

As it looks like right now, all I can do is to set FoV to 30, 70, or 90 degrees... but that spans over the whole 3-monitor set, resulting in a view that is comparable to... imagine a regular 4:3 monitor, very large but still 4:3. Now imagine it divided in 3 horizontal slices, each 1/3 of the screen's height. All I see is the middle 'slice'.

I refuse to believe that a modern game like CoD doesnt accomodate the needs of Triple head users (most of which BTW are flight sim freaks like myself). There must be a way, but... how?

Please help me with this issue, and please consider the possibility of making setup easier for Triple Head users.
Thanks
Luke (neuro)

Eckhart
03-31-2011, 09:28 PM
Similar problem here with Nvidia surround setting on a triple screen (5760x1080) setup. No zoom? similar bunker view as Luke?
:confused::confused::confused:

Help

Eckhart

tf_neuro
03-31-2011, 10:32 PM
some answers here (http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?p=247385&posted=1#post247385) <= click