PDA

View Full Version : Is anybody going to use projectors?

JOleg
10-04-2007, 01:05 PM
Hi,

Just thought I'd ask if anybody is going to use projectors instead of monitors to play Rig'n'Roll ? They are expensive but maybe somebody already owns one. I'm sure it will give a whole new experience while playing something as global as Rig'n'Roll. I will also connect the PC to my two 1500W speakers :lol:

I'm just thinking of buying one (projector) but after I found out the lamps don't live long enough in them, I am not in a hurry. Can anybody confirm this too?

Oleg

Oliwerko
10-04-2007, 01:51 PM
If it was so great, all gamers would now have projectors, I think. :D

JOleg
10-04-2007, 02:27 PM
:) Well it is great, I'm just repeating that they are expensive. One such normal projector costs as much as a super modern and powerful PC (or maybe simply 2 powerful PCs). Would you buy one? :lol:

Oliwerko
10-04-2007, 02:36 PM
Well, it is expensive, and it is not that practical to play a game on one I think. You have to move your head a lot, and you need *PERFECT* conditions to have a clear output, like dark in the room, good wall, etc...

JOleg
10-04-2007, 02:52 PM
I believe this depends on the projector quality. I've seen ones which project the picture very well even in bright rooms. The head movement should be minimized by sitting as far as possible .. and btw, big screen is somewhat better in the sense that your pupils will be moving instead of staring at a 17" monitor spot. But anyway, practical or not practical, I'd love to play with one 8)