PDA

View Full Version : SoW:BoB?

Jagdwaffe
10-04-2007, 01:37 AM
Hallo Kameraden!

So this would be the place to read any updates on SoW:BoB seeing as there's nothing being said anywhere that I know of...confirmation of November 2007 release date or March 2008 or what? Can't see why we can't be informed.

heywooood
10-04-2007, 03:34 AM
its because of the 'eye burny yellow' (tm) that you can't see why....

they wrote it all down in eye flamey yellow on top of the 'eye burny yellow' (tm) so you couldn't see

pretty clever eh?

I can see it - it says more infos for you in.....2.......weeks.......*thud*

Jagdwaffe
10-04-2007, 04:18 AM
I am hoping for a serious reply at some point with the info we should have...

choctaw111
10-04-2007, 06:29 PM
This thread was not locked for a reason. Here's for a hearty bump! :wink:

carguy_
10-04-2007, 06:44 PM
IBTL?

heywooood
10-05-2007, 12:00 AM
if UBI wont let Oleg talk about SoW then he can't talk about SoW - I am sure that goes for everywhere...hows that?

non disclosure is non disclosure

that being said - our 1c mod did say that any news would likely be posted on the official 1c boards as soon as it was available - I take that to mean here before the UBI boards -

96th_Nightshifter
10-05-2007, 03:14 AM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v216/96th_Nightshifter/96th_NightshifterSOWBoBsmall.jpg

Seriously though, no matter how long it takes I'll be buying it. As so many have said before it's better that it takes longer to be released than gets released early full of bugs.

Jagdwaffe
10-05-2007, 10:28 AM
I think that IC are going to release SoW:BoB themselves which would explain why the blanket of silence is happening while they go through the legal and distrubition stuff. Afterall why would IC create the new forum if not to get away from the Ubi site where they can release pix and info - at this new site...
Just a theory.

1./ZG15_FALKE
10-05-2007, 08:40 PM
It would be very nice if 1C could change her way to keep the community informed.

At least a hint wether SWO:BOB is going to be released in 2007 OR 2008 would be nice.

Just imagine that one has to plan ones budget for stuff that´s not really necessary to live e.g. a new PC ...
:twisted:

flox
10-05-2007, 09:59 PM
I think that IC are going to release SoW:BoB themselves which would explain why the blanket of silence is happening while they go through the legal and distrubition stuff. Afterall why would IC create the new forum if not to get away from the Ubi site where they can release pix and info - at this new site...
Just a theory.

That's just what I was thinking. The opening of this new official 1C forum is an interesting development, to say the least.

carguy_
10-05-2007, 10:07 PM
Seriously though, no matter how long it takes I'll be buying it. As so many have said before it's better that it takes longer to be released than gets released early full of bugs.

So selfish you are.Think about others having to wait additional year after release for their planes you must.

Triad773
10-05-2007, 10:56 PM
Hallo Kameraden!

So this would be the place to read any updates on SoW:BoB seeing as there's nothing being said anywhere that I know of...confirmation of November 2007 release date or March 2008 or what? Can't see why we can't be informed.

To quote an old Baptist phrase

Hallelujah!

heywooood
10-06-2007, 02:07 AM
hmmm maybe UBI's trademark debacle that set 1c back a big chunk of $$ after the release of PF has soured the relationship to the point that 1c IS breaking away.

I guess the old gag order at UBI boards is not in effect here then?

So - will SoW be able to include US equipment that is 'trademarked' ?

and can we talk about that issue here? - What happened to those models that were not included or added into PF - were some of them completed but not allowed to be released due to UBI's infringment?

If so - can they be included down the road?
Some people might be interested in keeping teh '46 around a long while if there were proper torp planes and carriers and such released for it

Triad773
10-06-2007, 02:53 AM
What ever 'encumbrances' involved, discuss them where deemed appropriate and its assured not a lock.

How about something more appropriate: the azaleas** are doing very well this year, thanks to global warming :P

P.S.-I live near Chicago, IL- no need to move to sunbelt- it will soon enough come to us :)

**= http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Azalea

DKoor
10-06-2007, 07:48 AM
So - will SoW be able to include US equipment that is 'trademarked' ?That's your first question to Oleg, sir :D

Bearcat
10-06-2007, 01:14 PM
hmmm maybe UBI's trademark debacle that set 1c back a big chunk of $$ after the release of PF has soured the relationship to the point that 1c IS breaking away.

and can we talk about that issue here? - What happened to those models that were not included or added into PF - were some of them completed but not allowed to be released due to UBI's infringment?

Some people might be interested in keeping teh '46 around a long while if there were proper torp planes and carriers and such released for it

It would be nice to get a cockpit for the Avenger before it is all said and done....

DKoor
10-06-2007, 01:26 PM
Yes and add B5N pit to the short list too 8)

1.JaVA_Sharp
10-06-2007, 01:55 PM
for my first post, is a flyable Pby Catalina too much too ask?

fly_zo
10-06-2007, 02:03 PM
i know it's kind of silly but i will add flyable Ju 52 (Tante Ju) on that dreamlist, i always liked that plane ...

Z

heywooood
10-06-2007, 04:27 PM

It would be nice to get a cockpit for the Avenger before it is all said and done....

...all I really wanted from the beginning from PF was a flyable Avenger..

bigbossmalone
10-06-2007, 05:16 PM
More BOB questions for Oleg/1C:
What new features can we expect to see in BOB that we don't have in iL2?
We already know of dynamic weather, 6DOF...anythiing else you can share with us that will be new, any new surprises that we can expect that you might not want to tell us about now?
Please, I must know, I'm starting to salivate already at the thought of this new sim... :lol:
Thanks in advance

Jagdwaffe
10-07-2007, 01:31 AM
Looking forward to the anti-shipping role...no more arcade IL2 ships. As I understand it BoB shipping will have highy detailed damage modelling. I really hope the a.i. guns are not ridiculously accurate as in IL2.

Evgeny
10-08-2007, 07:35 AM
Well the Oleg's Room is opened, so you can ask the questions in this section. Thank you in advance.

Oleg Maddox
10-08-2007, 09:12 AM
Hallo Kameraden!

Yes. I will post soon

fly_zo
10-08-2007, 10:11 AM
You have no idea how excited we all are seeing your name again :D :D

thanks for this forum and for your time Mr. Oleg

Zoran

Jagdwaffe
10-08-2007, 11:19 AM
Thank you for answering Oleg. Looking forward to receiving any news you have for us.

kristorf
10-08-2007, 04:05 PM
Ready when ready I suppose is the best we can hope for at the mo..... :cry:

96th_Nightshifter
10-09-2007, 01:02 AM
Thanks for posting Oleg, we will all look forward to any information you are able to share.

proton45
10-09-2007, 06:58 AM
Yes. I will post soon

Wow... :shock: :shock: :shock:

SFM-SPIT
10-09-2007, 11:01 AM
Hi All..

I've seen many well known names.. here.. Always the same wild bunch of guy's :D

Hope read soon good news about SoW:BoB...

For IL2 it's the end of path... ( In few Years :wink: )

As anyone we hope soon release of BoB.. but i prefer a release last 2008 or even early 2009 ..
Must let time to time

I'm sad to see no info about progress of Bob as i was involved in beta test of Forgotten Battle and after with Ubi in PF.. that was a brught time of preview.. And now.. too few.. infos..

I thing it's not a good thing for the future.. Many fans seem to progressively have less interrest for the future..
:cry:

A wish?

As for long time... French Planes.. not many.. at least 2 or 3.. :wink:

Evgeny
10-09-2007, 11:07 AM
Hi, SFM-SPIT. One of the aims of launching this forum was exactly to bring you the info, and here is Oleg Madox's Room and Oleg Maddox's News, that was opened few days ago. Oleg Maddox, the head of development team will post there the news and updates and abswer the questions. You can ask him any question concerning the games.

csThor
10-09-2007, 11:16 AM
Do not be confused, Evgeny. The complete lack of information has made people a bit edgy and cranky plus it started rumors about the relationship between Ubisoft (where "Oleg's Ready Room" already exists as a message board) and 1C. On top of that 1C's deal with Atari concerning publishing in the West has added to these rumors and so did the opening of this very board here. People are wondering what the h*ck is going on and can't shake the feeling that it might not be alltogether positive. :?

SFM-SPIT
10-09-2007, 11:30 AM
Hi Evgeny

As said by Thor.. the actual situation is a bit confused.. and the lack of infos add to the confusion...

If this room open now it's a real good new.. If we have some infos about future it will be really good

Evgeny
10-09-2007, 11:33 AM
I understand you and Oleg's Room was opened to provide you with new information. Hope you'll be satisfied.

Foo'bar
10-09-2007, 11:39 AM
Just let's wait and hope and pray ;) At least he did already one post here...

SFM-SPIT
10-09-2007, 11:55 AM
:) Waiting is not a real problem.. In past we have awaiting long time the first IL2 .. we fly EAW in these times.. and founded the virtual Normandie Niemen Squad... right in the museum Normandie Niemen in France.. :D

But we have many screens and infos.. so awainting was not a great problem.. It's not same thing today.. We miss info since long time as if nothing will hapen..

Now if this forum is the INFO Point for SoW we will come often, and relay on our own site the info and send visitors here ( only english reading.. not too many in france)

Evgeny
10-09-2007, 12:02 PM
Well, thank you in advance, that would be very nice of you. If you have any thoughts concerning the games and this forum, feel free to express them.

FlatSpinMan
10-09-2007, 12:12 PM
Evgeny - you have the patience of a saint. Not just in regard to this thread I should add, but just all the mayhem that has followed the arrival of the IL2 fans.
Good luck and keep up the excellent Moderating work.

Evgeny
10-09-2007, 12:15 PM
Thank you, FlatSpinMan, it's pleasant to hear such words. Happy to work for you. :wink:

1stCL/Johann
10-09-2007, 12:32 PM
Hello Oleg, how are you?I am fajn.I am grazy of your game IL2, I am from czech pilots comunite.We playing your game . I think that this game
is very old :cry: , but good. :lol:
Can you write me ,when start new your game BOB?Thank you very much for your information.Have nice day for you 1stCL/Johnn from Czech Republick.

Evgeny
10-09-2007, 12:35 PM
Hi, 1stCL/Johann. Nice to meet you at our forum. There is special section, where every one can ask Oleg about anything concerning the games and say his thanks to Oleg. So, please post such things in that section. It's called Oleg Maddox's Room.
Thank you in advance.

1stCL/Johann
10-09-2007, 12:50 PM
Hi, 1stCL/Johann. Nice to meet you at our forum. There is special section, where every one can ask Oleg about anything concerning the games and say his thanks to Oleg. So, please post such things in that section. It's called Oleg Maddox's Room.
Thank you in advance.

Thank you for your quick message. Why you don´t say about my question.Do you have any information about BOB??Please tell me
some think. Thank you ... :wink:

Evgeny
10-09-2007, 12:55 PM
Well, please, post your questions in corresponding section (I mean Oleg Maddox's Room, and I think Oleg will answer your questions soon) and try ask in more detail. What exactly are you interested in?

Foo'bar
10-09-2007, 01:03 PM
I think he's asking about things like

- current development state,
- at least some trivial screenshots.

;)

Well, what we all would like to know...

1stCL/Johann
10-09-2007, 01:39 PM
Well, please, post your questions in corresponding section (I mean Oleg Maddox's Room, and I think Oleg will answer your questions soon) and try ask in more detail. What exactly are you interested in?
Can you tell me when BOB will be in the shop? Which will be need BOB
configuration PC.Thank you ... :P

heywooood
10-11-2007, 12:48 AM
Hallo Kameraden!

Yes. I will post soon

I hope this post was by Oleg Maddox....on the old boards he had 'ViP' under his name...there were imposters.

Jagdwaffe
10-11-2007, 01:10 AM
I am sure Evgeny would be aware of that - if it wasn't Maddox he would have removed that post and the profile.

Evgeny
10-11-2007, 05:53 AM
Certainly, it was Oleg. He will come here soon and post more, he's very busy person, actually.

DD_crash
10-11-2007, 09:06 AM
Certainly, it was Oleg. , he's very busy person, actually.
I bet he is! :D

Asheshouse
10-15-2007, 09:45 AM
Will the AI performance of planes v. ships be greatly improved in BoB.

The Battle of Britain really started over the beaches of Dunkirk. If the navy had not been successful in extracting most of the expeditionary force then there would have been little or nothing left to defend the coast of Britain.
So I hope that the campaign will start with the defence of the evacuation fleet over Dunkirk and actions between Stukas and destroyers, and plenty of the "Little Ships" This action really turns BoB on its head. Its the RAF that have the disadvantage of limited flying times over the beaches and the prospect of limping back over the channel in damaged planes. And you need to balance conservation of planes and pilots over the need to extract as much of the army as possible.

After Dunkirk of course we move straight onto the convoy battles in the Dover Straits. More plane v ship action.

Hopefully we will see realistic defensive manouvering by ships, and we wont see a column of ships all sinking because they all run into the ship which is sinking at the head of the line. Intelligent avoiding action is required. In the mission builder it will be good to be able to assemble fleets and then to plot their course as a single unit with the AI taking care of individual ship position keeping.

I guess this is too much to ask for, but what about dynamic tides, with the sea level dropping to expose the vast areas of sand flats around the mouth of the Thames and the Goodwin Sands. If you can have dynamic weather why not dynamic tides?

mwolf
10-15-2007, 10:43 AM
Can you tell me when BOB will be in the shop? Which will be need BOB
configuration PC.Thank you ... :P
anything on this issue?

thank you

Evgeny
10-15-2007, 10:50 AM
Well, you can ask Oleg in his Room.

stockplane
04-23-2009, 03:46 PM
Hallo to all!

I'm interesting in SOW BOB but in official site of Maddox Games there is not
so i am searching it via internet but is not possible buy it and download too.
Where is possible to get this add-on?
Thanks for anykindest reply.

Feuerfalke
04-23-2009, 04:06 PM
SOW: BOB is no addon.

It was first planned to be a further addon for IL2, then it was decided to create the Battle of Britain as first theater of war for a completely new engine: Storm of War.

It's been in development just short over 2 years, now, and it has not been officially announced by a distributor. So you won't find it on UBI-Sites and/or Maddox Games.

For the same reason news are a bit thin, though you can find a lot of screenshots and some videos of certain features of the new game and a couple of interviews and Q&As.

Be sure to check out these threads for further details:
http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=2040&page=1

http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=6909

virre89
04-23-2009, 04:11 PM
SOW: BOB is no addon.

It was first planned to be a further addon for IL2, then it was decided to create the Battle of Britain as first theater of war for a completely new engine: Storm of War.

It's been in development just short over 2 years, now, and it has not been officially announced by a distributor. So you won't find it on UBI-Sites and/or Maddox Games.

For the same reason news are a bit thin, though you can find a lot of screenshots and some videos of certain features of the new game and a couple of interviews and Q&As.

Be sure to check out these threads for further details:
http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=2040&page=1

http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=6909

If i don't recall wrong it's been in development between 3-4 years.
Also footage was seen on 1946 disk from Storm of War.

KG26_Alpha
04-23-2009, 06:54 PM
BoB SOW web site developer gets a ticking off !!!!!

HERE (http://www.grapheine.com/bombaytv/index.php?module=see&lang=uk&code=39092526f22acfedc8b3af200c19bb90)

Tree_UK
04-23-2009, 09:11 PM
:grin::grin::grin::grin: very good.

Feuerfalke
04-23-2009, 09:21 PM
If i don't recall wrong it's been in development between 3-4 years.
Also footage was seen on 1946 disk from Storm of War.

That's pretty often claimed, but it is wrong:

Q: Oleg, considering that your progress with Battle of Britain is over 60%, as you’ve said, we’re getting the impression that working on BoB is taking too long, for example compared to Il-2. Is that correct?

A: I wouldn’t say that. Il-2 Sturmovik was in development for 4 years before its 2001 release. First we built the engine, then everything else. Then we continued making various improvements and built a new 3D engine (the Perfect mode that shipped with Forgotten Battles was in fact a whole new 3D engine). All this work took another 4 years before Il-2 1946. That’s a total of 8 years, 4 of them spent on updates and expansions.

We initially wanted to make Battle of Britain on the Il-2 engine. However that would be the last thing we could do with it. And then what? The engine was beginning to show its age by that time, despite many revolutionary features which Il-2 brought to the genre in 2001, and which many developers have tried to replicate since. By 2005 we’ve finally realized that we had to build a new engine. First only one person worked on it, then two, all while continuing to work on Il-2 as well. We’ve really switched over to BoB only after all work on Il-2 was completed, i.e. in 2007. So BoB’s only been in development for 2 years now. It isn’t all that much compared to all the goals we’re trying to achieve. The tasks at hand are enormous. We want to outdo ourselves, and of course all those who claim that they’re better than Il-2 (which they finally get to claim years after we’ve stopped all work on the product). So far we haven’t even spent the time on BoB that we spent making the original Il-2.

Speaking of other developers, we’ve given one team the entire Il-2 source code a long time ago, and they were supposed to release their sim even before 1946 in order to turn a profit. However they decided instead to make their own engine, etc. It still drags on, so how long has that been in development now? I hope this example makes it clear to everyone that anything not based on an existing engine takes a lot of time.

http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=6494

Tree_UK
04-23-2009, 09:33 PM
How can that be wrong?? on the the Mystic Puma video in Birmingham It was clearly said that they were hoping for a November release that same year, its obvious to everybody and his dog that development of this project has been going on for 3 yrs or more.

virre89
04-23-2009, 09:47 PM
I understand your quote Feaurfalke but it doesn't claim SoW have been in development only 2 years. Remember they also co-developed it while still working on IL2 so it's kinda hard to estimate.

However if two years is the precise number than it's no wonder that the sim is not out yet, a decent game takes at least 3 years of development and counting the dev time for IL2 it won't be reaching us until earliest 2010.

Chivas
04-23-2009, 10:42 PM
BOB's first possible release date was announced by Oleg for the end of 2005, but realized the IL-2 engine would have to be replaced.

BOB SOW with the new game engine was announced by UBI in May 2006 with a release date of Nov 2006. ( We haven't heard anything from UBI since.)

The developer and publisher must have figured that BOB SOW wasn't possible on 2006 computer systems, but there was still money to be made on IL-2 engine addons. So they concentrated most of the developers crew on addons like Pacific Fighters, Pe-2, IL-2 1946 etc. With only one or two people working on the SOW in that time.

Work on SOW began in earnest in 2007 after the release of IL-2 1946.

Many people mistakenly believe that the game is only 60% finished. Its the game features that are only 60% finished. I would imagine the game engine is mostly done as are a very large percentage of the planes and objects.

Feuerfalke
04-23-2009, 10:55 PM
I understand your quote Feaurfalke but it doesn't claim SoW have been in development only 2 years. Remember they also co-developed it while still working on IL2 so it's kinda hard to estimate.

However if two years is the precise number than it's no wonder that the sim is not out yet, a decent game takes at least 3 years of development and counting the dev time for IL2 it won't be reaching us until earliest 2010.

It doesn't?

"We’ve really switched over to BoB only after all work on Il-2 was completed, i.e. in 2007."

At that time work on the real new engine started. 2009 - 2007 = 2 years.

Indeed it is no wonder why it is not out yet, but some people seem to know better than Oleg himself and of course, they rather listen to a years old publishers advertisement than to the actual statements from the one making the game...
The kind of "buahh, you promised me the candy if I'd be patient for a week - YOU PROMISED!"

And as the engine is ready, the rest is taking less time. Maybe another year, who knows. At least they are working very hard to get it done quickly and even the Project Galba-Team is now working with Oleg's team to get it finished as soon as possible.

Still some people have the wood not only in their names.

Tree_UK
04-23-2009, 11:15 PM
Feuerfalke, read Chivas's post again. Its simple maths.

Skarphol
04-24-2009, 06:52 AM
Me too think Chivas has it fairly much covered.
That said; the information we get is so scarce and sketchy that it is impossible to be certain of anything IMO. I'm amazed by the way some people post statements that are allmost presented as facts while they really must be assumptions and guesses.

Skarphol

Feuerfalke
04-24-2009, 03:06 PM
Well, the only thing we can do is reading Olegs statements, posts, updates and Q&As.

But it's not always easy to take his statements as statements and his estimates and wishes as estimates and wishes. And it's even harder to take them what they are, discuss and share them on a neutral basis, when you are talking about something some people want or even claim to need or deserve.

But the main turbulences across the boards mostly comes from people who mix these things up, take estimates as facts, no matter how clear Oleg makes it's his wish or his estimate, yes, even take 3rd party wishful thinking as fact, to support their claims.

nearmiss
04-24-2009, 05:25 PM
We are all in the same boat.

I am so waiting for the SOW.

mazex
04-24-2009, 05:47 PM
I work too many hours every week managing a development department, but I sometimes find the time posting and reading here... Weird... Five months now since the last appearance of our bronze idol ;)

But wait, watching Olegs profile after posting to see that I was not exaggeragating the "five moths" rant, I saw this under Olegs user:

Last Activity: Yesterday 04:18 PM

Ahh, he's out there, watching us! ;)

nearmiss
04-24-2009, 06:53 PM
I work too many hours every week managing a development department, but I sometimes find the time posting and reading here... Weird... Five months now since the last appearance of our bronze idol ;)

But wait, watching Olegs profile after posting to see that I was not exaggeragating the "five moths" rant, I saw this under Olegs user:

Last Activity: Yesterday 04:18 PM

Ahh, he's out there, watching us! ;)

People tell Oleg all the time what they want. It's all over this site, and every other IL2 forums.

Oleg doesn't lack for input from users, whether it's sensible or nonsense.

Abbeville-Boy
04-24-2009, 08:52 PM
he could have said hi all :grin:

virre89
04-24-2009, 09:44 PM
It's not that people don't trust him i am sure they do.
But the faith is clearly blurry when he says that he is too busy to post an update on a forum every at least 2 or 3rd month or finish an interview etc or even just stop by and inform everyone that everything is on track.

It doesn't add up that he doesn't have enough time to do that.
Doesn't matter if you're working full time job or anything it would take 5 min of a coffe break , freetime or whatever it's not like a huge thing unless you're putting together a trailer or something for promotion purpose.

mazex
04-24-2009, 11:47 PM
It's not that people don't trust him i am sure they do.
But the faith is clearly blurry when he says that he is too busy to post an update on a forum every at least 2 or 3rd month or finish an interview etc or even just stop by and inform everyone that everything is on track.

It doesn't add up that he doesn't have enough time to do that.
Doesn't matter if you're working full time job or anything it would take 5 min of a coffe break , freetime or whatever it's not like a huge thing unless you're putting together a trailer or something for promotion purpose.

Yes, that's exactly my point too. I don't expect Oleg to spend time participating in tedious debates at forums regarding fw190 bars or .50 caliber effectiveness like in the old days, but three lines of text every month or so telling the project status would be nice. It really takes five minutes - you can't call that spoiling you cutomers... ;)

Copy paste below to save the 45 seconds it would take writing it (post every month, just change the month):

Hi everyone!

Short status report for April 2009.

Like last month we are making steady progress with SoW:BoB! Don't loose your faith!

/Oleg

Tree_UK
04-25-2009, 08:01 AM
100% agree, the very idea that Oleg is working so hard that he does not even have the time to give us a status update, or even just say "Hi" is frankly getting very tiresome.

Skarphol
04-25-2009, 09:57 AM
Now, I don't remember every post by Oleg on this and other forums, but I can't remember that he has ever said that he don't have the time to post updates or small reports. Has he?

Skarphol

Tree_UK
04-25-2009, 10:04 AM
According to Simhq Oleg is too busy to do the promised interview, of course if he isn't to busy then one can only assume he has nothing new to show us.