PDA

View Full Version : There will be an editor ?

funkybax
03-30-2011, 07:46 PM
Or there will be a way to export the new units to mow or mowas ?

Tigerium
07-24-2011, 08:12 PM
There will be an editor ;)

I wouldn't understand why they wouldn't keep the GEM in the new game ...
The GEM is active since Faces of War [As far as I remember] .

benson
08-27-2011, 05:40 PM
No disrespect to Tigerium but it would be nice if someone like Instinct or Sneaksie were to confirm an Editor. Whether I get the game or not depends on the inclusion of one.

D_D
09-08-2011, 08:38 PM
No editor it looks like. :( Just installed from Getgamesgo.com. At least no editor executable. (Can't launch the game yet, could download/install but they haven't sent the key since it isn't "Released" yet.)

djsatane
09-09-2011, 07:03 AM
if mow vietnam has no editor and no mod support then this is the end of great mow series as we know it, shame on 1c.

Sneaksie
09-09-2011, 07:15 AM
There is no editor in Vietnam; you can however import game assets using MoW1 or MoW: AS editor.

Squid3d
09-09-2011, 07:23 AM
And 1c are ok with sharing all their assets with assault squad users ?

Sneaksie
09-09-2011, 09:37 AM
Non-commercial modding is allowed of course.

Squid3d
09-09-2011, 10:05 AM
while it's no substitute for a mow:v gem version it's appreciated nonetheless.

djsatane
09-09-2011, 04:16 PM

how if the mods tab is removed?

Slitten2012
09-10-2011, 06:40 AM
Hey, How would i import Vietnams assests to mow/mow:AS editor? cheers.

Kastrenzo
09-10-2011, 09:35 AM
Sadly it is not as easy as copying the resource folder over to a modfolder. like in Red Tide

I was able to bring most of the content into AS game by copying individual groups of items but it's difficult becasue there is a lot of recycled items, and they arent foldered properly sometimes.

also for AS, I had to basically make my own scripts for the weapons because MOW and MOWAS use different coding format

if this sounds too complicated for you just cross your fingers and hope 1C gets their head out of their ass

SniffeSniff
09-11-2011, 04:09 PM
There is no editor in Vietnam; you can however import game assets using MoW1 or MoW: AS editor.

Could you or someone be nice and explain how to do this, step by step?. Or maybe someone could give me a link to either a guide or a video on how to do this?.

I think there's more than just me that would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks.

kane1
09-11-2011, 10:02 PM
Hopefully it will be as easy as copy/paste the MoW Editor into the main game folder of MoWV like you can for MoWRT.

SniffeSniff
09-12-2011, 08:34 AM
Hopefully it will be as easy as copy/paste the MoW Editor into the main game folder of MoWV like you can for MoWRT.

I have tried to do this, but it doesn't work. Maybe I'm just dumb.

SpeedWolf
09-12-2011, 09:14 AM
Don't bother, i try it myself from yesterday to get the editor to work in Vietnam,

i got it to work but it crash a lot and even by fixing the code that cause the crash their are still some of the editor option that don't work like the F6 key and sometime even the Esc key,

the only easy thing that you can do is to port the unit in to a older version of men of war that have a editor. but to port the map is another story,

their are no easy way to do it, let alone explaining it,

Razw
09-12-2011, 11:55 AM
Can't you good sir fraps when you do it, and put it up on youtube, so we can try it ourselves? :)

UnseenOni
09-12-2011, 03:28 PM
I certainly would like a detailed explanation of how to import weapons and vehicles into Men of War AS from Vietnam, im a modder and any additional units or weapons i can use would be helpful, so if someone can give us a good idea of how to do it, it would be much appreciated.

SpeedWolf
09-12-2011, 05:13 PM
I hope you two are not replying to me, because if you are, then you're out of luck, I'm not going to do it, is to much of a headache for me,

Speed3192
09-14-2011, 05:03 PM

You are aware that all modded missions made by the men of war community for men of war and men of war: assault squad were made in the games' GEM Editor right?

So please Explain to me in as much detail as you can, how the community is supposed to create missions/mods to be released for this game, when not only does it not have an Editor with the game, but does not even have a Mod tab in the options menu like the other Men of war games?

I am aware that Red tide also had the same issues as Vietnam does, but i honestly would have thought that after that game had such little success 1C would have taken the time to listen to the community and pay attention to what makes the Men of war games so popular and have such an active community.

Seriously 1C from now on just let Digitalmindsoft Make the Men of war games. as look at what they did with Assault squad. That game was a HUGE success.
I am aware that some people prefer small scale battles in the men of war games. But Assault squad came with an Editor and was available for mods. so EVERYONE could get what they wanted out of that game.

Vietnam had a lot of potential and would have made 1C a lot of money, but nope. you messed up and ignored what people really like about Men of War.
Shame on you 1C, Shame on you.

djsatane
09-15-2011, 04:45 AM
Yes, editor should be included considering mow and as had editor... as for mod, you can still load them through mods folder and mod name folders by using settings.set file in profile, but yes that should be in tabs along with editor.