PDA

View Full Version : Freight Tycoon

wabuckeye
10-03-2007, 10:49 PM
First, the game crashes constantly and since there is no auto-backup, I have to start over each time. Yes, I do saves when I remember to but that's not easy to remember. Also, a couple of suggested improvements. (1) quit having the trucks drive all over the industry parking lot; just pull in, back up, load/unload, and pull out. It was cute the first couple of times but......, (2) have a master contract site where available contracts for every location are shown. Could be sorted by cargo type, value, or other designation. The way the game runs now is way too much micro-management. Any help on crashing issue would be appreciated (and I have already updated all drivers).

Evgeny
10-04-2007, 05:58 AM
Well, if have any technical problems with the game, write to our support team (support at 1cpublishing.eu).

kjj
11-18-2007, 01:46 AM
Dear friend,
At least you can save....
I bought the game today but there is no way to save.. (there is the save-menu but it is not responding!!!!!!)

Avid08
12-10-2007, 09:36 PM
Hi all,
just bought the game from the site u guys put in the freight tycoon topic. and its installed properlly but im having trouble at the moment and i can get into the main menu before starting any type of senario until i click on one to load up the game just doesnt seem to operate, the loading bar just stops dead right under the guys chair in the loadup screen shot. Im Running windows vista ultimate and have enough computer power to run the game. all drivers are upto date just thought that someone else could be experiancing this difficlty. I am a truck game fan, played all the 18 Wheels Of Steel Games Released, and i am also into all my stratigy games, but this is the first game in which this happens on. Any Ideas People.

If you could post back that would be great.

Many Thanks
Craig

Sorry for any spelling mistakes i wrote this message a bit quick and didnt have time to check it, sorry

BruteMan
12-16-2007, 04:03 AM
Running on a Q6600 3Gb Ram ATI 2600 HD XT 512mb Windows Vista.

Same problems seem to appear with my machine I can get into the video opening but when it is time to load into the game it just sits there sometimes i can get the loading bar 1/3rd of the way most of the time it just locks up.

Is there a Vista fix comming? theres really nothing to send support on this as i have tried allready to no avail i am currently trying to setup a dual boot to reinstall XP just so i can try this out paid 30 USD for a game that wont play in vista :(

Avid08
12-16-2007, 04:36 PM
i finally got it working takes alot of time in loading i sure hope that u guys create a fix for vista to load quicker. other than that its a pritty good game.

BruteMan
12-17-2007, 11:09 PM
Well i Dual Boot into XP finally played the game saving is fine if even manual but there seems to be a memory leak somewhere into the 2nd chapter it just froze had 1 truck on a contract that should have completed but it jjust kept going and going i whent in to the truck to delete the contract and crashed to windows.

I did manage to load to the main window in Vista but it took like 15 mins to load now in xp its like 10 seconds.

deff some bugs to squash unknown as to wheather they will but i am sure glad i did go thru the effort of installing XP again this gmae even in its current state rocks!

Brute.

magowich
02-26-2008, 08:53 PM
any one know when there is komming a vista patch?
cant wait 15 min every time i want to load the game and xp is not an option,

Evgeny
02-27-2008, 05:56 AM
I advise you to write to our support team (support at 1cpublishing.eu). They gonna help you.

rocksk
03-06-2008, 04:04 AM
I waitied for 1 hrs for mission 4 to load!:mad:

Tridon
03-07-2008, 03:19 PM
I have Vista as well, and it takes a lot of time to load both the menu and scenarios. I tried the compability mode (XP sp2) but with no luck. It actually seemed to take a longer time. Anyone else getting a shorter loading time by doing this?

yeahright
03-20-2008, 02:26 PM
First off, I would like to say this has got to be the worst game I've ever spent money on. The consept itself is great but the technical issues are just too much. Come on! I mean, there are beta versions of games out there 10 times more stable than this.

Anyway. To solve the massive loading times in Vista you do this:

1. Start the Game
2. Press Ctrl+Alt+Delete, then open Task Manager
3. Go to "Processes" then find "tycoon.exe"
4. Right click it and choose "Set Affinity"
5. Then select only ONE core
6. Close Task Manager and see your loading time going down from 20mins-1h to about 1-2mins.

Hope this helps.

Oh and btw.. email support only is kinda 1995.. might as well give us a fax number instead.

Tridon
03-25-2008, 03:02 PM
Yepp. This helps bringing the loading times back to normal, but it should still be unnesessary to do this.

Game finnaly works at least:)

Vaupell
04-05-2008, 06:01 PM
i did mail support and found their initial response quite useless.
for the exsesive load times 25mins to start menu, 1hour for tutorial game to load.

And nope.. the quick fix setting cores for 1 dont work for me. :(
it automatic resets to 4 cores when i click something in game.

they responded >

1) install this latest driver for your graphics card, see if it helps - http://www.nvidia.com/object/winvista_x64_169.25_whql.html
2) make sure you have latest driver for your motherboard chipset and sound card
3) if you have any HW component overclocked, set it to defaut clocks
4) scan your PC for possible malware, spyware and viruses
5) download all criticial/recommended updates for your Windows (via Microsoft update service)
6) try disabling any file scanning application on your PC, before running the game (antivirus, etc)

All these things i cleared when mailed to them,.
so they just respond with a "standard" form mail..

1 : yes i told them all hardwares was updated to lastet drivers
2 : again lastest drivers
3 : Clearly statet in my mail my hardware is NOT overclocked
4 : --- The only legit question, but i do infact clean my system
6 : Again all updated to lastest
6 : --- The secound but not making sense suggestion.

i responded but its been over a month now
havent heard anything, the store where i bought the game EB GAMES
in Esbjerg, Denmark claims they do not return PC games which have been
opened.

so now im stuck with this crap thats not working.
Money back, well lucky we got something called a "User council"
which is a goverment department takeing care of such bad handling
of costumers.

:evil:

jadajada
04-22-2008, 06:44 PM
I have the same issue. Vista Home Premium on a HP Pavilion

Alphadash
05-11-2008, 07:17 PM
Setting the affinity to 1 core does indeed sort out the loading times.
Instead of doing this every time you start the game, do this:
Download this: Affinity Mask Tool (http://www.robpol86.com/files/imagecfg.exe)
Put it in %windir%\System32 (usually C:\Windows\System32).
Some systems may also want you to put it in %windir%\System32\dllcache - do this if you have this folder, I didn't on Vista Ultimate x64.
Hit start > run > cmd and type:
imagecfg -a 0x1 c:\path\to\file.exe
For example it could be:
imagecfg -a 0x1 C:\Program Files\Freight Tycoon\tycoon.exe

Now try starting the game, if this didn't work, open cmd again and type:
imagecfg -u c:\path\to\file.exe
imagecfg -a 0x1 c:\path\to\file.exe
(notice the first line being -u and not -a)

This way it will always use the first core of your CPU.
If you want it to use another one, it's 0x1 for number 1, 0x2 for number 2, 0x3 for number 1 and 2...
I didn't test them all, I was too lazy ;)
Letting it use Core 2 should give it a core that isn't used by much else.

Have fun!

bt4125
05-15-2008, 03:02 AM
I can play on my desktop (vista) and it started quite fast comparing with your times.
However, the screen got froze and black for a short period of time and keep doing it all the time when I played. Anyone have the same problem?

thepen
07-04-2008, 04:52 PM
so who exactly do we need to annoy to get our money back for Freight Tycoon???
there is no patch (planned??)

got Vista Premium and no one mentioned that vista is incompatible![/QUOTE]

Jimskibob
05-11-2009, 01:49 PM
I just got this game from gamesplanet. I checked here first to see if it was Vista compatible and noticed there was a "Vista compatibility Patch" available in the games' download section.

I bought the game based on this, installed it and tried to patch. When I did, All I got was a window informing me that it could not find the game being installed!

Therefore, I cannot even patch the game to play it. I run on Vista x64 and nowhere have I noticed pre-purchase that it was incompatible.

I tried the affinity thing but that also came back with unable to process. I will write to support to attempt a refund, but in the meantime, if anyone knows how to install the patch on a x64 system please help.

Izu uzI
06-23-2009, 10:28 PM
Hi all!

For those still unable to patch the game, I just found a work-around, and I'm here to share it with you! :)

Simply download izu-ftivcp.rar (http://dl.free.fr/vyk0oFRF0) ("ftivcp" stands for "Freight Tycoon Inc. Vista Compatibility Patch"), and extract its content on the same place than you put the original non-working patch downloaded here (ftp://ftp.1cpublishing.eu/Patches/Freight_Tycoon/Freight_Tycoon_Vista_Patch.zip), then double-click on "Patch.bat". It is basically just a simple "DOS" batch, which will do everything step by step, telling you everything in live. You can edit it if you wanna know more. It will extract the only usefull file from the original patch, search for your installation's folder (note to the game's developpers: this information is available in the registry, lol), rename the original file, and finally replace it by the patched one.

I dunno why 1C didn't let those having troubles with their patch the ability to download that single file (tycoon.dll) which is, once zipped, like 5 times smaller than the patch itself...!

And for those wondering why I made a script instead of just giving you the correct dll... Well, it's only to make you more confident about where the file comes from, and the devs about the fact I didn't modify anything myself. It's their own work, I just patched the patch! :)

That's it, you can finally enjoy what you paid for. ;)