PDA

View Full Version : CoD Black Death (benchmarking)

F16_Petter
03-30-2011, 02:52 PM
So..?
What type of track or standard should be used to get a FPS count to compare different systems?

Any suggestions of good tracks that are included in stock game that utilize different aspects for a GPU/CPU/RAM stress test?

(Pre-ordered on steam)

Raggz
03-30-2011, 02:54 PM
So..?
What type of track or standard should be used to get a FPS count to compare different systems?

Any suggestions of good tracks that are included in stock game that utilize different aspects for a GPU/CPU/RAM stress test?

(Pre-ordered on steam)

There are no tracks included with the stock game.

Triggaaar
03-30-2011, 03:25 PM
So someone needs to make a track for us all to use. It would be a good way of knowing whether our system is running as it should (when we compare to others etc) and for those who don't own it to have an idea how well their system will work etc.

F16_Petter
03-30-2011, 03:33 PM
No track included in stock game?

Ehhh...
Thats odd..

Okay, So we (the community) need to create a good track and adopt it as standard?
Its probably going to be a lot of debate if the creator of the track has really done a good job in including different aspects of the game or not... like always in these forums.

Isnt it possible for Luthier to include a track into the next patch so it will be systemwide?

*Amazed*

F16_Petter
03-30-2011, 03:34 PM
So someone needs to make a track for us all to use. It would be a good way of knowing whether our system is running as it should (when we compare to others etc) and for those who don't own it to have an idea how well their system will work etc.

Yes, someone... but who?
:D

Triggaaar
03-30-2011, 03:37 PM
Yes, someone... but who?
:DPreferralby someone who has a copy of the game :)

I know what you mean about there being a debate about what's in it, but I say stuff it - someone post something average, we'll use that until someone is prepared to do a better version, and if they do, we'll adopt that. No biggie, better to have something decidedly average than nothing at all.

F16_Petter
03-30-2011, 03:50 PM
Preferralby someone who has a copy of the game :)

I know what you mean about there being a debate about what's in it, but I say stuff it - someone post something average, we'll use that until someone is prepared to do a better version, and if they do, we'll adopt that. No biggie, better to have something decidedly average than nothing at all.

Yep, but I still think that someone in the dev team could make a smaller track that is included in the next patch. Something that contains different aspects of the simulation.

But, sure bring it on I guess...
Any contributions?

F16_Petter
03-31-2011, 09:49 AM
My suggestions for benchmarking track:

Contents of the track
1. Flying in clouds 1/2 or 3/4 (not overcast)
2. Flying over water
3. Playing around with both external camera and cockpit views
4. Shooting aerial targets, perhaps a bomber formation of 12-20 planes
5. Shooting / strafing ground target, truck or trains
6. Bombing something with secondary explosions, fuel tank or some large explosive item?

Atm my game is unplayable with my current rig so I cannot create a good track even with all settings on lowest... :(
(lowest resolution and graphic options to lowest, anti epelectric filter off :) )

I refuse to buy a new rig until I know what works best... and to do do that we need brave volunteers that show us what they get in a benchmark!

C´mon ppl lets make a track??
:grin:

SG1_Gunkan
03-31-2011, 09:57 AM
The problem with the game are not the FPS. It's the main core simulator was have slutters and make the game hard to play. I got 60FPS, and 40FPS of average, but in combat it's even hard to aim because of micro slutters.

So, until the game goes "fluid", there is nothing to measure...

Codex
03-31-2011, 10:03 AM
The problem with the game are not the FPS. It's the main core simulator was have slutters and make the game hard to play. I got 60FPS, and 40FPS of average, but in combat it's even hard to aim because of micro slutters.

So, until the game goes "fluid", there is nothing to measure...

I agree, the graphics engine has a lot more maturing to do before we comfortably setup a bench mark track.

F16_Petter
03-31-2011, 02:48 PM
I agree, the graphics engine has a lot more maturing to do before we comfortably setup a bench mark track.

What do you mean "maturing" ??
The simulator has been in develompment for quite some time and it is released?
Should it not be mature enough?

All I am saying is that to compare different systems in terms of troubleshooting we must all look into same basic conditions.. and thats where a track comes into the picture...

Im not talking about "all about FPS"... Im saying there is something terribly wrong.. and what better way to find out what it could be by using a commmon tool for it?

You are already seeing ppl posting their specs of their computer, why do you think that is?

hm?
:cool:

F19_lacrits
03-31-2011, 03:06 PM
It would do alot of help to many frustrated players to have an ingame benchmark like the BlackDeath.trk has been for good ol IL2.
In this way people with similar spec systems can have an expectation of the fluidity of the game on their system.
Also, performance effect of changing RAM, CPU, GPU etc. can be evaluated as we would all be referring to the same sequence of game play.

I hope there will be an official or wide spread community supported "black death track" to benchmark with..

F16_Petter
03-31-2011, 03:22 PM
Also, performance effect of changing RAM, CPU, GPU etc. can be evaluated as we would all be referring to the same sequence of game play.

Thats what I´m trying to explain, but lights are on and nobody is home.

:-P

Viper2000
03-31-2011, 03:41 PM
My suggestions for benchmarking track:

Contents of the track
1. Flying in clouds 1/2 or 3/4 (not overcast)
2. Flying over water
3. Playing around with both external camera and cockpit views
4. Shooting aerial targets, perhaps a bomber formation of 12-20 planes
5. Shooting / strafing ground target, truck or trains
6. Bombing something with secondary explosions, fuel tank or some large explosive item?

Atm my game is unplayable with my current rig so I cannot create a good track even with all settings on lowest... :(
(lowest resolution and graphic options to lowest, anti epelectric filter off :) )

I refuse to buy a new rig until I know what works best... and to do do that we need brave volunteers that show us what they get in a benchmark!

C´mon ppl lets make a track??
:grin:

It seems to me that the obvious way to capture all this stuff would be a formation of 109s attacking boats in a harbour. In about 5 minutes of track you could have:

Medium level ingress above cloud
Descent through cloud
Combat over the coast (attacking targets in and around the harbour, facing AAA and then perhaps a flight of enemy fighters)
Low level egress over both land and sea

The formation could split during combat so that the track includes sections with multiple aeroplanes in view and sections with perhaps just a pair flying home together.

The combat section of the track would obviously be very resource hungry.

However, some of the threads I've read suggest that track playback is considerably less demanding of system resources than actual flight (presumably because the simulation itself isn't running during playback), so it's not immediately obvious that this would be the best benchmark.

Perhaps we need some kind of repeatable* AI mission instead?

I wish Ubifail would hurry up and send me my (pre-ordered) collector's edition!

*In as much as the AI can be made repeatable - we'd probably need to apply statistics to get a useful benchmark if the AI exhibits random behaviour, which I expect it will do...

Flymo3000
04-01-2011, 10:51 AM
In the absence of a benchmarking track you might want to take a look at this thread:

http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=19990