PDA

View Full Version : How about distances?

Ruffy
10-03-2007, 07:08 PM
Hello, I've one question. Will be the time of driving for example 600 km / 375 miles realistic? In real live it takes 6-8h with normal car, but how about in game? Will be it take 6-8h of driving with one trailer?

Ubaku
10-03-2007, 08:50 PM
What will the travel distances in Rig'n'Roll be like? How long in real time
will it take to travel from Los Angeles to San Francisco for example?

Answer by Igor Belago:
A regular distance between cities in the game is about 8-10km. The travel
distance between downtowns of LA and San Francisco is approximately 70км, so you can calculate driving time yourself.

http://truckpol.republika.pl/docs/rignroll_interview_8.pdf

You people really are new to the game arnt you? These questions have already been answered years ago.

USA Driver
10-04-2007, 02:50 AM
I'm pretty sure they way they have placed the interstates and checked for realism :D, that it will be realistic driving times.

I-80 from San Francisco to Reno will probley be 2+ hours.

JOleg
10-04-2007, 09:06 AM
Hello, I've one question. Will be the time of driving for example 600 km / 375 miles realistic? In real live it takes 6-8h with normal car, but how about in game? Will be it take 6-8h of driving with one trailer?

Ok just to make this clear. The California state of USA is huge, with a lot of cities, including large ones. Just because modeling "as it is" would mean:
1) a huge 3D virtual world which would really mean several DVDs of data
2) a lot of real-life time to get from point A located in one end of California and to point B located in an opposite end of California and as a result gamers would get bored
they decided to compress the world from 10 to 15 times. This doesn't mean it became small. In fact, if you connect all Rig'n'Roll roads into one long road, you will get 2000 km of _real_ distance - that's a trip from Riga to Moscow and back to Riga! So, to travel all that distance with the constant speed of 100 KPH you will need to sit in front of PC for 20 _realistic hours_ without a chance to go to the toilet :lol: Sounds good enough? - I think yes! 8)
Besides, I do believe they cut out most of the long neglected highways while retaining all the outskirts, small and large towns, and basically the landscapes and topographical surface of California, with changing time of the day and various weather conditions.

8)

Oleg

Ubaku
10-04-2007, 03:20 PM
You are very right JOleg, 2000km of real distance is still huge, and more than any other truck sim did yet.

digit
10-07-2007, 10:43 AM
What will the travel distances in Rig'n'Roll be like? How long in real time
will it take to travel from Los Angeles to San Francisco for example?

Answer by Igor Belago:
A regular distance between cities in the game is about 8-10km. The travel
distance between downtowns of LA and San Francisco is approximately 70км, so you can calculate driving time yourself.

http://truckpol.republika.pl/docs/rignroll_interview_8.pdf

You people really are new to the game arnt you? These questions have already been answered years ago.

lol you've got that right!

trucknisse
10-07-2007, 11:50 PM
I-80 from San Francisco to Reno will probley be 2+ hours.

Actually the distance between SF and Reno is like 220 miles, so if compressed 10 times its like 22 miles which with 60 mph takes 22 minutes.
In the same way, SF to LA is like 400, squeezed to 40 miles, takes 40 minutes.

Driving california south to north from SD to crescent city is 850 miles, so about 85 minutes.

Ive lived in California for a couple of years. It will be nice to see how close to reality they have modeled California.

rcm.1982
11-20-2007, 04:33 PM
buddy..in a truck it takes more time..i dont think you will drive straight without fueling up or getting a bite or getting a coffee..am i right or wrong?
its different if you drive a car and a truck! we have more wheels cars dont..same thing like cars vs bikes!

USA Driver
11-21-2007, 12:22 AM
Actually the distance between SF and Reno is like 220 miles, so if compressed 10 times its like 22 miles which with 60 mph takes 22 minutes. I doubt it's gonna be that short. I would say at least 45 minutes.