PDA

View Full Version : Community help,configurations and settings

nearmiss
03-30-2011, 01:32 AM
This thread is for sharing your problem or fixable issues with BOB COD.

Also, share your BOB COD configurations and settings.

Please include your version of BOB COD (w/patches) when you post.

You should include your system specs to save time

MugiSNK
03-30-2011, 06:29 PM
Nice thread, +1

I hope to find some conf.ini settings for my system, to get it up and running.
Once I have the game though...

MugiSNK

JG14_Jagr
03-30-2011, 08:54 PM
As someone who has the Russian version and cannot read or speak a word of Russian, I would ask a favor. Can people post their conf.ini and conf2.ini files if you have been able to figure out enough to get the game running reasonably? If you made changes that were significant, not that so we can build a knowledge base of what really helped and what didn't..

Also, can HUD Log be turned off..same for SUbtitles? And what is the box in the upper left corner when the game starts? I can't figure out how to remove it Looks like a communication box or something

IvanK
03-30-2011, 11:21 PM
To kill the Red Text transcribe, make sure you are in Mouse control mode. Put the mouse cursor over the Red text, then press ALT + left mouse click, then right mouse click and select close Voice window.

Same procedure to manipulate the other screen info windows.

hc_wolf
03-30-2011, 11:29 PM
To kill the Red Text transcribe, make sure you are in Mouse control mode. Put the mouse cursor over the Red text, then press ALT + left mouse click, then right mouse click and select close Voice window.

Same procedure to manipulate the other screen info windows.

Just right click on the message boxes on your screens during in-flight and you can select to close the windows. Great new addition to COD.

fireflyerz
03-31-2011, 07:18 AM
Ingame AA seems to work best on x2 , for some reason setting it higher makes it worse , almost as if the settings are back to front.

RU. Version.

Vista.32
P5k.
4Gb Ram (Kingston Hypx).
Nv 480.
Intel Duo.
Pu 1000
2x Hard drive 1.5Tb

mr71mb0
03-31-2011, 08:33 AM
Can someone pleas confirm how to show fps in game?

I am getting the console up and typing

Fps start show

But it doesn't display. Do I have it right?

Also,

I have a quad core ( have unpicked the epi filter in menu) bout although I see activity on all cores, it's very low, core0 which I think should be doing all / most work is only about 20% max.

I , also have a issues with quite a lot of the time when flying the spitfire I don't get tracers. Hurricane seems ok with tracers tho.

Komrad
03-31-2011, 08:48 AM

Fps start show

Also,

I have a quad core ( have unpicked the epi filter in menu) bout although I see activity on all cores, it's very low, core0 which I think should be doing all / most work is only about 20% max.

I , also have a issues with quite a lot of the time when flying the spitfire I don't get tracers. Hurricane seems ok with tracers tho.

To display fps correct command is: fps SHOW START

Must be typed exactly as shown.

Bryan.

wuschti
03-31-2011, 09:13 AM
Hello guys,

does anyone know how to turn on (if possible) the on-screen indicator for ALT, HEIGHT and COURSE? Like it was in the good ol' IL-2... :)

wuschti
03-31-2011, 12:35 PM
Does anyone know how I get my friggin money back. A couple of hours to load the friggin thing in friggin Steam and now it won't launch. Keeps telling me that the launcher crashes.
What a waste of friggin money. Years and years waiting and now this. What a total rip off.
Any other disk you just put it in and play. This stupid friggin system is a joke.
All the friggin problems I'm reading about is a joke. A total misrepresentation of the game was given. Now you have to be a friggin computer expert to change this and change that so it will run properly.
Who is responsible for this crap. If it was a friggin toaster you'd sue the bastard that sold it to you. :evil:

Yeah, thanks. This thread is totally the right place for posts like this one. :rolleyes:

Deadstick
03-31-2011, 12:43 PM
Yeah, thanks. This thread is totally the right place for posts like this one

Haha, it reads like it's some old-guy that is too stubborn to ask for help and too impatient to wait and see if there are improvements.:)

602Sqn.McLean
03-31-2011, 12:50 PM
Why should I have to stuff around and find out where to post crap to find a fix. And if only you knew mate what this old bloke could do to you. Keep hiding behind your keyboard mate.

Deadstick
03-31-2011, 12:53 PM
And if only you knew mate what this old bloke could do to you.

Bring it! I'm not that young myself. You will find me in New Zealand.;)

cato_larsen
03-31-2011, 12:54 PM
Why should I have to stuff around and find out where to post crap to find a fix. And if only you knew mate what this old bloke could do to you. Keep hiding behind your keyboard mate.

Come on.... What does that have to do with anything regarding the game.
Call custom support and tell them you want your money back. Give them a good reason and try that way.
Using the "Lets help the community and post our tweaks and settings" thread will probably get you no money whatso ever.

On other regards. Have a nice day.

Targ
03-31-2011, 01:03 PM
Anyone care to share with me a confuser.ini file with all the CEM bindings in it!

Thanks a bunch :)

Deadstick
03-31-2011, 03:29 PM
Problem:

I purchased BOB COD from Steam and had it installed, but I found I could not view Pilots or Aircraft, and hitting fly caused me to CTD and just had sound running.

Solution:

IF you bought the game off Steam (maybe other Digital Downloads too) as I did, you will need to:

1) Browse to your game folder and find the folder 'redist'.

I found mine here :C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\il-2 sturmovik cliffs of dover\redist

2) Try running the Direct X installer. ( This was the problem for me, but I had tried running other installers in there too).

(Thanks to whoever originally posted this elsewhere, but seeing as I could not find it in this thread, here it be).

Cheers:grin:

KG26_Alpha
03-31-2011, 08:01 PM

Hey

We know its frustrating but you need to take a deep breath here.

The whole IL2 series before was technically challenging at first with the same problems relative to the times back then.

The wealth of past knowledge has made the IL2 1946 series a bullet proof piece of software, so join in the fun getting CoD right and helping the future of the sim.

PS keep the personal threats and stuff off here too please

335th_GRAthos
03-31-2011, 09:24 PM
I have this from somebody else who mentioned it in a thread, unfortunately did not keep his name (nor the thread):

I have a strange problem with the patched version:
I have to turn Grass OFF because I run WinXP. Since, the sea looks very strange:
http://www.stoimenos.com/temp/Sea_Problem.JPG

The solution is there if you only change one setting:
http://www.stoimenos.com/temp/Sea_Problem_Fixed.JPG

http://www.stoimenos.com/temp/Sea_Problem_Fixed_settings.JPG

Strangely enough, the game was much better before patch for my system:
Before patch, with Grass=ON
http://www.stoimenos.com/temp/Spit_Yiousomouria_2.JPG

I hope this helps some WinXP users like me....

Kylependragon
03-31-2011, 09:35 PM
I read somewhere that it is possible to disable the interactive cockpit, anyone care to offer some help pointing me in the right direction?

pancake
03-31-2011, 09:42 PM
I read somewhere that it is possible to disable the interactive cockpit, anyone care to offer some help pointing me in the right direction?
I think it was F10?:confused:

Wavetop
03-31-2011, 10:38 PM
Problem:

I purchased BOB COD from Steam and had it installed, but I found I could not view Pilots or Aircraft, and hitting fly caused me to CTD and just had sound running.

Solution:

IF you bought the game off Steam (maybe other Digital Downloads too) as I did, you will need to:

1) Browse to your game folder and find the folder 'redist'.

I found mine here :C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\il-2 sturmovik cliffs of dover\redist

2) Try running the Direct X installer. ( This was the problem for me, but I had tried running other installers in there too).

(Thanks to whoever originally posted this elsewhere, but seeing as I could not find it in this thread, here it be).

Cheers:grin:

I have the same hardware configuration as you and have been following you through the threads. Thanks for posting the above, but I still get CTD (with sound) on entering the mission. My driver was 266.58 and have tried 267.76, is CoD working for you and which driver do you have. :)

PS. should I be running any other of the installers in the redist folder.

z0ttel
03-31-2011, 11:05 PM
I have this from somebody else who mentioned it in a thread, unfortunately did not keep his name (nor the thread):

I have a strange problem with the patched version:
I have to turn Grass OFF because I run WinXP. Since, the sea looks very strange: [...]

I hope this helps some WinXP users like me....

At least that helped me - thanks for sharing! :)

Wavetop
04-01-2011, 11:06 AM
Thanks to all who have posted on these pages, I had the CTD with sound when entering the mission. I have applied the conf.ini fix to set D 10 to D 09, selected forest OFF to fix the sea graphic problem, updated out of the 266.xx driver series. So over the initial problems and up and running, now have to start on FPS issues.

I know this is frustrating for some, but I remember the old days of trying to squeeze memory out of the 512K available, to get games to work, so this is not good, however, I expect it will be worth the effort.:)

System Information :
Toshiba Satellite P500 Laptop
Windows 7 Home Premium x64
Intel Dual Core 2.27 Ghz 2267 Mhz
nVidia GeForce GT 330M 1 Gb, driver 267.76
Ram 4 Gb

superbee15
04-02-2011, 04:50 AM

Fps start show

Very new to this. How/what is console to input text?
Where do you find any help files?

I found some game folders under My Docus which I thought was strange - install did not offer opportunity to allocate to a location.

System
Asus P7P55D LE
i5-720 CPU
4g ram
Gig GT240
Win 7 - 64 Bit

Triggaaar
04-02-2011, 11:32 AM
Can people post their conf.ini and conf2.ini filesI assume you mean conf.ini & confs.ini

I had read that Steam was over-writing changes that people made in their conf files, but I can't see reference to that here. Does that mean you simply edit your conf files in the same way as with IL2?

Thanks

GHarris
04-02-2011, 04:33 PM
Here's how to remove the annoying 7 second Ubisoft-logo video which plays every time you launch CoD.

In your Steam folder, go to "SteamApps\common\il-2 sturmovik cliffs of dover\parts\core\GUI".

(for me, the full path of this folder is "E:\Program Files (x86)\Valve\Steam\SteamApps\common\il-2 sturmovik cliffs of dover\parts\core\GUI", but that's because I have my steam folder on a separate hard disk partition. Most people would replace the "E:\" with "C:\".)

You will find a bunch of files, one of which is called "Logo" (or "Logo.wmv" depending on whether your PC shows filetype extensions). Rename it to something else. Don't delete it just in case you are crazy enough to want it back one day. When the game is next launched, it'll look for "Logo.wmv" and, when it fails to find a file with that exact name, it'll just skip showing the video.

It's just a minor tweak but personally I found that it was annoying to have to watch the logo video every time I re-launched CoD to try out new settings! Plus, frankly, the less I am reminded about Ubisoft's involvement in this sim the better :-P

JG52Uther
04-02-2011, 05:01 PM
Good find!

Razor
04-02-2011, 05:54 PM
Here's how to remove the annoying 7 second Ubisoft-logo video which plays every time you launch CoD.

Thanks! Great tip!

335th_GRAthos
04-04-2011, 11:05 AM
+1

335th_GRAthos
04-05-2011, 09:16 AM
Are you not bored typing fps SHOW START every time?

I realised we have many new members who are not able to sing the two pages of conf.ini by heart (shame!) so you may find this of use:

In the same directory as the conf.ini (the famous MyDocuments/ etc etc...)
Find the file RCU
Open it with the text editor
at the bottom add following lines of text:

@a aa fps SHOW START

@a ab fps HIDE STOP

aa

save and close

From now on, if during the game you decide to start the fps display, press Shift-TAB, type aa press enter, exit with Shift-TAB. The fps measurement will appear on your screen. (of course, if you have a Console Information Window open, you can type the commands there)
To remove it, repeat the procedure typing ab
The last line aa in the RCU file spares you from all the work, with it every time you start the game you have thefps measurement displayed automaticaly (you can remove it of course if you do not want this).

Since I have this strange feeling that we will spend the next months talking fps, it may prove a little handy ;-)

Happy Flying (ehem, Testing...)

~S~

Conte Zero
04-05-2011, 09:41 AM
Once and for all, may I ask you a couple tech questions?

due to my poor english and the fact I didn't have much time to read this huge amount of topics, I still have a little confusion

1 . how do I force my pc and game to use DX10?
2 . I detached mi conf from the Steam cloud, but WICH conf.INI should I modify? The one in game folder, or the other one in mydocuments/1csoftclub/etc/etc?
3 . wich affinitymask value is correct for a Intel Q9550 quadcore CPU?

thank you very much, if you help me I may get a little better and enjoy this future masterpiece.

thank you all sirs, bye!

Tvrdi
04-05-2011, 10:19 AM
Once and for all, may I ask you a couple tech questions?

due to my poor english and the fact I didn't have much time to read this huge amount of topics, I still have a little confusion

1 . how do I force my pc and game to use DX10?
2 . I detached mi conf from the Steam cloud, but WICH conf.INI should I modify? The one in game folder, or the other one in mydocuments/1csoftclub/etc/etc?
3 . wich affinitymask value is correct for a Intel Q9550 quadcore CPU?

thank you very much, if you help me I may get a little better and enjoy this future masterpiece.

thank you all sirs, bye!

1) If your have COD installed in Win7, COD is using DX10
2) Dunno. I would like to know that too, but I think its the one in documents
3) 15

pupaxx
04-05-2011, 10:21 AM
For sure the right one is in mydocuments. I tested personally.
Remember to add Antiepilepsy=0 line

Wolf_Rider
04-05-2011, 10:22 AM
some (Intel) have better results with 14 for a quad core

the ae line should already be insitu

Steam Cloud doesn't seem to modify the config.ini in the docs folder... it also doesn't seem to use the config. ini in the steam folder either. Using Steam Cloud connected and loading a saved controls set, looks in the docs folder for saved controls config

Tvrdi
04-05-2011, 10:23 AM
For sure the right one is in mydocuments. I tested personally.
Remember to add Antiepilepsy=0 line

antiepilepsy option isnt working when checked/unchecked in GUI? Why we have two versions of the game on disk? Changing conf.ini located in user/documents affects config.ini located in steam?

pupaxx
04-05-2011, 11:15 AM
I'm not at home now, may be wrong but I can adfirm my game version has 2 config files, one in steam dir and another in docs directory.
Following the tuning advices on 1cforum I firstly acted on config file in steam directory with no results (Affinity mask & Anty epi).
Then I changed the doc's config in two separately steps. First I changed AMask resulting in a successfully attempt; then I looked for antyepy line to edit but in my doc's config was completely missing! So I had to manually adding the line (I don't know why missing). In this attempt I realize that ( as some guy suggested) the correct line to add is Antyepilepcy=0 and not Epilepcyfilter=0. I suppose the switch on GUI operate correctly on the latter, correctly because effectively the command value change from 1 (active) to 0 (disabled) but the command string itself doesn't works!
The right is Antiepilepsy=0
Now, I'm not at home may be in what I remember I may have reversed (confusing) Antiepilepsy with Epilepsyfilter but, take what i'm saying with this incertitude. The juice of my speech is this, I'll check later.

Wolf_Rider
04-05-2011, 11:36 AM
the ini to take note of, is the one in your docs folder

Conte Zero
04-05-2011, 12:13 PM
Wolf and Tvrdi thank you very much

can't wait to get home tonight and tweak a bit. I already have seen tha 15 value for the affinitymask, but for sure I changed it in the Steam INI, not in the mydocuments INI

yes I have COD running on win7 64bits, so I assume it is already using DX10 by default right?

and yes, that 1Csoftclub folder in mydocuments looks like a clone of the same Steam folder, or part of it (there are INI's, there is a Skins folder... time will tell us better the purposes of such hierarchy)

thank you again, going to upgrade the PC, but for now I have to find the best setting on my q9550/gtx260/4gigsRAM, a machine that can't do much whan it comes to handle this heavyweight game

Ciao.

PS many thank to Pupaxxx too for the clarification about the Antiepilepsy problem. I don't know where the confusion about this string comes from though, but I have seen topics where users were actually confused.

blade122222
04-05-2011, 02:51 PM
Luthier stated that using dx9 caused fps drop.

I get an error message when running in dx10. Does this mean I am stuck with dx9?

Conte Zero
04-05-2011, 03:03 PM
I guess that depends on the operating system and the graphic card, both should be DX10 ready, example win7 and a compatible DX10 card

Ataros
04-06-2011, 11:58 AM
Put some optimisation ideas here http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showpost.php?p=254014&postcount=13

swiss
04-06-2011, 02:56 PM
Moved my question from the other thread to keep it clean.

Well, I need some help here:

Definitely! We could not hear eachother on TS3 until we edited the volume in conf.ini

Oh God, please - where?

[sound]
SoundUse=1
DebugSound=0
SoundEngine=1
Speakers=1
Placement=0
SoundFlags.reversestereo=0
RadioFlags.Enabled=1
RadioEngine=2
MusicVolume=14
ObjectVolume=7 (changed, no result)
MusState.takeoff=1
MusState.inflight=1
MusState.crash=1
MusFlags.play=1
MasterVolume=14 (changed, no result)
Attenuation=7
SoundMode=0
SamplingRate=0
NumChannels=2
SoundExt.occlusions=1
SoundFlags.hardware=1
SoundFlags.streams=1
SoundFlags.duplex=1
SoundExt.acoustics=1
SoundExt.volumefx=1
SoundFlags.voicemgr=1
SoundFlags.static=1
VoiceVolume=8
Channels=1
SoundFlags.bugscorrect=0
SoundExt.extrender=0
SoundSetupId=8
ActivationLevel=0.02
Preemphasis=0.8
RadioLatency=0.5
AGC=1
PTTMode=1
RadioFlags.PTTMode=0
RadioFlags.PlayClicks=1
ActLevel=9
MicLevel=10
SoundFlags.UseRadioChatter=0
SoundFlags.AutoActivation=0
SoundFlags.forceEAX1=0
speakers=1

Also, which config is it? Both?

blade122222
04-06-2011, 03:46 PM
Luthier stated that using dx9 caused fps drop.

I get an error message when running in dx10. Does this mean I am stuck with dx9?

Anyone?

klem
04-06-2011, 08:02 PM
Moved my question from the other thread to keep it clean.

Well, I need some help here:

Also, which config is it? Both?

In Win 7 the effective conf.ini appears to be the one under the [Drive]:\Users\[name]\My Documents\1C Soft Club\il-2 sturmovik Cliffs of Dover\conf.ini

In XP you'll have to work it out but it seems to be in the 'User' section/profile somewhere.

'Objects' and 'Master' seemed to work for me.

Good luck

kaisey
04-07-2011, 12:02 AM
Anyone?

Blade,

I cannot run dx10 because of my GFX card Nvidia 8600GT. the specs say i can, but i read a review and the it said that although it has dx10 support there is no way it will run a game in it. the game ran only after I changed to DX9
So I will be upgrading soon.

Maybe you should check you GFX card?

Bounder!
06-29-2011, 01:40 PM
Blade,

I cannot run dx10 because of my GFX card Nvidia 8600GT. the specs say i can, but i read a review and the it said that although it has dx10 support there is no way it will run a game in it. the game ran only after I changed to DX9
So I will be upgrading soon.

Maybe you should check you GFX card?

Hi, I'm new to the forums and have been enjoying flicking through all the useful information. The discussion regarding dx got me thinking - although I have a dx11 compatible graphics card and run vista 64, how can I tell if my rig is running CoD in dx10? After googling the best answer I could come up with was to:

Open Run from the Start menu.
2.Type "dxdiag" without quotes and click OK or press Enter.
This gives you all the information about your DirectX version, Video card etc

I can see that my DirectX version is: DirectX 11. I had assumed I was running CoD in dx10 (since obv no dx11) and to be honest had no idea I could choose which dx to run a game in! Seeing that people are discussing changing dx9/dx10 is there a way to check which version I am running CoD in?

Cheers.

Vengeanze
06-29-2011, 05:55 PM
Seeing that people are discussing changing dx9/dx10 is there a way to check which version I am running CoD in?

Cheers.
Yep. Check your conf.ini for Render=.

D3D09_0 is DirectX version 09
D3D10_0 is DirectX version 10
D3D10_1 is DirectX version 10.1
D3D11_0 is DirectX version 11

If I got it wrong plz correct me.

Like you said this game doesn't support DirectX 11 yet to my knowledge. It's going to in the future I think. But think it supports DirectX 10.1 which is almost same thing as 11.

SPITACE
07-12-2011, 09:46 PM
hi all i am trying to run the sim on win7 64bit and i am geting the black screen see no planes etc etc.... i will try to do the redist direct x thing and hope it works is there any thing else i can try?

mediasorcerer
07-13-2011, 01:36 PM
This thread is for sharing your problem or fixable issues with BOB COD.

Also, share your BOB COD configurations and settings.

Please include your version of BOB COD (w/patches) when you post.

You should include your system specs to save time

can someone please help me turn off the grey window top left hand corner,i cant seem to turn the icon window off,not the text box[red] or map, the other grey window,i now have four open,and its really bugging me,tried everything,right clicking,left click with mouse and alt,wont work,any help be great ,thanks from me,regs ms.

btw,i have steam,latest patch. core i7,radeon 6750,runs ok,on med settings,just that damn window,aaaa

Ataros
07-13-2011, 01:42 PM
btw,i have steam,latest patch. core i7,radeon 6750,runs ok,on med settings,just that damn window,aaaa

ALT-leftclick to select, then alt-rightclick (or rightclick) to delete or configure. For more info search for "info-window" or "information window".

mediasorcerer
07-13-2011, 02:54 PM
ALT-leftclick to select, then alt-rightclick (or rightclick) to delete or configure. For more info search for "info-window" or "information window".

good one,thanx,will try right now and get back,i think i tried all that,i have what looks like four or five grey oblong empty windows in top left corner,you can imagine the frustration,thanks,david.:grin:

no luck,,

just tried activating mouse control,that works fine,then alt-click[left]on window, then right click for sub menu,but it does not come up with delete,only map,icon size,window,etc etc, its blocking a 1/6 of my whole computer screen. very annoying,ive looked in config settings for a toggle on of or the like,no luck either, may try reinstalling,cept its steam,should take only 15 hrs,aaaarrrr

i even tried to edit confuser.ini too with the cut/paste suggested in another thread,no luck either,

lothar29
07-20-2011, 07:43 AM
Originally Posted by 602Sqn.McLean
Does anyone know how I get my friggin money back. A couple of hours to load the friggin thing in friggin Steam and now it won't launch. Keeps telling me that the launcher crashes.
What a waste of friggin money. Years and years waiting and now this. What a total rip off.
Any other disk you just put it in and play. This stupid friggin system is a joke.
All the friggin problems I'm reading about is a joke. A total misrepresentation of the game was given. Now you have to be a friggin computer expert to change this and change that so it will run properly.
Who is responsible for this crap. If it was a friggin toaster you'd sue the bastard that sold it to you. ************************************************** ************************************************** ************************************************** ******
************************************************** ************************************************** ************************************************** *******
************************************************** ************************************************** ************************************************** ******
This really angry!

POS anything, the truth is that this thread is interesting, for the moment I already not touched the conf.ini because little thing you do, I will be very attentive to what he says in this thread...

Great idea

klem
07-20-2011, 08:23 AM
[B]Originally Posted by 602Sqn.McLean
Does anyone know how I get my friggin money back....................

This really angry!

POS anything, the truth is that this thread is interesting, for the moment I already not touched the conf.ini because little thing you do, I will be very attentive to what he says in this thread...

Great idea

I wouldn't wory about that guy. I don't know if he was banned but his earlier post in this thread shows him as a Guest and another post indicates he was making personal threats.

How he gets his money back is between him and his supplier.

How he gets it working could be between him and the rest of us if he posts some useful info like system specs (and calms down a bit).

Ataros
07-20-2011, 11:19 AM
then right click for sub menu,but it does not come up with delete,only map,icon size,window,etc etc,

This probably means the window is not activated properly. Try again. Try ctrl-rightclick instead of rightclick.

klem
07-20-2011, 11:40 AM
This probably means the window is not activated properly. Try again. Try ctrl-rightclick instead of rightclick.

or back up your Confuser.ini and paste this in to replace the existing [ChatWindow] section.

[ChatWindow]
0:-1=-posSize '0.000 0.900 0.150 0.100' -titleStr "Motor Controls" -alpha 130 -ualpha 0 -wrap -history 100
0:262144=-lay 1 -fnt 0 -clr 0
1:-1=-posSize '0.000 0.701 0.300 0.150' -titleStr "Secondary Controls" -alpha 130 -ualpha 0 -vscroll -wrap -history 5 -timeout 20
1:7=-font 1
1:4=-font 1
1:5=-font 1
2:-1=-posSize '0.700 0.000 0.300 0.201' -titleStr Communications -alpha 130 -ualpha 0 -vscroll -wrap -history 40 -timeout 30
2:2=-font 0
3:-1=-posSize '0.739 0.781 0.261 0.219' -titleStr "Info Window" -border -alpha 130 -ualpha 0 -vscroll -wrap -history 100 -timeout 30
3:3=-font 0
3:131072=0
3:1=-font 1
4:-1=-posSize '0.250 0.100 0.500 0.850' -titleStr "Player Stats" -title -border -alpha 50 -ualpha 0 -custom
4:-2=-font 3 -color 0 -columnWidth '0.100 0.250 0.350 0.100 0.100 0.101' -columnSort 2

It may not be what you want but as an experiment it should give you:

Secondary Controls (Compass heading, brakes etc) in bottom left, large blue font)
Motor graphic (throttle etc) just to right of Secondary Controls
(Radar Controller) Communications in top right, red font
Information and Chat in bottom right (Chat lines in larger font) in white or country font
A better stats layout down the center of the screen.

Leaves top left clear for the Tab commands

NedLynch
07-27-2011, 02:20 AM
I know this is probably a lot to ask for, but would anyone be willing to post what the things in the config file mean and how changing especially the graphics values will affect the game?
I think I do recognise some things in there from IL2 1946 but some things and their values are a complete mistery to me.

And if I change the config file should I also disable steam cloud for the game?

Thanks in advance for any help with this :-D

Krupinski
08-03-2011, 04:29 AM
I can't get the game to exit with the esc key have to use clt+alt+del. I purchased the game through steam if it matters. I run vista 64. Has anyone had a similar problem?

klem
08-03-2011, 11:03 AM
I can't get the game to exit with the esc key have to use clt+alt+del. I purchased the game through steam if it matters. I run vista 64. Has anyone had a similar problem?

Can't help with the cause but have you tried hitting:-
Windows Key
or
Ctrl+Esc
or
Alt+Tab
to access the taskbar then right-click on the Taskbar CoD icon and Close?

Shouldn't be necessary of course.

Old_Canuck
08-19-2011, 06:39 PM
S! Gentlemen. Can someone here help me reverse CoD's left/right sounds for a Plantronics USB headset? I've tried conf.ini "Soundflags.reversestereo=[settings 0 - 2]" and no change. Can't find a setting for this in the audio menu and have Googled this subject to death, searched all CoD forums and read all six pages of this thread. There's some good stuff in here for later reference BTW :grin:

Other than this little problem, the game is running ok for a beta on my Win 7 rig.

NedLynch
08-21-2011, 02:03 AM
You changed the conf in the 1CSoftClub folder, right?

Other than that, what about changing the channels directly in windows?

Old_Canuck
08-21-2011, 02:29 AM
You changed the conf in the 1CSoftClub folder, right?

Other than that, what about changing the channels directly in windows?

I tried changing in 1CSoftclub folder, yes. Reversing stereo in windows is a possibility alright but it would be a pain if it had to be changed back every time. FB has a reverse stereo option in the audio menu and it neatly solved a similar problem. Will wait a bit longer for more ideas before making a formal request to the developers.

OC

RickRuski
08-21-2011, 04:57 AM
I see from some posts that some of us are having trouble running DX10 for the game, from what I can find DX10--11 are "Vista--Win 7"" exclusive and won't run successfully in "XP". So even if you have a Graphics card that says "DX10 Compatible" and have it installed with an XP system you will only have DX9 available. If i have the understanding of this wrong please correct me.

NedLynch
08-21-2011, 05:26 PM
You should be absolutely correct there. Yhe game does not support dx11 right now anyway, so the conf should have dx10_0 or dx9 in it (sorry not sure what the correct line for dx9 is).
I tried setting it to dx10_1, not good, artifacts in game, same if I set it to dx11, though dx11 should come at some point since someone found folders for that somewhere in the game's directory. dx11 should actually give an improvement as well since you can do more with each pixel more economically.

SturmKreator
12-25-2011, 04:39 AM
I'm Gonna make my own based review from this game, I buy this game with 80% of discount, becouse I read a lot of critics about this new simulator.

First, My machine is:

Amd 250x2 @3.6 ghz
2gb ram ddr2
Hd4850 521mb
19" Screen (max resolution: 1280x1024)

This is my first time playing COD. When I enter in COD by first time, I try to adjust every setting to make run the game in the best possible way.

When I choose the battle and enter to the flight for the first time, this have a lot of stuttering, I only choose a map over the sea with 4 planes!!, Well after 2 minutes of constant stuttering, I can fly properly with a little lag.

After 5 minutes fighting, then the game fridge, I close the game and start all the process again. I choose the same scenary, and past 5 minutes again, and the game fridge again!!!

I feel if I was playing a beta with 50% of progress, this sim need a long way of work, and then I read from luthier where this game gonna receive less priority...

Well at least I lost 10 dolars, I feel really bad, becouse I love the ww2 sims and the entire Il-2 saga.

Excuse my English.

FS~Phat
12-25-2011, 04:44 AM
No offense but your system hardly meets the minimum requirements.
Your video card is 3 generations behind and almost 4years old. Can I suggest you wait for the new beta graphics engine and try again. It is likely you will need an upgrade including more system ram to properly appreciate this simulation.

SturmKreator
12-25-2011, 05:12 AM
No offense but your system hardly meets the minimum requirements.
Your video card is 3 generations behind and almost 4years old. Can I suggest you wait for the new beta graphics engine and try again. It is likely you will need an upgrade including more system ram to properly appreciate this simulation.

I dont think so, the software is too poorly optimized, my vga still can run every game at max settings with my configuration, so that is not the problem, by that logic, only high-end pcs user could run this sim? graphics are not too amazing for me.

but the new engine come whith the new game right?

And waht about the memory leak? and crash?

jayrc
12-25-2011, 05:59 AM
Nope, new engine comes with free patch, and you will need to upgrade your ram and video card to at least 4gb ram and 1gb vram

FS~Phat
12-25-2011, 07:32 AM
I dont think so, the software is too poorly optimized, my vga still can run every game at max settings with my configuration, so that is not the problem, by that logic, only high-end pcs user could run this sim? graphics are not too amazing for me.

Yes the game is still being optimised but your system barely meets minimum requirements. The new engine will be released as a no charge patch but not all the new features will be available until the new sequel (can't believe im saying this again!)

Do any of you actually read the forum rules for not posting about things that have already been answered?

It wouldn't take you more then 5 secs to search for "minimum requirements" and see that you barely have what it takes to run this sim. You will need at least a 1GB vram GPU and minimum 4GB system Ram is recommended.

Please see below and you would be well advised to take this advice and run along and not cause any trouble by arguing with a moderator that has offered you some friendly advice. :)

OPERATING SYSTEM: Windows® 7 / Vista SP2 / Windows XP SP3
PROCESSOR: Pentium® Dual-Core 2.0GHz or Athlon™ X2 3800+ (Intel Core i5 2.66GHz or AMD Phenom II X4 2.6GHz recommended)
RAM: 2GB (4GB recommended)
VIDEO CARD:DirectX® 9.0c compliant, 512Mb Video Card (1GB DirectX® 10 recommended) – See supported List*
DIRECT X®: DirectX® 9.0c (included on disc)
DVD-ROM DRIVE: 8X
SOUND CARD: DirectX 9.0c compatible (… recommended)
HARD DISK: 10GB
PERIPHERALS: Mouse, keyboard
MULTIPLAY: Broadband connection with 128 kbps upstream or faster
An internet connexion is required to activate the game
*SUPPORTED VIDEO CARDS AT TIME OF RELEASE:
ATI® : 4850/4870/5830/5850/5770/5870/6870/6950/6970
NVidia®: 8800/9800/250/260/275/285/460/465/470/480

159th_Jester
12-25-2011, 08:08 AM
You will need at least a 1GB vram GPU and minimum 4GB system Ram is recommended.

Not quite true.

I run CloD on the following PC:

AMD x2 240 @2.8GHz
2GB DDR2 Corsair RAM
nVidia GTX260 896MB
On board sound with AC97 codecs
Win XP Pro 32-bit

I do have problems with some kind of memory leak in the sim (will crash if I don't restart inbetween missions), but the sim runs well on medium/ low settings (models on high) even with engagements of 20 or more aircraft over land (but NOT over London!! :) ).

As you'll notice the other poster you were replying to has a stronger CPU than mine (not sure how his GFX card compares to mine.... I'm not well versed in ATI cards). Needless to say, if he's running Win 7 or Vista with only 2GB RAM he's on a none-starter anyway (I didn't notice him mention an op system in his post).

The problem he's having I would guess is more to do with unrealistic expectations: He needs to spend some time tweaking his in game GFX settings to find the best balance of graphics and performance. If I can do it on my PC I can't see why he can't do it on his (unless he's running Vista or Win 7)

Baron
12-25-2011, 09:45 AM
They would be out of business in 3 days after the launch, because other game genre customers would in no way stomach a game released in a state like CoD.

Not they are doing us a favor by working on a ww2 flight sim, but we are doing them a favor for buying and supporting a game in such a state.

I'm sorry, but I'm sure BoM will be in a similar state at its launch, with tons of bugs and broken features too. And you can quote me on it!

I really-really hope I'll be proven wrong, because i do love ww2 (flight) sims, but.. time will tell :(

Its pretty clear that u dont play any other types of games out there, if u did u would know that that is hogwash. There are games and developers out there that makes CloD and its state pail in comparison, especially when taking into account what u pay for and what u get for that money.

And to top it of, other game genre customers stomachs a he** of a lot more than the IL2 fan base let me tell u. Most fan bases dont give rats a** as long as they get to kill stuff as suppose to this community that counts rivets and demands stuff that 90% off us never even notice anyways and when they dont get it they start their own personal crusade.

Other game genre developers should (and probably are) counting thire blessings they aint in the flight sim businesses.

So no, u are not doing them any favours, THEY are doing YOU a huge favour by even trying.

BTW. Dont worry, soon u will have forgotten all this because u are having a blast playing CloD and all its sequels, just like with IL2 Sturmovik, trust me.

Insuber
12-25-2011, 10:05 AM
I'm Gonna make my own based review from this game, I buy this game with 80% of discount, becouse I read a lot of critics about this new simulator.

First, My machine is:

Amd 250x2 @3.6 ghz
2gb ram ddr2
Hd4850 521mb

This is my first time playing COD. When I enter in COD by first time, I try to adjust every setting to make run the game in the best possible way.

When I choose the battle and enter to the flight for the first time, this have a lot of stuttering, I only choose a map over the sea with 4 planes!!, Well after 2 minutes of constant stuttering, I can fly properly with a little lag.

After 5 minutes fighting, then the game fridge, I close the game and start all the process again. I choose the same scenary, and past 5 minutes again, and the game fridge again!!!

I feel if I was playing a beta with 50% of progress, this sim need a long way of work, and then I read from luthier where this game gonna receive less priority...

Well at least I lost 10 dolars, I feel really bad, becouse I love the ww2 sims and the entire Il-2 saga.

Excuse my English.

Flight sims stress to a max all the components of a PC. This was true for MS FS series, Rise of Flight, DCS Black Shark and now DCS Warthog. And for any other non-arcade flight sim that I can remember. Added to that, CoD has also some optimization problems.
But in your case I would not complain CoD, your system features a CPU with no L3 cache, 234 million transistors (phenom II x4 950, launched before yours, had 758 million transistors), and a narrow memory bandwidth. It was a low end CPU in 2009, priced below 90 $.
You have also only 2GB DDR2 RAM: apart from their insufficiency for CloD per se, it's likely that you have XP which means DX9. A lot of users have issues with XP and DX9.
The video card is not bad, but it is 3.5 years old, and moreover its 512 MB would put you in troubles even with Rise of Flight, which is now well optimized.

I know what I'm speaking about because initially I tried CloD on a dual core, 2GB, 8800gt 512 MB system. No deal, it was either freezing and stuttering or needed to be played at very low settings.

Mate, all in all you need an upgrade if you like CloD, or even if you want to play RoF at high settings.

Cheers

Insuber
12-25-2011, 10:19 AM
Not quite true.

I run CloD on the following PC:

AMD x2 240 @2.8GHz
2GB DDR2 Corsair RAM
nVidia GTX260 896MB
On board sound with AC97 codecs
Win XP Pro 32-bit

I do have problems with some kind of memory leak in the sim (will crash if I don't restart inbetween missions), but the sim runs well on medium/ low settings (models on high) even with engagements of 20 or more aircraft over land (but NOT over London!! :) ).

As you'll notice the other poster you were replying to has a stronger CPU than mine (not sure how his GFX card compares to mine.... I'm not well versed in ATI cards). Needless to say, if he's running Win 7 or Vista with only 2GB RAM he's on a none-starter anyway (I didn't notice him mention an op system in his post).

The problem he's having I would guess is more to do with unrealistic expectations: He needs to spend some time tweaking his in game GFX settings to find the best balance of graphics and performance. If I can do it on my PC I can't see why he can't do it on his (unless he's running Vista or Win 7)

Your 260 is >50% quicker than his 4850, and has 75% more GDDR3 VRAM. Do the math, mate ...

SturmKreator
12-25-2011, 12:55 PM
Flight sims stress to a max all the components of a PC. This was true for MS FS series, Rise of Flight, DCS Black Shark and now DCS Warthog. And for any other non-arcade flight sim that I can remember. Added to that, CoD has also some optimization problems.
But in your case I would not complain CoD, your system features a CPU with no L3 cache, 234 million transistors (phenom II x4 950, launched before yours, had 758 million transistors), and a narrow memory bandwidth. It was a low end CPU in 2009, priced below 90 $.
You have also only 2GB DDR2 RAM: apart from their insufficiency for CloD per se, it's likely that you have XP which means DX9. A lot of users have issues with XP and DX9.
The video card is not bad, but it is 3.5 years old, and moreover its 512 MB would put you in troubles even with Rise of Flight, which is now well optimized.

I know what I'm speaking about because initially I tried CloD on a dual core, 2GB, 8800gt 512 MB system. No deal, it was either freezing and stuttering or needed to be played at very low settings.

Mate, all in all you need an upgrade if you like CloD, or even if you want to play RoF at high settings.

Cheers

I could run BlackSharck, ROF, at full graphics, over 50 FPS

159th_Jester
12-25-2011, 02:11 PM
Your 260 is >50% quicker than his 4850, and has 75% more GDDR3 VRAM. Do the math, mate ...

As I said, I don't know how nVidia and ATI cards compare. Thanks for clarifying that. Hope my post didn't muddy the waters.

Insuber
12-25-2011, 04:10 PM

Sorry mate, review your RoF settings. What you say is technically impossible: with 512MB of video RAM, RoF *doesn't allow* you to max out the video settings, like textures quality, object density and FSAA >2. Of course if you reduce resolution to 800x600 everything changes ... :-). And having had a system similar to yours I know that it's strictly impossible to run RoF at 50 fps with the max allowed settings. I had big issues with Black Shark also: low graphics to have acceptable performance.

Cheers,
Insuber

BigC208
12-25-2011, 04:27 PM

Congratulations! You still can't play CloD with that rig. Should you be able to? Yes you should, it says so on the box. They screwed the pooch with the minimum requirements. With my old system (6600 duocore @3.4 ghz, 8800gts640mb 4 gig ram) I could also play pretty much any other sim out there. The only way I could get CloD to play was turn the graphics down. It looked like 1991's Chuck Yeager Air Combat. Because I loved what I saw on better computers I spend the money to be able to play the sim at high settings.

So, you are right to be dissapointed. On the other hand you knew going in what the facts were from reading the forum. My advice for you. Wipe CloD from your hard drive and keep playing the sims your system can handle. Try again after the new patch and see if they performed a miracle and it runs on your rig. If they failed you have two options. Get over it or spend $1000 and run it properly. I know it sounds a bit harsh but that's reallity. All this optimizing for antique systems IMHO is standing in the way of progress. Flight sims have always been pushing the graphics boundaries. Designing this sim without the bennefits of the latest graphics card developements hobbles it's future potential. This point of view would have been elitist and arrogant just a few years ago. Today, on the other hand, you can buy a Windows 7, 64bit system with a dx11 gpu and 8 gigs of ram for around a thousand bucks. Upgrade or be left behind.

SturmKreator
12-25-2011, 04:32 PM
Sorry mate, review your RoF settings. What you say is technically impossible: with 512MB of video RAM, RoF *doesn't allow* you to max out the video settings, like textures quality, object density and FSAA >2. Of course if you reduce resolution to 800x600 everything changes ... :-). And having had a system similar to yours I know that it's strictly impossible to run RoF at 50 fps with the max allowed settings. I had big issues with Black Shark also: low graphics to have acceptable performance.

Cheers,
Insuber

my max resolution is 1280x1024

SturmKreator
12-25-2011, 04:34 PM
Congratulations! You still can't play CloD with that rig. Should you be able to? Yes you should, it says so on the box. They screwed the pooch with the minimum requirements. With my old system (6600 duocore @3.4 ghz, 8800gts640mb 4 gig ram) I could also play pretty much any other sim out there. The only way I could get CloD to play was turn the graphics down. It looked like 1991's Chuck Yeager Air Combat. Because I loved what I saw on better computers I spend the money to be able to play the sim at high settings.

So, you are right to be dissapointed. On the other hand you knew going in what the facts were from reading the forum. My advice for you. Wipe CloD from your hard drive and keep playing the sims your system can handle. Try again after the new patch and see if they performed a miracle and it runs on your rig. If they failed you have two options. Get over it or spend $1000 and run it properly.

I'll have to do that

Robert
12-25-2011, 06:14 PM

Your System:

Amd 250x2 @3.6 ghz
2gb ram ddr2
Hd4850 521mb

I have:

a duo core 6700

4gb RAM (32 bit OS allows 3gb)

The same video card as you

Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium soundcard

and a 19 inch monitor running 1024 x 768 resolution for RoF.

I can't run it all maxed and expect to get in a fur ball. Just the max ground textures alone will cause my card to use 128% of my memory. We won't mention how AA, maximum light sources and multi sampling make the game run like.

I recorded a track while playing. I then replayed the track at almost full settings and it was choppy.

You ain't running RoF at full settings. No way..... especially at the resolutions you're claiming.

Verhängnis
12-26-2011, 02:32 AM
Yes of course he lies... Rise of Flights Max settings would require twice the power his computer has, and some. Because even if he had say a Quad Core and a 1024Mb graphics card with 4 gig of Ram, that would reach the reccommended settings only.

DCS on the other hand, is actually very efficient in that it needs little processing power. So is Rise of Flight, but he wouldn't get it on max settings with over 50 FPS, no way.

FS~Phat
12-26-2011, 08:10 AM

Yeah you do need an upgrade, it doesn't matter if your system can run every other game on the planet. You're trying to run Il-2 Sturmovik CLiffs of Dover and that requires more system than what you have.

do a search for people who have ran this game without too much issues and look at their systems

on my last job, We have this our 4+ core (cant tell how many cores it has, disclosure agreement), 32+ gig ram, dual sli 1 G nvidia equipped This is used by our clients for video editing.

my boss wants a few backups so we build some extras, and test them :)

when Clod is the only thing running on it, sometimes it'll crash, and when we pull the logs its cuz CLod ran it to the ground.

This server they've had played cysis 2, with dragon age 2 paused and minimized, maya running and lightwave doing a render, while vegas running sync edits, with Space Marine running, pandora, and MS office 2010 can do a mail merge. Plus doing a data transfers to another server. no crashes or slowdowns.

yea clod needs to be optimized, but it likes beast systems and won't give weaksauce systems the time of day.

Clod by itself sometimes crashes it. but at least it runs enough to have some fun.

I'd put clod on my humble dual core dell with 4 gig ram 1 gig nvidia, the desktop hated me. wouldn't run at all.

Save yourself a headache, upgrade or get something better.

Post relocated from Q&A

pateador
12-26-2011, 03:59 PM
Try typing exactly: fps START SHOW

Fps start show

Also,

Ravenmickel
04-04-2012, 03:57 PM
Hi, I am newbie to CoD from Sweden (sorry for my not perfect english, hope You understand) and have not yet learned more than doing basic flying in Hurricane, Me 109 and Spitfire in the quickmissions. A problem destroys the experience though :(
The game (I have the latest version via steam update, to this date = april 4th, 2012) every time after one to two minutes "crashes" down to the bottom of my screen, the bar/field there in Windows 7. I do not know its english name * for sure. Maybe it is the "activity field"/"activity bar"?

I.e. the game behaves as if I runned the game in a windoved mode and volontary "clicked it" down to the bar so I can see/use the windows desktop. It even has it's icon there and it comes up to normal when I click on it - and then I can fly for a minute again before it repeat the same problem. It makes learning the sim quite impossible. I do not have a clue what to do to fix this? Please help me if You can.
I start the game via clicking on the Icon, the comes the steam and then after shift+tab (it does not btw respond on that commando without multiple tries). I then come to the game proper screens without problems. I have tried the game in 1920 x 1200 and several other resolutions. Now I use 1600 x 1200 for better FPS with most videooptions maxed out. I have AA to 8x, disabled the anti-Ep filter, use SSAO and VSYNC (have tried all other combinations too, I think..). The problem is the same when I try it on fullscreen, pseudo or off.
I have no problems with DCS A-10C or Rise of Flight or other programs I have.

MY PC: MSI motherboard. AMD Phenomen(tm)II x6 1100T processor. 3,3 GHz. I have two AMD Radeon HD 6900grafic cards with cross-fire. 17 GB installed memory. I have Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit. The game is installed in the standard way on my C-drive. My screen is a Samsung syncmaster with max resolution 1920 x 1200, 60 Hz. I use TM Hotas Warthog (mapped ingame for buttons and axes),Saitec Pro Combat rudderpedals and a Logitech G19 keyboard.
I have the latest driver for my graphics card says the program when I tried to update it (Advanced Micro Devices, Inc, date 2012-03-08, version: 8.951.0.0).

I just hope that someone here can give me advice what to do.
Best Regards, Michael E, Sweden

Ravenmickel
04-06-2012, 02:39 PM
Thank You klem!!!!!

Changing in conf.ini to: Render=D3D9_0 instead of Render=D3D10_0, made the trick. I now can fly the time I want to :grin:

Best Rgds // Michael E

RCSuardi
12-28-2012, 11:40 PM
Hi there Pilots...

I had installed the CoD few days ago.

The simulator is running ok in all single player types of flight, but when I try to enter in a Online server the game begin to came very slow in the map screen. Ater a while the speed turn back to normal but when I try to select an airfield to take off, the simulator stop working and a Windows "close Cliffs of Dover" appears on the screen.

Can anybody help me to make possible for me online flights?????

klem
12-29-2012, 06:51 AM
Hi there Pilots...

I had installed the CoD few days ago.

The simulator is running ok in all single player types of flight, but when I try to enter in a Online server the game begin to came very slow in the map screen. Ater a while the speed turn back to normal but when I try to select an airfield to take off, the simulator stop working and a Windows "close Cliffs of Dover" appears on the screen.

Can anybody help me to make possible for me online flights?????

Please post your PC specs, like under my signature, or it's unlikely anyone can help.