PDA

View Full Version : Stick and Rudder issue

Biggs
03-29-2011, 01:24 PM
So i finally dug up my CH rudder pedals and tried to give em a try just now. as of now i was just using the "z" and "x" on the keyboard.

I had the CH Combatstick all set up just fine. the X and Y axis were working fine and the Z worked the throttle...

But when I hooked up the pedals and tried to assign them to an axis, the computer decided to give them the X and Y, which basically overrides the combat stick rendering it useless...

I dont know how to solve this... and I dont particularly like flying with my feet!

can anyone help?

TheGrunch
03-29-2011, 01:35 PM
Don't you just need to re-bind your joystick? Now that you've added the pedals they've taken ID1 and your joystick is ID2, I expect. So you just need to rebind the joystick in the game.

Biggs
03-29-2011, 01:38 PM
wont let me... its like the stick isnt even connected anymore (but of course it is)

this is in my "confUser" file

[HotKey pilotMove]
Joystick1+AXE_Z=1rudder
Joystick+AXE_Z=-1throttle
Joystick2+AXE_Y=1elevator
Joystick2+AXE_X=1aileron

what does yours look like?

Biggs
03-29-2011, 01:47 PM
where do i assign ID1 and ID2.. in game? cause i think your right about them both being ID1s

TheGrunch
03-29-2011, 01:50 PM
I haven't got the game yet. :-P Sounds like a bug, then! Suggestion: Rename your Confuser.ini file, reboot your computer or at least close Steam, and try again from scratch with everything plugged in from the start.
Then, copy the keybindings section over from your old Confuser.ini.

choctaw111
03-29-2011, 02:01 PM
Perhaps you can create a CH profile.
It allows you to combine all of your controllers.

Biggs
03-29-2011, 02:18 PM
i downloaded CH manager and re calibrated both devices. I gave the pedals axis "R" but it still comes up ingame as the rudder moment being "X" and the toe brake being "Y".

very confusing.

Biggs
03-29-2011, 03:17 PM
is anyone else running CH devices both pedals and stick without problem?

Ploughman
03-29-2011, 03:17 PM
Here's mine

Joystick+AXE_RZ=1rudder
Joystick+AXE_Y=1elevator
Joystick+AXE_X=1aileron
Joystick+AXE_U=1throttle

I've rudder on a twist. I would assume that if you've two peripherals then you should discriminate by one being joystick1 and t'other being joystick2. If you put a - before the 1 ie; =-1rudder then it inverts the axis. Hope that helps some.

seaeye
03-29-2011, 03:47 PM
is anyone else running CH devices both pedals and stick without problem?

Hey, try this site out for walk throughs on how to get them working together:http://www.ch-hangar.com/forum/forum.php

Took me a day or two to work it all out, it's pretty simple in the end.

Biggs
03-29-2011, 06:34 PM
Hey, try this site out for walk throughs on how to get them working together:http://www.ch-hangar.com/forum/forum.php

Took me a day or two to work it all out, it's pretty simple in the end.

you mind just telling me how you "worked it all out"?

Targ
03-29-2011, 06:52 PM
Here is a basic map for you.

Make sure and load the map, than download it and than use the stick in direct mode. Once the english version is out we will get a map file and profile for the CH gear.

Also make sure that you go into axes section of the controls and set up your aileron, elevator, Rudder and throttle control up.

seaeye
03-29-2011, 07:04 PM
you mind just telling me how you "worked it all out"?

I could but I would be just repeating what has been written to a much higher standard than I can hope to reproduce here. Join the forum, download the 'Dummies Guide' and you'll have it sorted in no time.

Biggs
03-29-2011, 07:46 PM
i somehow got the rudder working now .. and the stick is now "joystick 1" and the rudders are just "joystick" in the game, but the buttons on the stick arent working now.. I went back and reset the old joystick button commands to "joystick 1" but no dice....

its like its not recognizing any of the buttons on the stick.

I seem to be going in circles with this thing.:confused:

BTW can someone send me a copy of their default "confUser" I screwed mine up.

Targ
03-29-2011, 09:09 PM
Did you download the map I uploaded?

If you had followed the instructions than you would have zero issues with a ch hotas setup.

Have you been to the CH hanger and downloaded the manual that was described in this thread?

Biggs
03-29-2011, 09:25 PM
Did you download the map I uploaded?

If you had followed the instructions than you would have zero issues with a ch hotas setup.

Have you been to the CH hanger and downloaded the manual that was described in this thread?

no quite sure how to upload... in game there is a section it seems to go and find a file but the ".map" files arent seen by the game.

I need to find a way to get the game to see the stick as "joystick" and teh rudders as "Joystick 1"...

Right now I either get to use the rudder and stick, but no stick buttons (or any buttons at all even keyboard) to fire the guns.. or i get to use the stick and the sticks buttons to fire , but no pedals....

ultra frustration.

Edit: I think i need to alter something in the confUser file but im not sure what it is yet.

_79_dev
03-29-2011, 10:01 PM
What system are u running, if it is 64bit taht mat be compability issue, make sure u run everything in admin mode and win xp sp3 compability, that sorted my issues for example joy problem, missing tracres etc...