PDA

View Full Version : OFF-TOPIC

Evgeny
10-02-2007, 06:07 AM
Well, guys this is the topic for the threads like "elevator is porked" and the like. So please write such things here otherwise your posts will be deleted. Thank you in advance.

bigbossmalone
10-02-2007, 07:19 AM
Great stuff - lets see if we can keep all the 'silly' threads to one area, so the rest of us can hopefully ignore them, and get on with the serious business of having FUN!
:lol:

JG52Uther
10-02-2007, 08:46 AM
+1

DKoor
10-02-2007, 10:50 AM
This forum is great.................I like yellow color!

DKoor
10-02-2007, 10:52 AM
http://i119.photobucket.com/albums/o125/DKoor/il2/ju87_dive.gif

Megile
10-02-2007, 11:53 AM
Well, guys this is the topic for the threads like "elevator is porked" and the like. So please write such things here otherwise your posts will be deleted. Thank you in advance.

aye aye Cap'n!

DKoor
10-02-2007, 01:12 PM
We need more smileys on this forum.
Can it be arranged?

:(

Bearcat
10-02-2007, 02:54 PM
I think he means business too..... :lol:

Shadow
10-02-2007, 03:09 PM
Thanks for the heads up, Evgeny :)

I think the jokers just needed to get it out of their (our :oops: ) systems.

Things should settle pretty quickly.

Kira1985
10-02-2007, 03:36 PM
We need more planes.
190D-12? Tempest 11lbs? P-51A? P-47N? A bunch of jets in the game and we don't get any of these! :roll:

WTF is up with that P-38 triple summersault?
The 190 wing snapped when pulling up at 850kph, wtf! Porked! :evil:

Why no 4096x4096 skins? This game is SO outdated! Oleg??

*runs and hides*

flox
10-02-2007, 05:49 PM
So please write such things here otherwise your posts will be deleted.

+1000

Thanks Evgeny!

JG52Karaya
10-02-2007, 07:41 PM
Nice, one more forum to spam! :D :twisted:

heywooood
10-03-2007, 02:12 AM
this is new best thread ever....all spammmmm 100%

CrashBangWallop
10-03-2007, 12:01 PM
Mmmm.

Wasn't Lend Lease great!!!

...and so crucial!!!

Fab thread...Discuss

:D

DKoor
10-03-2007, 03:00 PM
While we're at it........I just bought Soviet Land Lease WW2 Aces from Osprey.
It looks promising.

Megile
10-03-2007, 03:04 PM
I just bought Soviet Land Lease WW2 Aces from Osprey.

Land Lease? Was there a soviet-american real estate deal I should know about?

Foo'bar
10-03-2007, 03:30 PM
Alaska perhaps... :wink:

Megile
10-03-2007, 07:04 PM
touché

Kira1985
10-04-2007, 06:00 AM
So where's the off-topic SECTION? Is this topic "IT" or am I missing something?

Shadow
10-04-2007, 06:10 AM
I swear, Kira, it looks like your avatar has no knickers on.

Can you slow it down for me?

Triad773
10-04-2007, 06:11 AM
Looks like Evgeny made a fighter sweep over the area :shock: Well that's what he does no doubt so no fault there.

Evgeny Sir- some contrast would really help your avatar. Also, respectfully there is sometimes banter between the participants and the mods on some forums. Is dialogue something you are OK with? Maybe a little conversation as to what you are having and what is desirable as to this forum?

Just an option to consider.

Regards

Triad

Evgeny
10-04-2007, 06:15 AM
Ok, I'll be glad to have a conversation with you and any member of the forum. What are you interested in? :)

Triad773
10-04-2007, 06:31 AM
Hi Evgeny - thanks for your response :D I for one would like information as to why UBI and 1C have forums for the same simulator. If you feel this is not good to have in open forum, please let me know, delete this post and we could take it to private messages and such if needed.

As you likely know, many of us have been playing this IL-2 for some years. Also many of us very much like Oleg Maddox, the developer with IL-2/1946, and his perceived vision of where flight simulation is going, in particular the much anticipated Battle of Britain: Storm of War. I feel that many would benefit from any information that might be posted regarding the UBI-1C relationship as it pertains to us users and this simulation. I understand that said information would be forthcoming if it were available, but obviously there has been some time since any meaningful updates on this next generation simulation. Any information regarding this situation as you might imagine would be very much appreciated by the community that has developed around this simulation since 2001.

Also regarding your avatar- being a graphic artist by trade I hope you are not offended by my comment. I just was thinking that if you increased contrast by 10 to 20% it might be more appealing. Just my opinion Sir.

Thanks in advance for any information, and regards-

Triad

Evgeny
10-04-2007, 07:03 AM
Well, as for us and Ubi, 1C is the developer in this particular case and Ubi is the publisher. As for two forums for the same simulator, we launched this official forum for all 1C games and IL-2 is just one of them. Thank yo for yor questions.

Triad773
10-04-2007, 08:04 AM
Well- thanks Evgeny for your response. I guess a more pertinent question for some in our community is where are we to look for official updates? True there is a structure to the scenario, but where should we expect the latest news?

Thanks again

Cheers

Triad

Evgeny
10-04-2007, 08:11 AM
We'll post all the news in the corresponding topic.

fly_zo
10-04-2007, 08:50 AM
I don't get it , really attracting new members and increasing visits should be basic interest of every new forum or...? New forum which didn't make it to the second page already has 10+ locks?
Every serious subject regarding our precious sim has bean discussed sooo many times and with no new info what you expect from us to debate?
Is this forum just official formality for you guys or what? I mean, you called and we came ... so now what?

with regards
Z

p.s. we're even trying to live with that yellow thing...

Evgeny
10-04-2007, 09:11 AM
Well, you are free to discuss anything you like, but there are forum rules and you should post things like "elevator is porked" in the OFF-TOPIC section. And any new topic created should mean a new discussion of something concerning the game, e.g. "How do I center gunsight in axis aircraft?" It's absolutely normal and doesn't mean that you aren't alowed to discuss some of your interests, but you should do it in the corresponding section. Otherwise the whole forum will turn to chaos.
Hope for the understanding.

Thank you.

Jutocsa
10-04-2007, 09:16 AM
@Evgeny

I think he didnt mean to whine about the lock, more like asking a question, Now what ? And I bet a lot of - if not all - other people are asking the same question :) Point is, we all hope this forum will offer something new, something that wasnt offered yet at other places. At least it would be great to know if there is nothing particular behind the new forum, and its just another place to post at.

fly_zo
10-04-2007, 09:19 AM
edited: answer is referring to Evgenys post:

i totally agree but i was hoping that lock will came when OT posts start to choke this forum. Its still one page forum on this day for God sake...

thanks for answering
Z

Evgeny
10-04-2007, 09:26 AM
I understand you. Well, this forum is for discussion of anything connected with 1C games, including IL-2. And certainly we will post news and updates here. You can ask the questions about anything you want and we'll try to answer them as far as possible.

Thank you.

fly_zo
10-04-2007, 09:35 AM
Ok thats cleared ( i understand that you are under orders ... military speaking)

May I suggest something that other forums lacking of?
Topic for newcomers with all info about gunsight... landing wheels.... chokes .... and make it sticky (if possible)

Z

Triad773
10-04-2007, 09:55 AM
Hi Evgeny- I think the consensus is going toward the situation of a forum board vs. forum topic here. People who are signing up here are used to posting their topics in discussions within a board, not posts within that discussion- if that makes sense.

I administrate a few forums and am sensitive to what people expect. If they don't end up wanting what I am providing, they are likely to move onto other forums. But then I imagine there are Corporate guidelines as to what you can say/do much like anywhere else, and many branding standards as well. I am familiar with such things and you would be held blameless if people decided to move onto Mission for Today, CWOS or other sources of news on this sim. But none of it would be official. No news from UBI, you had said that [i]We'll post all the news in the corresponding topic does not give many a warm fuzzy feeling they once had about this simulation for which so many feel so strongly about. I think (IMHO) we were hoping for something new coming here it being one step closer to the developer, the gentleman we like so very much, Oleg Maddox.

But alas it seems at this point we are not. So if we are seeking answers for our simulation dilemma it is not here, but somewhere else- as of yet, undefined. That is as much as I have culled from your responses. If somehow I am in error, please feel free to correct this perception.

I am a big believer of forums and the potential they have for marketing/communication/maintaining interest. I think many of us are looking for are answers regarding this simulation and its future.

Regards

Triad

bigbossmalone
10-04-2007, 10:21 AM
Originally posted by heywooood: "go moderate the other boards BC - thanks"

We've bumped heads once before, mister...you MIGHT remember, so...
go be rude on the other boards heywooood - thanks
:shock:

DKoor
10-04-2007, 10:56 AM
I like the way Evgeny pwnz0red funny threads.

It may turn out that this forum has a chance after all 8)

Jutocsa
10-04-2007, 10:56 AM
I agree...ppl are shocked :D

carguy_
10-04-2007, 11:08 AM
:lol: There you have it.A forum in the heart of Russia and they don`t know crap about SOW.Good start for an informative initiative. :lol:

Shadow
10-04-2007, 02:51 PM
Not bad...

It only took three days for the IL2 forum to take top spot in posts!

We are a prolific bunch, aren't we :P

Megile
10-04-2007, 04:38 PM
I'm posting OT in the 1C forum! I feel dirty :?

:P

Sup peoples. Today was a good day. tommorow will be better.

carguy_
10-04-2007, 06:55 PM
^

You`re getting boring, dude.Only a briliant invasion somewhere may help you now.

SlipBall
10-04-2007, 08:44 PM
I understand you. Well, this forum is for discussion of anything connected with 1C games, including IL-2. And certainly we will post news and updates here. You can ask the questions about anything you want and we'll try to answer them as far as possible.

Thank you.

Hello Evgeny,
I am curious to know, if you work in the same building as Oleg Maddox, and the developement crew for 1C games. If so, it must be very interesting

1.JaVA_Platypus
10-04-2007, 08:56 PM
1C in general and Evgeny in particular showed more intrest in the fans of Il-2 then UBI in the past two or three years, bravo!! 8)

Triad773
10-04-2007, 09:02 PM
1C in general and Evgeny in particular showed more intrest in the fans of Il-2 then UBI in the past two or three years, bravo!! 8)

+1

na85
10-05-2007, 06:02 AM
I demand entertainment!

Where's Tagert and Josf? FIGHT!

Evgeny
10-05-2007, 06:25 AM
Hello Evgeny,
I am curious to know, if you work in the same building as Oleg Maddox, and the developement crew for 1C games. If so, it must be very interesting

Well, if you are interested, I'm working in the same building with Oleg and the development team for 1C games. :)

Bewolf
10-05-2007, 07:28 AM
So wait. this one topic here is for "all" the discussions? Fw190 bar meets 50 cal., yes?

Ohboyohboyohboy, this going to be epic!

Megile
10-05-2007, 09:44 AM
Well, if you are interested, I'm working in the same building with Oleg and the development team for 1C games. :)

Tell Oleg he has a sexy moustache.

fly_zo
10-05-2007, 09:48 AM
ok i'm convicted now, Megile is Oleg !!!

Evgeny
10-05-2007, 11:34 AM
Well, at the next week the Oleg Maddox Room is going to be opened. So wait a bit and he will come here and answer your questions.

fly_zo
10-05-2007, 12:03 PM
Well, at the next week the Oleg Maddox Room is going to be opened. So wait a bit and he will come here and answer your questions.

finally some great news.... jeeeeee

thank you very much for that :D :D :D

DKoor
10-05-2007, 12:26 PM
jeeeeee 8) 8) +1

bigbossmalone
10-05-2007, 01:47 PM
Oleg here? Next week?
Whoa - now that IS good news!
Preparing list of questions now....
:lol:

carguy_
10-05-2007, 01:59 PM

The statement was uncalled for.We REALLY don`t want the B17 and 50cal threds here.Even if I didn`t have anything against General Discussion attitude, the one over at UBI`s OMRR is unacceptable as a conversation,even remote, with such a developper deserves to be calm,respectful and serious.

Evgeny
10-05-2007, 02:04 PM
The statement was uncalled for.We REALLY don`t want the B17 and 50cal threds here.Even if I didn`t have anything against General Discussion attitude, the one over at UBI`s OMRR is unacceptable as a conversation,even remote, with such a developper deserves to be calm,respectful and serious.

Well, if so, what do you suggest?

carguy_
10-05-2007, 02:14 PM
IMO the poeple that are really interested in possesing some information would like Oleg Maddox to have a clear picture, meaning not needing to filter through all the dead issues let alone negative attitudes that might be lured here if we really get to talk to the man how it was in the old times.

I suggest heavy moderation ie. dumping just about any attempt to smuggle in some chaos.I think that some of the older or smarter folks visiting know exactly what is required to keep the developper typing some info or answering questions regulary.

Constructive OMRR needs all the complains and jokes being aside.

Triad773
10-05-2007, 02:23 PM

Thanks Evgeny! Best news since being here :D :D :D

tab_flettner
10-06-2007, 06:31 AM
"CrazyIvan swallowed it until the second coming of Oleg"

I fail to see how this is off topic.

DKoor
10-06-2007, 12:26 PM
Don't try to make this thread on topic. :evil:

heywooood
10-06-2007, 04:33 PM
Evgeny thank you for your patience...if it hasn't been already, it will be sorely tested in the coming days.

Thanks also to 1c for opening this board and inviting the hoard - we love Maddox flight simulations (I think I can speak for the group in general on that last statement) and look forward uncontrollably to the SoW franchise.

Triad773
10-06-2007, 05:55 PM
^ +1 8)

SlipBall
10-06-2007, 09:54 PM
Hello Evgeny,

Thank's :!: and good for you that you are right there in the middle of things.........have you ever flown as Oleg's wing man? WoW, talk about pressure...gotta keep the boss safe and happy, you don't want Mr Big getting ticked off at you :evil:

p.s. you do not have to answer that question:lol:

Evgeny
10-08-2007, 07:46 AM
IMO the poeple that are really interested in possesing some information would like Oleg Maddox to have a clear picture, meaning not needing to filter through all the dead issues let alone negative attitudes that might be lured here if we really get to talk to the man how it was in the old times.

I suggest heavy moderation ie. dumping just about any attempt to smuggle in some chaos.I think that some of the older or smarter folks visiting know exactly what is required to keep the developper typing some info or answering questions regulary.

Well, you are right, my idea is the same. Oleg's Room will be heavily moderated and there won't be anything but the vital questions and some thanks. Oleg is very busy person and he has not time to burrow into the great bunch of senseless posts. So, please, quys, don't clutter up the Room. It is in behalf of everyone here. Thank you in advance.

DKoor
10-08-2007, 01:48 PM

Well, you are right, my idea is the same. Oleg's Room will be heavily moderated and there won't be anything but the vital questions and some thanks. Oleg is very busy person and he has not time to burrow into the great bunch of senseless posts. So, please, quys, don't clutter up the Room. It is in behalf of everyone here. Thank you in advance. 8) Great to hear that!

I mean it.

flox
10-09-2007, 10:24 PM
Is the time on this forum off for everyone else too? I find that I need to set my time zone to GMT-4 to get the correct hour, even though I live in GMT-5. Even then, it's slow by 10 minutes.

Foo'bar
10-09-2007, 10:45 PM
Let's test then. In Germany it's 00:54 h now.

edit: yes, about 10 mins slow.

fly_zo
10-10-2007, 02:29 PM
@ Evgeny:

What will take to move il2 forum little bit nearer the top on forum list? We already have more posts then any other ... (il2 fans ego has been overmodeled from the start or we are spoiled bunch)

kristorf
10-10-2007, 02:39 PM
I think all the Human oppostion I go against is over modelled.

In AirWars I have been shot down and posted as KIA or MIA 8 times from 34 missions, with only 19 airkills to my name. :cry:

Oleg please sort so I am invinsible........ :wink: :wink:

Alloy007p
10-11-2007, 02:44 AM
Change it :arrow: :lol: to something that doesn't look wierd and give us the rolling on the floor smilie, in the next patch of course :mrgreen:

Jagdwaffe
10-11-2007, 08:44 AM
Is there a way to edit the colours of this forum so there are different on your own pc?

Evgeny
10-11-2007, 08:54 AM
These colours are the corporate colours of 1C company, so they can't be edited.

II./JG1_Krupinski
10-11-2007, 06:47 PM

Were they chosen by an Optometrist? Man I gotta wear shades here!

-Raven

DKoor
10-12-2007, 12:20 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1RWmblSCz0I

8)

fly_zo
10-12-2007, 01:37 AM
Is Friday "the Oleg's day" ?

~S~
Z

Sim
10-12-2007, 03:29 AM
Is Friday "the Oleg's day" ?

~S~
Z

Hopefully.

Sim
10-12-2007, 03:31 AM

Is it possible to turn off signatures of other posters, and if not, add it to forum's option/profile?

heywooood
10-12-2007, 03:44 AM
Evgeny wrote:
These colours are the corporate colours of 1C company, so they can't be edited. (heywooood loves teh yelo)

and then Sim wrote:
Is it possible to turn off signatures of other posters, and if not, add it to forum's option/profile?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

yes - except for mine and fly_zo's I agree 110%

striker85
10-12-2007, 05:38 PM

Do you get to fly any beta versions of SoW? Any thoughts on the new game?

Seeker
10-13-2007, 09:23 PM

I would so like this option!

DKoor
10-13-2007, 09:38 PM
There is a ton of other forum layouts.............for this phpbb forum.
http://www.phpbb.com/community/viewforum.php?f=22

Triad773
10-15-2007, 09:31 PM
Hey DKoor- true PHPbb, and SMF for that matter are forums with lots of varieties. Corporate culture often dictates a uniform look and feel to provide a cohesive, consistent message that is as identifiable with that corporation. As having done some contracts with corporate communications departments, I know first hand that some have what is known (unofficially) as "Branding Police" who enforce the company's look and feel, as well as educate staff designers and art directors as to what is acceptable and what is not.

More OT:
Racing Simulator Cockpit with real forces
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=17Cmel8rvjU&NR=1
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-2ryZY56EmI

Company
http://www.force-dynamics.com/content/index.php

Just imagine what they could do for aircraft sims like this one!

DKoor
10-15-2007, 10:40 PM
8)

Duke
10-16-2007, 04:38 AM

Just out of curiosity, why is there not an Off Topic or General Forum?

The only reason I ask is that these types of forums tend to help keep the spam away from all your serious content.

Sorry if this has already been asked.

Triad773
10-16-2007, 04:44 AM
Hi Duke- it is from my understanding of PHP-based forums the ability to sub-divide topics here. While on UBI, the format was flexible enough to divide boards onto sub-boards, this software is not.

This is like BOARD>SUB-BOARD>TOPIC, while Ubi's (or SMF or like-brand) is like BOARD>SUB-BOARD>CHILD (or sub-sub) BOARD>TOPIC.

Separate dividable entities by virtue of brand of software as I understand it.

That is what I understand from my familiarity with the variety of forum software.

Hope that helps some.

Regards

Triad

DKoor
10-16-2007, 11:56 AM
Great choice to lock the Oleg's thread.
User no longer have to dig thru all thathttp://i119.photobucket.com/albums/o125/DKoor/smileys/buttkiss.gif

Sim
10-21-2007, 05:27 PM
In case some of you guys don't follow, new information from E for All is being released. Here's a report by 20MM from SimHQ http://www.simhq.com/_commentary/all_037a.html

and this one is from me.

http://forum.digitalcombatsimulator.com/showthread.php?t=110

Jughead
10-22-2007, 04:06 PM
I am not a programmer but why hasn't anyone done something like this for a cockpit. I know there would have to be things like lighting and movement added but it looks real (because it is). Click on the red dot at the cockpit.
Got the link from another forum. http://www.bbmf.co.uk/vrqtf.html