PDA

View Full Version : First one in.

1.JaVA_Platypus
10-01-2007, 08:46 PM
Am I really the first one posting over here? Coooooool 8)

I have seen many screenshots of this game and I wonder if it is still in development and when it will be finally released. :)

megakill
10-02-2007, 05:39 AM
Hi! The game is actually finished and out for couple of months.
It can be purchased online at www.battlefront.com

bus
10-02-2007, 08:45 AM
Well, let us hope to see more of ToW in the future :)

FinnN
10-02-2007, 09:06 AM
The game itself is good, but with some serious (but not game breaking) flaws and omissions. There's some patches in the pipeline which look like they'll make a lot of difference and a very exciting sounding add-on for early next year. The game is also extremely moddable. The game has huge potential IMHO and I think it will eventually achieve that potential too.

There's quite a bit of info on the Battlefront forums, look through the many recent posts by 'Sneaksie' (from 1C) for info on what's planned.

Have fun
Finn

crazyman56
10-02-2007, 08:20 PM
lets we get more info from Battlefront here!!!!

fil
10-03-2007, 05:06 AM
http://www.gamestats.com/objects/496/496112/
Theatre of War
PRESS SCORE 7.1
GAMER SCORE 7.9

for example

Combat Mission: Shock Force
PRESS SCORE 6.6
GAMER SCORE 6.7

:oops: :!:

Reichenberg
10-03-2007, 09:02 AM
I think FinnN summed it up perfectly...

The only thing I want to add is that with ToW in its current state we are most likely still battleing with issues Codemasters demanded back in the days to push ToW towards the mainstream market. Hopefully time and 1c's work on ToW can move ToW into the direction of a serious tactical wargame with a realistic approach. So that ToW can have a life span as long as Il2, Combat Mission or even Steel Panthers.

The CM-series (CMx1) proofed it pretty well that by setting a standard for a genre you can produce a fan base that gives even economical success for your furture products. And to make it harder for competitors to have success in the same genre - some kind of Pavlovs reflex with the customers: I like (and buy) what I know!!

ToW has the potential for setting such kind of standard! Hopefully it can live up to its potential - now that there is no other serious tactical wargame of this gameplay depth and graphical level out there.

All the best
Uwe

M.A.g.
10-05-2007, 11:57 AM
wonder game!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and second publishing better original game.

1.JaVA_Platypus
10-10-2007, 08:27 PM
Oh my goodness :shock: How did this game went past my favourite gamers magazine?

I'll get it, I like 'hardcore' sims and RTS like this. 8)

badaboom
11-04-2007, 08:30 PM
Is thier a patch for ToW?

Gnasher
11-06-2007, 07:45 PM
Yeah there are 2 in the post a patch & an addon

Pajeú
11-19-2007, 01:03 PM
Theatre of War, un vrai miracle, divin, merveilleux!!!!
C'est de loin le meilleur jeu-stratégie WWII produit jusqu'à maintenant.
Et je sais de quoi je parle; j'en connaît pas mal: Blitzkrieg et toute sa cohorte, Codename: Panzers, Company of Heroes, Desert Rats , Soldiers etc. Mais c'est vrai, ToW n'est pas pour les enfants... Il faut être un vrai passionné des jeux de stratégie pour pouvoir reconnaître toute la génialité de ToW. On peut même choisir les munitions des pièces (plus d'obus perçants que haut explosifs), changer la composition d'un détachement, emprunter des unités des autres armées... En plus, l'éditeur de missions vous permet de modifier les parties selon vos besoins, préparer le terrain avant la pagaille (plus de char, artillerie, un bunker ici autre lá-bas etc.) - c'est aussi vrai qu'il faut du temps pour apprendre a le maîtriser, mais d'en coup que tu domines l'éditeur de parties, tu veux plus arrêter de les rejouer de toutes les façons possibles.
La qualité graphique et le souci historique sont aussi quelque chose d'incroyable. Aussi on voit des pays toujours mis de côtés dans les autres jeux apparaître dans les campagnes, comme la Pologne et France par exemple.
Finalement, vous pouvez aussi, juste en pesant sur Enter devenir l'unité choisie au champ de bataille, comme en un jeux d'action, en premiére personne...
Enfin, Theatre of War prouve que les russes sont en train de devenir les vrais experts en games vidéo, à exemple du classique Blitzkrieg, la mère de tous les games stratégie WWII...