PDA

View Full Version : In all seriousness...

choctaw111
10-01-2007, 08:10 PM
What is going to happen here that wasn't happening on the other forum?...besides extremely bad taste in interior decorating :lol:

1.JaVA_Platypus
10-01-2007, 08:38 PM
I see it as a new way to discuss this wonderfull flightsim (allready 7 years old!!) without going into the UBI-zoo, wich disgusts me sometimes. :roll:

Bearcat
10-01-2007, 08:40 PM
Oh come on.... :? UBI zoo... it isnt that bad is it.... :P

DKoor
10-01-2007, 08:42 PM
Hey look on the bright side...........we have bright yellow in the background!

JoeA
10-01-2007, 08:43 PM
Hey look at the bright side...........we have bright yellow in the background!

Bright? BRIGHT!! BRIGHT!!!!!!! :shock: :lol:

Not enough smilies!!!!

DKoor
10-01-2007, 08:47 PM
http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/agreepost.gif

bigbossmalone
10-01-2007, 09:08 PM
I like the yellow! So there...
A quick quote from the 'other forum', hopefully someone will take these thoughts to heart:
'C'mon guys, lets approach this new forum with a more favorable attitude, and not mess it up for everyone? Show them that we're actually a decent bunch, worthy of putting the extra hours of work in for, maybe even more patches beyond 4.09, who knows...? '

A fresh start and maybe a chance to rekindle some of the old flame that made the 'other forum' so popular to start with - whadaya guys say?
Enough of the this/that is porked/two weeks/bla blah old jokes might still have some humor on that forum, but is it really necessary here?
It's not every day you get a new chance to make a new impression, and thats what we have here.
How about showing 1C that we are decent, flightsim loving folks, and that we're actually pretty bright, for the most part.
It's a two-way street, folks. If 1C is impressed with the type of people they're working so hard for, then they might be prepared to go that little bit further for us!
So, a request to all the new/old/noobs/aces on this forum - lets keep old issues from old forums out of this new one, and make it ours!
:wink:
'We all live in a yellow submarine' - John Lennon

Ploughman
10-01-2007, 09:13 PM
That's right...we should be OK, but nobody mention the war.

JG52Uther
10-01-2007, 10:12 PM
I would like to see much more heavy handed moderating here.Maybe not popular with some,but the banalities that creeps in to the ubizoo sometimes is unbelievable.

B16Enk
10-01-2007, 10:19 PM
but the banalities that creeps in to the ubizoo sometimes is unbelievable.

Oh, they extended the common market again?!

I'm with bigbossmalone and JG52Uther on this.

I'm sure it hasn't gone unnoticed the sudden flurry of activity here.
I for one would have an email alert on for some boards, until the deluge starts.

Lets not forget this is 1C's board, not the huge commercial giant called UBI.

DKoor
10-01-2007, 10:28 PM
I would like to see much more heavy handed moderating here.Maybe not popular with some,but the banalities that creeps in to the ubizoo sometimes is unbelievable.Yes :!:

UBi banalities are, for example, 20+ pages threads where nothing is happening.
Charts, book quotes, various infos etc. they all serve the purpose of showing that their poster is right.
How smart he is or even how good looking he is :D
They go OT by the page 2 but no one cares as long as they prove their point :lol:

"x aircraft has 3m/s greater climb rate"
or.........
"x aircraft has 12km/h greater speed at alt y"
Whoa.

It's such a crime!

VMF-214_HaVoK
10-01-2007, 10:52 PM
What is going to happen here that wasn't happening on the other forum?...besides extremely bad taste in interior decorating :lol:

I actually like the decorating, but my woman says I have bad taste. Perhaps the topics here will stay more on topic. It seems the rules are very clear here and there are more of them. If thats bad or good remains to be seen. And who knows maybe Oleg spends more time viewing these forums and those at UBI and perhaps he will even post.

S!

Brain32
10-01-2007, 11:00 PM
Enough of the this/that is porked/two weeks/bla blah old jokes might still have some humor on that forum, but is it really necessary here?
I'm too blinded with these colours to post charts and ask for tracks anyway :shock: :lol:

Monterey
10-01-2007, 11:00 PM
Hey look at the bright side...........we have bright yellow in the background!

Bright? BRIGHT!! BRIGHT!!!!!!! :shock: :lol:

Not enough smilies!!!!

This thing is makin me have to....pee!!

Waldo.Pepper
10-01-2007, 11:25 PM
Perhaps we will have more freedom to bad mouth UBI here.

Stew278
10-01-2007, 11:48 PM
I'm too blinded with these colours to post charts and ask for tracks anyway :shock: :lol:

Maybe the color scheme is an experiment to use the effect of colors on people's moods? Don't they paint schoolrooms ugly yellow to pacify the students or keep their attention away from the walls or something like that?

DKoor
10-01-2007, 11:56 PM
If that is so, then it worked.
We used to flail the weakest in the high school...... 8)
Walls didn't get much attention.

heywooood
10-02-2007, 04:36 AM
what is UBI?

Megile
10-02-2007, 11:51 AM
I <3 UBI

SlipBall
10-03-2007, 07:04 AM
Maybe any SOW up-dates will appear here first...delivered by the big man himself :P

mondo
10-03-2007, 07:42 AM
I <3 UBI

You loves the fragdolls I bets.

choctaw111
10-03-2007, 03:49 PM
Maybe any SOW up-dates will appear here first...delivered by the big man himself :P

I asked this before. I wonder when the "Big Man" is going to make his debut here?

Jutocsa
10-04-2007, 09:05 AM
Since the people here are the same as on Ubi, soon the existence of this forum will answer Bearcat's poll (the one about Zoo)
If this becomes another Zoo, Ubi is still a Zoo as well. If this wont...well...that still doesnt prove anything :)

DKoor
10-04-2007, 10:52 AM
Since the people here are the same as on Ubi, soon the existence of this forum will answer Bearcat's poll (the one about Zoo)
If this becomes another Zoo, Ubi is still a Zoo as well. If this wont...well...that still doesnt prove anything :)The only reason why this may not turn into a zoo is:

-people suddenly becoming nice
-forum yellow color
-different set of rules here (modding)

:idea:

Triad773
10-04-2007, 11:15 AM
-different set of rules here (modding)

:idea:

Yup- that's the way I see it: a new Mod equation. What ever works will work.

You wanna see my opinions over why I think this place is our future go see BC's poll about the ZOO.

G'nite.

carguy_
10-04-2007, 11:26 AM
I like the yellow! So there...
A quick quote from the 'other forum', hopefully someone will take these thoughts to heart:

Not really!

'C'mon guys, lets approach this new forum with a more favorable attitude, and not mess it up for everyone? Show them that we're actually a decent bunch, worthy of putting the extra hours of work in for, maybe even more patches beyond 4.09, who knows...? '

Brown noser.

A fresh start and maybe a chance to rekindle some of the old flame that made the 'other forum' so popular to start with - whadaya guys say?

To achieve this,you`d need to lifeban all the regulars.There is no reason why we shouldn`t have some good humor.Those jokes and flames are integral part of this IL2 community.People have enough of their bosses at work already.

It's not every day you get a new chance to make a new impression, and thats what we have here.

Be all you can be son!

How about showing 1C that we are decent, flightsim loving folks, and that we're actually pretty bright, for the most part.

No problem!This community is quality of itself.I don`t think we need to impress anyone.We can make a separate Nancy Boy forum for this stuff.

It's a two-way street, folks. If 1C is impressed with the type of people they're working so hard for, then they might be prepared to go that little bit further for us!

Yes, the whole IL2 game/addon history is dictated by how nice the community was.Money never had anything to do with it.The new sim is entirely made for free for the nice folks.No SOW for you Megile! :lol:

So, a request to all the new/old/noobs/aces on this forum - lets keep old issues from old forums out of this new one, and make it ours!
:wink:

Right on!We all should get a hug toghether!We`ll all get SOW for free!!! :shock: 8)

DKoor
10-04-2007, 12:09 PM
carguy while I agree with your views, regarding poor suckarse attitude especially, I disagree with the way you did it.

We should not allow this nice place to turn into miserly UBi clone.

I'm just sick of that..........

Lifeban all the regulars? No not really.... as soon as first ban kick in and strict rules are applied they'll all piss their pants.

Be sure. :wink:

Friendly_flyer
10-04-2007, 12:13 PM
For this place to have the "right of life" it needs to be different from good, old UBIzoo. If it develops into a similar place only with more garish coulurs, it won't attract any members, and will slowly die. Perhaps a more stern moderation will be good, perhaps not, only time will tell.

bigbossmalone
10-04-2007, 09:02 PM
ok, so carguy, you don't think much of my approach - fair enough.
I think I get your point.
I'm still going to take that approach, though, as I think it's the more mature one, and one I'm happy with.
Anything else you don't agree with?
Come on, get it off your chest, mate, you'll feel better afterwards...
I honestly don't expect everyone to share my outlook - this is an international forum, after all.
I admit it's probably wishful thinking on my behalf, but hey! I've gotta stand up for what I think is the right thing.
But I'm not about to start slagging people off just 'cause I don't agree with them, I have enough to deal with in RL than to start getting into little tiffs with someone on the net. My approach is one of stating my feelings, and those that agree - good! Those that don't agree - also good!
As long as we don't start attacking each other with petty insults along the way. It's just not necessary.
Any further thoughts? - something a bit more constructive than tearing apart and analysing every little thing someone else says, maybe?
:roll:
PS: As for the humor bit, if you have the time to check out some of my other posts, you will find that I'm all for some fun and games, and am not as 'serious' as you might think. It's just that some jokes here were stale about a year ago.
Try not to come at me with your 20mills, mate - rather discuss nicely, and if you're ever in my part of the world, feel free to stop by at my pub for a drink. First round's on me! :D
The same invite applies to anyone else on these forums who's interested - we are a community, after all, albeit virtually!

carguy_
10-04-2007, 10:57 PM
ok, so carguy, you don't think much of my approach - fair enough.
I think I get your point.
I'm still going to take that approach, though, as I think it's the more mature one, and one I'm happy with.

If you really feel like it meaning that it`s the way you are then nothing wrong with that.Although trying to convince others to do the same is a bit on the pushy side.As I said previously, people are guided by others in the real life.Some have much of this outside and don`t like to be told what to do just by anyone.

Anything else you don't agree with?

Not really!

Come on, get it off your chest, mate, you'll feel better afterwards...

I drink some alkohol normally for those purposes.No need to put people down.

I honestly don't expect everyone to share my outlook - this is an international forum, after all.

You are a very honest person.People know that now.

I admit it's probably wishful thinking on my behalf, but hey! I've gotta stand up for what I think is the right thing.

No problem!

But I'm not about to start slagging people off just 'cause I don't agree with them, I have enough to deal with in RL than to start getting into little tiffs with someone on the net. My approach is one of stating my feelings, and those that agree - good! Those that don't agree - also good!
As long as we don't start attacking each other with petty insults along the way. It's just not necessary.

Everything perfect....but.......what are you writing bout it here?

Any further thoughts? - something a bit more constructive than tearing apart and analysing every little thing someone else says, maybe?
:roll:

I find it fun and relaxing.And girls like it!

PS: As for the humor bit, if you have the time to check out some of my other posts, you will find that I'm all for some fun and games, and am not as 'serious' as you might think. It's just that some jokes here were stale about a year ago.

There you go http://youtube.com/watch?v=fDucQjiRG3w

strewth
10-05-2007, 08:06 AM
Yep!

Looks like it doesn't take long for the bottom feeders to come in from the zoo. No wonder I rarely visit it any more :(

I too was hoping for a fresh start, but should have known better.

You might as well strip a couple of quoted replies out of this while your at it for cheap fun. Cause it shouldn't last long at this rate.

Thanks anyway 1C for trying :wink:

HenFre
10-05-2007, 08:28 AM
Agree 100%

F19_Klunk
10-08-2007, 09:42 PM
love the colour.... and... an Off Topic thread... what an amazing idea!!! :D Best initiative in recent time!

danjama
10-08-2007, 10:29 PM
i love u all :oops:

*currently high from new forum colour*

Evgeny
10-09-2007, 06:39 AM
Thank you guys for the warm words. Happy to work for you.

Ernst_Rohr
10-09-2007, 05:47 PM
I for one really like the opportunity to post get information right from the source. I am also hoping some of the "stuff" from the other forum doesnt show up here.

I think the mods there do the best they can with what they have, but I think the rules here might be a little more conductive to encouraging people to behave themselves.

/waves

choctaw111
10-11-2007, 05:24 PM
I feel that this is the greatest thing (this new forum) after seeing what has been happening over the last few days. I can only see things going in a positive direction from here. In my poem, I had asked where Oleg's Ready Room was. Well, it is here now and so much more that I did not expect :D and I am VERY happy about that. I can see this new forum being a much more tight knit and close group of people than ANY other forum at any other time. Never before has this happened in the history of games/ sims to be so close to the development team. It will be just like it was back when Il2 was in the beginning, only better. There is so much more that I can say right now. This is a truly exciting time. Even though Oleg only said he "Will post soon", it was still GREAT to hear from him.

kristorf
10-11-2007, 05:51 PM
Lets break a tradition regarding forums and IL2/1946, lets all try to be nice to each other and not inflame topics if the conversation is not going the way we/you want. :wink:

choctaw111
10-11-2007, 05:55 PM
Lets break a tradition regarding forums and IL2/1946, lets all try to be nice to each other and not inflame topics if the conversation is not going the way we/you want. :wink:

ABSOLUTELY...and it's good to see you Chris :D

fly_zo
10-11-2007, 05:56 PM
I second that 8)

~S~
Z

Shadow
10-11-2007, 06:04 PM

What an oddly unique idea.

I like it :)

Ernst_Rohr
10-11-2007, 06:13 PM
Completely agree! It would be nice to have a civil discussion without fear of it turning nuclear.

kristorf
10-11-2007, 06:15 PM
Cheers peeps, nice to be differant.

OT, hello Choc, hows it hanging?? :wink: