PDA

View Full Version : TOW3 Korea Issues

jyxr
03-27-2011, 01:30 AM
Hello there, I'm jyxr. I'm posting here because I figured this would be the place to search for performance issue resolutions. I'm new to the TOW series and really want to play it and give it a chance. However upon purchase and installation of TOW 3 I find that the game, regardless of settings, has an extremely low frame rate to the point of being unplayable. Oddly enough I have a 3.8 GHz quadcore processor , 8GB dd3 ram, 1 GB ddr5 video ram. I'm able to play many newer games on max settings including Fallout New Vegas , Civilization 5, and Shogun 2 Total War. I don't know what's wrong. I'm attempting a reinstall and have updated my video drivers in hopes this will resolve the issue. Any help is much appreciated.

-Jyxr

czingerx
03-27-2011, 05:44 AM
I have a AMD 3800+ 2.1 (Dual Core) and its basically a slideshow. On low settings. May be defrag might help.

I love the sounds and gameplay. Great game, so I decided to buy a new rig that should be here in a few days.

Intel Core i5-2400 3.1GHz
8GB (2x4GB) DDR3 1333
1TB SATA-II 3.0Gb/s 7200RPM HDD
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 550 Ti 1GB

jyxr
03-27-2011, 11:41 PM
A quick update for anyone else that may have this issue, I've found a partial fix. By partial I mean it helps, but not completely. By following the following steps I have gotten the FPS to stable rates (until a lot of firing occurs) :

1) Go into your Korea folder, then click the users folder, then open the game config file with notepad (game.INI)

1A) Switch "UseOneCPU=0" to "UseOneCPU=1" , this "1" will tell the computer to read the line as true and therefore use only one CPU for gameplay

2)Launch the game and go into the settings menu

2A) Go the sound sound tab and disable "EAX"
2B) Go into the game tab and disable "Compatibility mode" , which is, for some reason, enabled by default

After doing this I've been able to achieve rather stable FPS on low-mid settings (Keep HDR and High-Detailed Sky off, they aren't that necessary for the game to look good) until lots of fighting begins to occur.