PDA

View Full Version : Help out fellow off-roaders

RunEmOver
03-26-2011, 04:49 AM
This has been making its rounds across various off-road forums, and I've been reading this one for a while but never registered. While everyone is bored waiting for this game to come out, check this out and make something happen IRL. Krazee DD, it seems you have some connections with the off-road industry - any way you can forward this to some "higher-ups?" Or maybe you are one yourself, I have no idea. Thanks everybody!

Pirate4x4 is heading a letter campaign to help convince Maryland to open a legal OHV Trail system within the state. Please, if you enjoy the activity of wheeling, take a few minutes out of your day and write a short well thought out letter to the lawmakers in our state.

Pirate4x4 makes it super easy to send a short letter and they also can track how many letters have been sent and have copies of the letters. If it's too much of an inconvinence for you to write something yourself just copy someone elses and paste it in.

Don't rely on the other guy to do it because thats how trails continue to get closed. It's even getting support from people from out of state that know nothing about Maryland, about us, and about what we have to do to go four-wheeling. Support this so maybe we wont have to drive 2 hours one way to go wheelin anymore...

Topic Thread on Pirate4x4:
http://pirate4x4.com/forum/showthread.php?t=967346

Submit Letter Here:
http://www.pirate4x4.com/letters/

Krazee DD
03-26-2011, 05:10 AM
Ya bro. Monday when I'm back in the office I'll see what I can do.

ROCK ON!

RunEmOver
03-29-2011, 04:34 PM
Ya bro. Monday when I'm back in the office I'll see what I can do.

ROCK ON!

Any luck Krazee? Someone posted over on pirate that the deadline for letters/comments is April 30th.

dozer
03-29-2011, 11:37 PM
why dont ya just find out who is making the rules and RUNEMOVER hahahahahaha.

But yeah this kinda stuff sucks, we have new regulations popping up every week in Australia trying to screw 4x4ers over. They even tried to ban bullbars recently hahahahahahahaha. We all faught back signed patitions ect and won the battle to keep em though.

Just do what we do, group up in massive numbers and hit the tracks. They cant fight all of ya and will eventually give up.

Security in numbers! they will have to listen.....:evil:

RunEmOver
03-30-2011, 03:22 AM
why dont ya just find out who is making the rules and RUNEMOVER hahahahahaha.

But yeah this kinda stuff sucks, we have new regulations popping up every week in Australia trying to screw 4x4ers over. They even tried to ban bullbars recently hahahahahahahaha. We all faught back signed patitions ect and won the battle to keep em though.

Just do what we do, group up in massive numbers and hit the tracks. They cant fight all of ya and will eventually give up.

Security in numbers! they will have to listen.....:evil:

The problem is we are trying to open MORE land. There is plenty of room for trails but it's all private property or parks, and people will just go trespassing whenever they feel like. It gives legitimate and mature enthusiasts a bad name when all you see on the news is a bunch of tire tracks through somebody's backyard. We need legal places to wheel. Right now there is only one in the whole state and it has a good chance of being shut down due to overuse. Gee, I wonder why it's being used so much? Oh yeah, it's the only place to go within a 3 or 4 hour drive.

You are right about strength in numbers but we want to "win" by having lawmakers and the Department of Natural Resources on our side. We can't do that by knocking down gates and trespassing.

SuzukiSamurai
03-30-2011, 06:15 AM
Same problem over here.. Ecologists are shutting down off road parks too and they cut the tires of our 4x4's apart. -.-

Krazee DD
03-30-2011, 06:39 PM
Ok, Tuff Country submitted a nice letter.

RunEmOver
03-30-2011, 06:55 PM
Ok, Tuff Country submitted a nice letter.

Awesome! Are you allowed to post the letter here? (or on pirate?) I'd like to read it.

Thanks a lot!

Krazee DD
03-31-2011, 12:05 AM
Awesome! Are you allowed to post the letter here? (or on pirate?) I'd like to read it.

Thanks a lot!

I would think so but I sent it off. I can try to find it haha. Basically it just said:

Tuff Country EZ-Ride Suspension uses these off road parks to sponsor and host events that bring jobs, and commerce to the city and state that we come into. Such as Top Truck Challenge is small town Hollister, California.

Along those lines haha.

dozer
03-31-2011, 12:14 AM
The problem is we are trying to open MORE land. There is plenty of room for trails but it's all private property or parks, and people will just go trespassing whenever they feel like. It gives legitimate and mature enthusiasts a bad name when all you see on the news is a bunch of tire tracks through somebody's backyard. We need legal places to wheel. Right now there is only one in the whole state and it has a good chance of being shut down due to overuse. Gee, I wonder why it's being used so much? Oh yeah, it's the only place to go within a 3 or 4 hour drive.

You are right about strength in numbers but we want to "win" by having lawmakers and the Department of Natural Resources on our side. We can't do that by knocking down gates and trespassing.

only problem is that you wont be able to get the lawmakers on your side unless it will benifit them directly.

A long fight will be in front of you with a painfull loss.

Try bribing them, the twisted wheels of the governing society only get greasd with the green. i think this applies world wide. :evil:

RunEmOver
03-31-2011, 03:16 AM
I would think so but I sent it off. I can try to find it haha. Basically it just said:

Tuff Country EZ-Ride Suspension uses these off road parks to sponsor and host events that bring jobs, and commerce to the city and state that we come into. Such as Top Truck Challenge is small town Hollister, California.

Along those lines haha.

The summary is good enough...I think it is important to show them it's not only private citizens that support this, but businesses too. Thanks again for sending it.

Top Truck Challenge is awesome, by the way. I've got the last 3 or 4 year's events on DVD. 2010's double disc case was a disaster though, it is so flimsy and it broke apart in the mail and my discs were scratched all over, but still playable. There is a guy who is trying to get in the competition that I see every year at the York PA jeep show, his jeep has "dial 911" written on the hood. Very cool suspension setup and an awesome rig. His shifters are made of wrenches.