PDA

View Full Version : Ranking system

blacktick
09-29-2007, 06:48 PM
Hi

Bought the game from gamersgate and I'm loving it,but I got a question about the score system.

After each mission you get the screen with rank,score etc. Does the score and rank mean anything in the game or is it just to show you how well you did?

I want to try out different types of approaches like maybe killing some germans with vehicles(haven't tried if that is possible yet),grenades,rambo style etc.
But does those lower your rank and does it matter?

Soviet
09-30-2007, 07:59 PM
Its out?

blacktick
10-01-2007, 03:58 AM
Yeah,it's out..downloadable version.:)

http://www.gamersgate.com/index.php?page=shop.product_details&flypage=shop.flypage&product_id=225&manufacturer_id=0&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=14

Anatoly
10-01-2007, 06:08 AM
Death to Spies is available in retail in some of the European countries. The American lauch is also coming pretty soon.
Meanwhile it is also avaialble on gamersgate and will be sold at the 1C online store which is due to open end of October.

Soviet
10-01-2007, 09:16 PM
Any word on an uk launch?

megakill
10-02-2007, 05:41 AM
I think Nobilis brings it over to the UK retail in January 2008. However you can buy the game at a number of online stores and hopefully this website around end of October, once we launch digital sales too.

Soviet
10-02-2007, 04:52 PM
Thank you for the info :D

blacktick
10-02-2007, 04:54 PM
Funny how everything else has been answered except for my original question... :lol:

mbv
10-02-2007, 10:15 PM
Have you noticed whether the rank/score accumulates across different missions ? I only have the demo at the moment so I have no way of telling. Based only on the demo it seems like a score for each mission only unless the overall points and rank increase at the end of each successive mission.

I would think your points and rank will drop if you use too much combat and aggression plus create lots of noise. This game seems to encourage and reward stealth mainly.

It does make it replayable though as you can try for higher scores and ranks on each mission with different tactics.

Playing on Hard in the demo I tried to be stealthy, but got what seems to be a pretty low score and rank - Combat 17, Aggression 13, Noise 68, Professionalism 66, Precision 69. Overall points 1716 - rank Soldier!

Von Omar
10-03-2007, 06:03 AM
I haven't noticed the rank accumulating over multiple missions, but I haven't paid attention.
Last I saw was either 7000 or 9000 something at a glance. After the 3rd mission I was a "maniac". Good times.

Evgeny
10-03-2007, 06:07 AM
Does the score and rank mean anything in the game or is it just to show you how well you did?

Well it just shows you how well you did. Thank you for your question.