PDA

View Full Version : Cars

Freak Of Nature
09-29-2007, 11:21 AM
Can we drive cars like dodge caravan, chevrolet silverado and others?

wheelking
09-29-2007, 12:37 PM
NO. You can drive trucks and semi-pickups only

USA Driver
10-02-2007, 11:13 PM
lmao. Of course you can drive cars. Check the Vehicles tab on the site.

1Truck
10-03-2007, 12:38 AM
Can we drive cars like dodge caravan, chevrolet silverado and others?

I second this! It wasn't really answered yet fully, that frieghtliner cargo truck on the site seems interesting. Will Tractor trailers be the ONLY vehicles to drive? :?

Evgeny
10-03-2007, 05:38 AM
Yes, you will be able to drive such cars.

1Truck
10-03-2007, 10:49 AM

Thank you for answering, but can we drive any vehicle shown on the site as well? For example, could we drive the school bus as a car? :lol:

Kitaroija
10-03-2007, 12:34 PM

You mean like Crown Vic, Lincoln Town Car and Chevy Van? WOOHOO!!

Holland1994
10-03-2007, 05:43 PM
I'm happy that we can to able drive cars but, are they driving as a truck?
Is there anny diference?

truckerfreak123
10-04-2007, 08:51 AM
I'm happy that we can to able drive cars but, are they driving as a truck?
Is there anny diference?

Good question.
I am wondering about that.

GargantulaKon
10-22-2007, 07:03 AM
I wonder why one would have to drive a car in a trucking simulation? To pick up some groceries in the Dodge Caravan? :lol:

In the official Web site it mentions that one cannot drive cars in the game? So who is right?

Q: Will it be possible to drive passenger vehicles in the game?
A: No, it is not planned. The game is indeed about long-haul truckers and not about bus drivers.

truckerfreak123
10-24-2007, 06:09 AM
I wonder why one would have to drive a car in a trucking simulation? To pick up some groceries in the Dodge Caravan? :lol:

In the official Web site it mentions that one cannot drive cars in the game? So who is right?

Q: Will it be possible to drive passenger vehicles in the game?
A: No, it is not planned. The game is indeed about long-haul truckers and not about bus drivers.

Lets hope you can drive cars.
If you can you can but if you cant you cant!
Lets hope you can so just hope for the best.

GargantulaKon
10-24-2007, 08:29 PM
In King of the Road you can drive an SUV at the start of the game. Why? I do not know.

doordie
10-25-2007, 02:53 AM
It would be awesome to rent a car at the airport when you first arrive and drive to your new job...

Also it would be so cool if the game had a "Duel" part (Duel being the famous car vs truck movie which was Steven Spielberg's first big hit)

Imagine you're driving from LAX airport to some small town.. you pass a truck on a 1-lane road in the middle of nowhere.. all the sudden the trucker gets pissed and starts trying to kill you.. now you have to outrun the truck but on the downhill the truck is faster.. good luck!! :twisted:

man that would be so cool! :P

if you're not familiar with the movie.. check it out: http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=5370479393460637420&q=duel&total=51559&start=0&num=10&so=0&type=search&plindex=0

Bloodstar
10-25-2007, 10:18 AM
It would be awesome to rent a car at the airport when you first arrive and drive to your new job...

Also it would be so cool if the game had a "Duel" part (Duel being the famous car vs truck movie which was Steven Spielberg's first big hit)

Imagine you're driving from LAX airport to some small town.. you pass a truck on a 1-lane road in the middle of nowhere.. all the sudden the trucker gets pissed and starts trying to kill you.. now you have to outrun the truck but on the downhill the truck is faster.. good luck!! :twisted:

man that would be so cool! :P

if you're not familiar with the movie.. check it out: http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=5370479393460637420&q=duel&total=51559&start=0&num=10&so=0&type=search&plindex=0

----

My real life experience in LAX airport - two taxi drivers almost got to a fight arguing who will drive me to a hotel. LOL

It was something like that

"DON'T FINGER ME" "DO YOU THINK THAT YOU ARE ******* SUPERMAN"

lol

Mario

KENWORTH
10-29-2007, 01:15 AM
im new here but why do we have to drive cars if this is a trucking game.

truckerfreak123
10-30-2007, 07:50 AM
Because you WILL get bored driving just a truck so they let you chose!
I Know because thats what made 18 wheels of steel Haulin so bad.

BarroS
10-30-2007, 07:59 AM
I only hope that there will be multiplayer for us to try on those trucks, and to crash other companies and things like that... because the whole point of having many and customized trucks is to show them online and against other players' companies...

(kinda offtopic, sorry :lol: )

trucknisse
10-30-2007, 09:05 AM
The multi player option is canceled for now. See previous threads.

Evgeny
10-30-2007, 09:06 AM
Yes, this guy is right, the multiplayer is cancelled. Hope it wouldn't disappoint you much.

truckerfreak123
10-30-2007, 09:11 AM
Yes, this guy is right, the multiplayer is cancelled. Hope it wouldn't disappoint you much.
You could make an add on pack after the game is released?
Like a patch with multi player.

Evgeny
10-30-2007, 09:17 AM
Well, may be such add on will be released, but I can't tell you anything exact now. I'll inform all of you as soon as possible if such news comes.

evh5150vanhalen
11-23-2007, 05:28 PM
no multiplayer + no modding = no buy for me and alot of other people i could handle the no modding if there was multiplayer but now this game is lame

GargantulaKon
11-23-2007, 08:17 PM
No modding? Where was that stated? Any game can be modded, as long as we have smart people who can hack the game's files.

laywiin
11-24-2007, 12:08 AM

Duuuude, You don't need to drive Cars :shock: Just buy that you like best!;)

USA Driver
11-24-2007, 04:45 AM
No modding? Where was that stated? Any game can be modded, as long as we have smart people who can hack the game's files.
You know how "easy" it was to mod Convoy and Haulin'. :lol:
Automat pissed me off so much. :evil:

GargantulaKon
11-24-2007, 05:00 AM
I have no idea how easy or hard it was to mod Haulin' but I am guessing that it was hard. That is why I stated that we needed smart people to hack it, because I am so impressed by what programmers can accomplish.

WBCody
11-24-2007, 10:45 PM

I don't know if you ever played "Hard Truck 2" or not. But in that game you did have the opportunity to drive the cars as well as all of the available trucks. Seeing as how R'n'R is from the same developers as Hard Truck, it does leave that possibility open.