PDA

View Full Version : Can I mod Men of War SP missions ?

RTY1941
03-21-2011, 10:12 AM
Can I mod Men of War SP missions ? Like adding units in to it change units in that mission

KnightFandragon
03-21-2011, 02:31 PM
http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=14590

The post by [SOE]No.Mam a few posts down tells you how to make your own mod.

RTY1941
03-21-2011, 08:39 PM
I'm not asking about "how to make a mod" It's can I mod original Men of War missions

KnightFandragon
03-22-2011, 01:52 AM
Well yes you can, its just best to make your own mod then copy the single player missions into it so you dont mess up your original game files, unless you just dont care. Its done by loading up the GEM editor and hitting F3, then you load up the 0.mi of each mission and edit them as you see fit. hitting F2 will load up just the map of the mission so you can edit the map with extra defenses and stuff. Just be sure not to save them as each other....which is another reason its good to do your own mod, if you somehow mess them up you have a back up, being the original mission files. I had meant to awnser the orignal question earlier but for whatever reason my brain turned off when I got to the response board. I was trying to find a thread that told you just how to edit the missions.

RTY1941
03-22-2011, 08:11 AM
Thx for reply , but why when I load up the mission I can't see any troops around there ?

KnightFandragon
03-22-2011, 05:01 PM
Cant see any troops, as in none on the map at all? Or do you just not have control over any of them? Also, this is in the editor? if its in the editor you probably loaded up the F2 Map only of the mission, would be my only guess, hit F3 and load up the 0.mi of the mission. If its just you dont have command over the troops, hit Keypad numbers, those will give you command of the troops assigned to that given team....Keypad 1 will give you control of Player 1 (Team1) units and so forth.

RTY1941
03-23-2011, 11:36 AM
How can I overwrite the original missions ? Someone tell me that place the modified missions in "C:\[username]\AppData\Local\Virtual Store\Program Files\505games\1C\men of war\resource\map" but I was using Windows XP , do you know where is the path ?

KnightFandragon
03-23-2011, 05:01 PM
I dont know how to overwrite the files....I made my own mod and made them in there, it just worked better for me. Im not sure what the path way is, never did it that way. Then you are using a steam version? I really have no shot at that...