PDA

View Full Version : Micromanagement sucks!

RGN07
03-21-2011, 05:34 AM
I have like 14 units of various types and each have needs, whether repairs, no ammo, lost weapon, missing gunners, irreparable and damaged vehicles, name it. And i have to see to each one by one while the enemy pounds at my position. I know war is hell but pc gaming should be heaven, right?

kane1
03-21-2011, 05:55 PM
Slowing down the game helps sometimes(backspace). What I do is just give myself more points.

Jason
03-29-2011, 11:03 AM
That's what's awesome about this game and similiar (Sudden Strike)... if you don't like the type of game then why buy/play it?

I have noticed that when you get in bad positions like being low on ammo per troop then you have done something wrong. You can fight on but it will be a struggle, best to start again and learn from past strategic failures.

You need to use some units very wisely, such as snipers. You can save 50 troops trying to attack a couple of MG's by using one sniper.

pax333
03-30-2011, 04:23 PM
You are right, its sucks but only during the heat of the battle
and its sucks not only for you! but for the other side as well!

That is why history teaches us that the German blitz manage to
take over Europe only due to its fast advancement, as generals just
couldn't keep up with the enemy and many units found themselves
fighting without any information on what is going on, who is attacking
and where from and such..

remember, you micro manage only during brakes from battle
NOT DURING THE BATTLE
if you find yourself loosing it during the battle just pull back and try
to save as many soldiers\tech as possible
use guerrilla strategy to take down enemy tanks
send scouts to find holes in enemy defense line

djsatane
03-30-2011, 10:37 PM
I have like 14 units of various types and each have needs, whether repairs, no ammo, lost weapon, missing gunners, irreparable and damaged vehicles, name it. And i have to see to each one by one while the enemy pounds at my position. I know war is hell but pc gaming should be heaven, right?

If you play alone then play the game at slo motion in single player mode you can. If you playing it online with friends coop, try to get as many people as you can then everyone has to handle less units.