PDA

View Full Version : add on?

markgil
09-28-2007, 01:24 PM
i saw the post in the KB-L forum about expansions and wondered if there were add on's planned for FW?

thanks!

Daystar
09-28-2007, 08:38 PM
If so, PLEASE include:

New races, at least 2. These should include:
-Demons (Mostly the animal based ones (Hell Hounds, Nightmares, Imps) as well as a Gog/Succubus shooter unit, and Devil with Teleport)
+Demons should be very much associated with fire (there's a Burned terrain, that should boost them up. Lots of Attack, less Defense.
+Seige should include a sort of Grond-ish battering ram.
+Flying Units: Screecher (Strong Scout) Affrit (Hero Level Strength)

-Undead: Skeletons and Zombies for Melee, Vamps as a special. Lich caster.
+Slow, but either high attack/bad defense or the reverse.
+Raising the dead should be a big thing: A Lich or a Hero can summon up the nearby dead (enemies and allies) on his/her side.
+Flying Unit: Ghost
+Seige Unit: Skull Catapult: Has "Fear"

-Nagas/Merpeople: Slow moving aquatic units. Heavy on the "Monsters"
+No penalty (possibly a gain) in the water.
+No war machines, made up for by focusing on shooters and casters.
+Special Units would include a Sea Serpent, Hippocampus/Seahorse/Whale/Shark Rider, Kraken, and Naga (If the core race is Merpeople) or Merperson (If the Core Race is Naga)
+Flying Units would include the Sea Serpent, Hippocampus/Seahorse/Whale/Shark Rider, and Kraken, which are magically levitated by the Ascensionist/Flooder, without whom the great beasts would die. More Ascensionists, more speed for these units.

Shapeshifters/Halfways: Including Vampires (If you don't have Undead) Werewolves, Kelpies, Centaurs/Minotaurs/Liontaurs, Rakshassa, etc.
+Shapeshifters can shapeshift, loosing movement points.
+Vamps: As humans: Slow, strong meelee, As Bats: Fast, Weak Flyers.
+Werewolves: As humans: Slow, average Melee. As Wolves: Fast, High Attack/Low Defense Melee.
+Kelpie: As Faerie: Low Flying Melee, as Horse: Fast but non flying "Cavalry"
+Seige Units: Shapeshifting AnitFlying or AntiLand creatures.
+Flying: Angels

As races go, an expansion with Shapeshifters and Demons would be good, and an expansion with Nagas and Undead would be good.

Storyline:
Demons: Crash and burn.
Nagas: Stop the undead from sieging their waters? Or defend against attackers.
Undead: Swell Numbers, take Nagas (who have powerful spellcasters that want to destroy them)
Shapeshifters: Would be a mostly personal campagin, with the central character's deep internal struggles between good and evil. Alternate endings?

----

If you don't want to go to those lengths, splitting up Elves and Dwarves into two factions might be good. This also is good with the other stuff.

Elmereth
09-29-2007, 10:53 PM
For the news races I will be glad to see something more like :

-Humans
-Elfs (separate from dwarves)
-Dwarves (separate from elfs)
-Chaos
-Dark elves
-Orcs & Goblins
-Undead
-Paladins

I know that it is very soon to tell if an expansion is planned or not (it depends obviously of the sales) but it will be so good! This game deserve one at least...

Daystar
09-29-2007, 10:54 PM
What are Chaos and Paladins?

Elmereth
09-29-2007, 11:06 PM
Chaos : like the one in the warhammer world for example, with evil warrior, demons, corrupted slaves, etc..

Paladins : Lawful good knights, like the 'sirians' in the ancient Warlord game, with for example, paladin knights, clerics, archangels, etc..

Daystar
09-29-2007, 11:26 PM
They seem too close to Humans. I'd rather have Demons.

markgil
09-30-2007, 08:47 PM
maybe no reply = no add on for FW.

oh well at least KB will have a few expansions.

Anatoly
10-01-2007, 05:24 AM
Let's concentrate on the final release for now. :) I guess it is the most important thing now. If the game is successful an add-on might be quite an obvious thing.