PDA

View Full Version : something i worry about

jackreacher
09-27-2007, 09:54 AM
hello people
i've been watching the game videos and pictures
and the cars/trucks seem to be "floating" on the road, like they don't actually touch the ground and theres no feeling of driving..but flying
like one of those cheap games, i'm afraid :/
is it just in the videos/beta version?

p.s.
i really look forward for this game. me and my father been waiting for it years now :)

JOleg
09-28-2007, 04:06 PM
I have been waiting for this game right after first news about it appeared in the internet - that makes a lot of years. Like you, I'm also concerned about the physics and the flying effect, which I hate. For me, the most important aspect of the game is physics, which means that if the physics is superb and some other aspect of the game is not, then great physics will simply eclipse the other disadvantages and I will be enjoying the game for years to come. But if the physics is bad - then the whole game is bad, that's my personal opinion and that's what I think. From what I have seen so far in the videos, the game is very buggy to even speak about the release, but I also saw the physics which did not impress me a single bit. Not only we don't have the demo yet, but we also don't have official and simple 10-min gameplay video with good quality! :roll:

So, hoping that moderators/SoftLab representatives read this, can I ask if the work on physics model is still under development? Or is it final?

Oleg

Oliwerko
09-28-2007, 05:43 PM
How can you tell from only looking at it? You do not feel it.

JOleg
09-28-2007, 05:50 PM
yes, but I read what people who played it said, and what I see matches what they say :wink:

Oliwerko
09-28-2007, 09:47 PM
I dont know, but I think that a company like 1C knows what theyre doing. Just trust them, they are not working on it for years to let it be just "a floating truck simulator" :D

JOleg
09-28-2007, 11:06 PM
I sure hope so :)

wheelking
09-29-2007, 11:52 AM
They're bugs.I think they can be fixed.They just need to lower the AI cars' heights from land a bit.So,their tires will hit the road and they start to turn!

NeonoV
09-29-2007, 11:59 AM
In my opinion game already is obsolete. ON exhibition in Novosibirsk, on which my friend was, game again showed. BUT, anything new and promising, but the old mistakes are everywhere.
Excuse for bad English!

GargantulaKon
10-22-2007, 07:37 AM
For me, the most important aspect of the game is physics, which means that if the physics is superb and some other aspect of the game is not, then great physics will simply eclipse the other disadvantages and I will be enjoying the game for years to come.

I love realistic physics in simulation games as well. Richard Burn's Rally wins my heart for the best feeling I have ever had driving a virtual car. Watching the replays makes me feel like I am watching a real TV broadcast of a rally car.

I love the physics in Hard Truck 1 and 2 and I hope that Rig'n'Roll has even better physics than that! I noticed that "flying" in one video and my heart sunk! I was worried that Rig'n'Roll would not live up to my expectations!

rcm.1982
11-20-2007, 02:24 PM
Joleg..im with u..i've been waiting since they first announced rig n' roll..and i have forgotten when they first announced it..its been that long of a wait for this game :? and now that im back to see if this game came out..i have to wait again for it..i forgot about this game and said i'll leave it alone till it is about to come out..im getting very angry i need to play play play play play this game :evil:

GargantulaKon
11-20-2007, 10:33 PM
I also heard about the game a long time ago and totally forgot about it. A few years later I was about to buy Haulin to satisfy my urge for a trucking simulation and found Rig'n'Roll again.