PDA

View Full Version : custom skirmish map

Force88
03-16-2011, 10:48 AM
where can I find usable custom skirmish map for AS ? I find it boring to keep playing mediocre unit in default skirmish mode, and the AI only throw mid-level tank, regardless of difficulty.

I want some map that allow you to use all the unit that your faction offered, and so do the AI

djsatane
03-16-2011, 12:06 PM
Many people just tweak stuff themselves, I have my own edition of st hilaire and carentan with more units that u can order and if you play those maps on hard, ai throws some nasty stuff at you later in game(once you cap number of flags).

Feel free to try out out if you want, as I said only st hilaire and carentan is altered unit wise. http://cuih.dyndns.org/mowas/now/djtest2_v051b.rar

I know some people are working on custom new skirmishes with maps, but it will take time. There is also DCG for mow as thats being worked on, early version is out too on the dms forums.

Force88
03-16-2011, 12:30 PM
thanks, I'll try your maps.
I just have to add the maps to /mods folder, select it on MODS in ingame option menu, right ?

djsatane
03-16-2011, 05:21 PM
thanks, I'll try your maps.
I just have to add the maps to /mods folder, select it on MODS in ingame option menu, right ?

Yes, they are not my maps, same skirmishes as st hilaire and carentan just more options after you cap some flags as to what you can order and there is some variation for ai(later in game) especially if you play on hard

kane1
03-16-2011, 05:42 PM
Many people just tweak stuff themselves, I have my own edition of st hilaire and carentan with more units that u can order and if you play those maps on hard, ai throws some nasty stuff at you later in game(once you cap number of flags).

Feel free to try out out if you want, as I said only st hilaire and carentan is altered unit wise. http://cuih.dyndns.org/mowas/now/djtest2_v051b.rar

I know some people are working on custom new skirmishes with maps, but it will take time. There is also DCG for mow as thats being worked on, early version is out too on the dms forums.

Thanks! Looking forward to playing your versions.

Force88
03-19-2011, 01:39 AM
@djsatane: I tried your map. it's wonderful. However, when I tried to use DCG 2.5, it constantly giving error, I installed J# redist and Microsoft XNA redist, but only successfully extract the map.

djsatane
03-19-2011, 10:14 AM
@djsatane: I tried your map. it's wonderful. However, when I tried to use DCG 2.5, it constantly giving error, I installed J# redist and Microsoft XNA redist, but only successfully extract the map.

You should visit DCG forum section for mow as

http://www.digitalmindsoft.eu/forums/viewforum.php?f=153

Look at that long thread and read if any of the issues there are similar to yours, post there if necessary. remember DCG is not complete for MoW:AS yet.

Qlong
03-21-2011, 04:32 AM
Hey guys, do I just extract this into the "mods" folder? I does not seem to be appearing in the mods list in the game options. Am I doing something wrong? Err..

djsatane
03-21-2011, 01:54 PM
what are you extracting?

Qlong
03-21-2011, 02:23 PM
Nevermind, I am an idiot.

Cheers

kane1
03-21-2011, 05:44 PM
Nice job getting all those units in. Thanks for the hard work.

djsatane
03-21-2011, 07:40 PM
Yea adding units is not hard once u figure how to add one, just takes some time, I am sure people who have modded for mow before and are experienced are working on some new maps and skirmishes, I will try to add all possible units to all the skirmishes thats in game at some point.

Qlong
03-21-2011, 11:29 PM
Love all the extra units, really balanced the battlefield.

There was a problem 50 minutes into the game where both my friend and I experienced a blackout of all units, buildings, etc.

Any advice on this issue?

http://img218.imageshack.us/img218/5333/46081943.jpg

djsatane
03-22-2011, 06:25 PM
Love all the extra units, really balanced the battlefield.

There was a problem 50 minutes into the game where both my friend and I experienced a blackout of all units, buildings, etc.

Any advice on this issue?

http://img218.imageshack.us/img218/5333/46081943.jpg

Never had that happen before, could be some specific bug but I don't think it would be related to the customized skirmish, maybe some engine bug etc. The changes in skirmish are just added units with new waypoints etc, nothing that could cause that specifically. Maybe someone knows this bug in mow in general, but I have yet to see this happen. Since you said that buildings were also blacked out then it could be some kind of engine/graphics/netcode issue that occurded, but really no idea.

I did play that edited skirmish with friends few times as well without issues. Do you remember anything specific that you did as in if you order anything specific or cap anything at the moment this occured?

NahKomando
01-09-2012, 12:29 AM
Why don't you try the neverending battles, it's in MODDB check it out! the challenge is very hard and fun!