PDA

View Full Version : Shells tipes?

pax333
03-14-2011, 10:56 PM
Hi there
Just a quick question for those of us who dont really know
a thing about shell typed used during WW2...
Where can I find an explanation about what every single shell is good for?
I mean I spawn this expansive tank, and it got 3 shells types...
How do I know what to use when?
How do I know what shells got longer or shorter range?
Which one are good Vs infantry, and which one are good against armor?
Which one are more accurate?
what is AP? EP? and so on...

In addition, are there like units that are better then others for spying?
I mean if I order a soldier to prone and to hold fire, how come hes been spotted
again and again?

Help :mad:

KnightFandragon
03-15-2011, 03:24 PM
Well, you could look up the shell type on Google or something, just figure out what it is and look it up, im sure you would find something.

Im not fully sure what all type of shells are in the official version of AS but I do know they had

AP, Armor Piercing, which is a standard Anti Tank round, this is used against all armored targets, pretty much anything more armored then a Truck.

HE, High Explosive, this is for use against infantry and acts like a big grenade for taking out groups of infantry, but it does nothing against anything much bigger then a Panzer I or Panzer II. YOu can use it against buildings and other soft targets, its a better idea to use HE vs a truck or Jeep then an AP round.

APCR/APDS(Armor Piercing Composite Rigid)//(Armor Piercing Discarding Sabot)...I think thats what those rounds stand for...these types of rounds are rare Armor Piercing rounds that have higher armor penetration, but I think in game they have a shorter range and I know there is not that many of them, you get like 5 per tank, which is ALOT more common then they actually were.

Those are the only rounds I know of that were in AS....

Then units for spotting in that game are the officer, in direct control mode, with his Binoculars out...I think he uses them on his own but its best to use him in Direct Control and scan over the field on your own. There is also the Sniper with his Sniper Rifle, he can scout much in the same way as an officer, except he has a Rifle to kill with, kinda an added bonus. As for how your units are being spotted, its prolly either you were not as well hidden or your opponenet is just picking a spot and firing and getting lucky......