PDA

View Full Version : loads

CatDiesel
09-26-2007, 05:30 PM
i do have a question for 1c how will the loading and unloading work as well as the fueling and servicing work and is there a selection in the game to pick between 53 foot trailers and 48 footers the reason im asking is i own and operate my own big truck in real life and i also own a 48 foot spread axle trailer are the trailers just as editable as the tractors

thanks for your time

-catdiesel

trowland
09-29-2007, 12:31 AM
i second that

wheelking
09-29-2007, 10:44 AM
i think we can only mod the exterior.No more than this

CatDiesel
09-29-2007, 08:12 PM
hey thats good enough for me i guess i guess all of our questions will be answered once a release takes place

nicktrex
10-01-2007, 06:45 PM
I would also like to know whether you can unload and load the trucks for yourself. E.g: use a forklift to take the pallets of food out of the curtain sider or driving the excavator onto the low loader etc.

Anyone??

roebedoes
10-01-2007, 07:11 PM
wohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh nicktrex that would be an excellent idea. maybe that's something for the first patch(if the game releases this year otherwise they can better but it directly in the game). i can remeber that ship simulator had also a patch and that one with new features :lol:

nicktrex
10-02-2007, 03:10 PM
It would make it more realistic and if you don't unload it right e.g excavator misses ramp and falls off it would blow up or get damaged just like real life although in the game i would assume you could only drive the excavator around the loading area because then it would stay as just a truck driving simulator as all you do is load and unload the truck using different vehicles, if you get me :? It would be an awesome addition i think.

Tinman
10-02-2007, 07:37 PM
And when we have to load the trailers ourselves that when you put the load not evenly balanced you can notice this in the handling of the truck.

Maybe even that you tip over more easely, and that the goods damage when not secured while driving.

USA Driver
10-02-2007, 11:09 PM
What I've seen in the trailers, loading/unloading of trailers is done by machines now.
Pull into the Warehouse, probley select a trailer going by what it is/where it goes/if there's any special things about it(Fragile/Overweight/Time Limit/etc...)/and the reward for delivering it.

Then a machine grabs a trailer and puts it perfectly on your truck for you to hook it up, and you're on your way.

It's pretty much like the 18 WoS Series except the trailer gets hooked for you. I like this. :)

Tinman
10-03-2007, 02:18 PM
I hoped it would be like pedal to the metal. Where you have to back the truck directly onder the trailer!

64Pacific
10-05-2007, 07:50 PM
I like the idea of having to run a forklift or load/unload your rig. In the real world, few truckers get the privilege of having somebody else doing the unloading/loading. The loggers up where I live load equipment on their lowbeds themselves. The reason being, the operator doesn't want to be responsible trying to drive over the rig if something goes wrong, if the truck owner runs off the bed into the back of his tractor, he (or she) can only blame themselves.

As for picking up and dropping trailers, I would like to see it like the real world, if you aren't lined up correctly, it isn't going to lock in. I am thinking of having a trailer that doesn't want to lock in. Frequently in the winter, with parts being cold, and grease like glue, the locks don't always work, requiring a driver to "hit" a trailer a few time to make sure she is locked. I've seen the results of thinking your trailer is locked in when in fact it isn't.

taylor
10-06-2007, 04:56 AM
What I've seen in the trailers, loading/unloading of trailers is done by machines now.
Pull into the Warehouse, probley select a trailer going by what it is/where it goes/if there's any special things about it(Fragile/Overweight/Time Limit/etc...)/and the reward for delivering it.

Then a machine grabs a trailer and puts it perfectly on your truck for you to hook it up, and you're on your way.

It's pretty much like the 18 WoS Series except the trailer gets hooked for you. I like this. :)

I don't think I would mind this at all. Although it would be neat to be able to load things yourself, since it hasn't been talked about before, I'm sure that is just another thing that would add on to their supposed list of "testing" before they release it.

Tinman
10-06-2007, 07:22 AM
Well, it isn't the loading and unloading that is what I would like to see.

But more the hooking up of the trailer, not that some "thing" puts it perfectly behind me but that you really have to back the truck up precisely under the trailer and than push a button that it connects!