PDA

View Full Version : Which one should I get?

ziegenpeter
03-14-2011, 09:16 AM
Good day fellow RTS-Fans!
I am new to this forum an not quite sure, if this is the right place to post this question. But anyways... I am very curios about the Men of War series, but I don't know which game I should get. I mean, are the expansions stand alone, if yes, is there anything I would miss?
I don't know if some of guys play heroes of might and magic 5, but the last expansion is a very good example of a stand alone which includes the regular game plus the 1st expansion.
So I hope you guys can help me.
Thank you

[SOE]No.Mam
03-14-2011, 02:52 PM
all parts from Men of War are stand alone.

Soldiers - Heroes of World War 2: old - great mods (BTRH & SoE...) - easy too learn/play - multiplayer is dead
Faces of War: nice singleplayer - multiplayer cheatable - hitpointsystem
Men of War: good single- and multiplayer - more than 500 players online - cheatfree
Men of War: Red Tide: only singleplayer
Men of War: Assault Squad: last part from series - great multiplayer - skirmish ...

i think you should start with Men of War. this game is good for single- and multiplayer.

CzaD
03-15-2011, 08:04 AM
To start with, let me assure you that MoW is a very unique game, which can be very much enjoyed. You would either love it or hate it, there is no middle ground.

I would advice you to play MoW and AS demos to find out which one is for you. You might find out that the single player is different in both games. For me, MoW missions win, coz they are very well designed and not as samey as the skirmish missions. You can find out more skirmish missions here:

http://www.digitalmindsoft.eu/forums/viewtopic.php?f=148&t=9105

Also watch out for performance issues in AS, esp. if you are an ATI user. Your AS demo experience will tell you if the game will be smooth or not for you.

Both games have interesting MP and pretty big MP community. AS introduces lots of changes into MP, but it doesn’t revolutionize it. As long as you play with the right settings and with the right players, I am sure you should have a blast in both MP.

TacticalKent
03-15-2011, 07:52 PM
For me Assault Squad is the better, having played the demo to death it feels (for me at least) more refined.